HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2007, 02:36 PM
Joined Oct 2005
21 Posts
Video
My version of Photon's Bipe

Video for the purposes of this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407323

I'm new to depron and flying so this is a little video of my efforts to date.

Cheers.
Hellflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hellflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2007, 07:21 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,355 Posts
Great job! I'm no expert so take this with a grain of salt, it looked like it was a tad tail heavy. Just a little bit. Try putting a penny or two on the nose and fly her see what happens. That is a great looking plane. It almost looks like a store bought Tiger Moth, that's how good it looks!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old May 25, 2007, 09:34 AM
Joined Oct 2005
21 Posts
A nice compliment to spur on the repairs!

Hi there quail. Thank yoou for the advice and the compliment. The design isn't mine though, its taken from plans provided by photon a long time ago but I really liked it. I'm a fan of the full fuse build (purely by choice, not experience) and it seems to have paid off.

I note your comment on the tail and I wondered if it was incorrect CofG or my innacurate setup of the control surfaces.

I'm not sure if you had chance to see the thread that this relates to (link above) but I have since severely crashed her. Your comments will certainly give me some confidence and gusto to rebuild!

Cheers
Marcus.
Hellflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hellflyer
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:01 PM
Ph.D in Depronology
Armageddon
Joined Aug 2004
491 Posts
Hellflyer, very nice video. Looks like you have the perfect place to fly.

The CG on the plan works out fine. I think your plane needs some speed boost to make it stall less. Try increasing the propeller pitch. I used a 9x7 on this plane and it had very nice performance. Remember that this is not a 3D plane, so those 10x4.7 and the like will not do well.
Photon is offline Find More Posts by Photon