SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 28, 2002, 09:10 PM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Apr 2002
132 Posts
Could use some help with V-Tail linkage

I'm building an Enigma 2M glider and it is a V-Tail design.

The included instructions are somewhat unclear (to me anyways) regarding the linkage to the V-Tail. I cannot tell if I'm supposed to actually cut into the moving surface to install the linkage assembly or just glue it on top of the surface.

I included a few pictures of the linkage, V-Tail and instructions to make things a little clearer (sorry for the focus problems ).

How do I mount these linkages?

Thanks for the help!
Sanman is offline Find More Posts by Sanman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2002, 09:10 PM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Apr 2002
132 Posts
2nd Pic
Old Oct 28, 2002, 09:11 PM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Apr 2002
132 Posts
Instructions - Diagram
Old Oct 29, 2002, 01:33 AM
Ade
Instructor
Bournemouth UK
Joined Aug 2002
1,836 Posts
Ahh a nice easy one :-)

move the elevator up and drill a hole into elevator from the hinge line. This takes the bit of the horn from the 90deg bend. the rest of it sits parallel to the hinge line just inside the elevator, you may need to cut a grove.

Once you have got it to sit where you need it to be expoxy it in place.

Ade
Ade is offline Find More Posts by Ade
Old Oct 29, 2002, 06:02 AM
Punta Gorda, FL
Joined Apr 2002
4,952 Posts
Just to amplify on what Ade said. The control arm with ball kink assembly has to be located along the hinge line so that the ball link falls in line with the pushrod from the servo. Mark the control surface for drilling to take the "L" bend. The "L" bend is too long and should be cut back to about 1/2 inch in length so that the hole in the control surface won't have to be so deep. When drilling for the wire to go into the control surface, aim the drill so that it does not penetrate the surface. Make a groove from the hole to the inboard end of the control surface to epoxy the wire into the control surface leading edge including the epoxy in the hole. Be careful not to get any epoxy onto the hinges. Masking tape can be used to shield the hinges and the covering material from epoxy. Carefully wipe away any excess epoxy.
Ollie is offline Find More Posts by Ollie
Old Oct 29, 2002, 08:13 AM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Apr 2002
132 Posts
Wow! Thanks guys. That is exactly what I needed.

- J