Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,393 Posts
Discussion
Great Planes Revolver .46-.70 Ep Arf

For immediate release:
**GREAT PLANES REVOLVER .46-.70 EP ARF
A sleek aerobat with hybrid versatility! It’s the “sports car” of sport aerobats! The Revolver’s contemporary styling makes it a real standout on the flight line. Once it’s airborne, it really takes center stage regardless of whether it’s equipped with a glow engine or brushless motor. Pilotswith low-wing experience will feel right at home putting the Revolver through its paces. On-board radio gear is quickly accessed through the hatch. It also makes it easy to change LiPo battery packs when equipped with an ElectriFly™ brushless power system. The bolt pattern on the firewall lines up exactly for either a .46-.70 glow engine mount or a motor mount for installing a brushless out-runner motor – such as the ElectriFly™ RimFire™
(GPMG4725). And the Revolver is expertly covered with MonoKote®!
• Select balsa and ply are used for the fuselage and tail section; the 2-piece, plug-in
wing features a wire cut foam core that is balsa-sheeted.
• Airfoil-shaped tail surfaces allow the plane to lock in and track solidly.
• Short and direct aileron linkages deliver strong, accurate control during high- and low-speed flight.
• Comes with a complete package of quality Great Planes hardware including a polished aluminum spinner, vacu-formed canopy and pilot figure.
Specifications:
• Wingspan: 59 in (1500 mm) • Wing Area: 563 in² (36 dm²) • RTF Weight: 6-7 lb (2720-
3180 g) • Wing Loading: 25-29 oz/ft² (76-88 g/dm²) • Length: 48 in (1220 mm) •
Requires: 4+ channel radio w/5 servos (50 oz-in min. torque) • Electric Motor
Requirements: 800kV brushless out-runner motor, 80A brushless ESC, (2) 3200mAh
11.1V 20C LiPo packs, 11 x 5.5E prop, large aluminum motor mount • Glow Engine
Requirements: 2-stroke .46-.55 cu in (7.5-9.0 cc) or 4-stroke .70 cu in (11.5 cc) engine
GPMA1018 Revolver .46-.70 EP Sport Aerobat ARF Retail:$229.99 Street:$169.99
IN STOCK: Late June
For more information please visit: www.greatplanes.com
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:10 PM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,680 Posts
Did you have any trouble balancing this model? It's VERY tipsy and I cant seem to find the right balance. Sometimes it falls forward, other times it falls back. I'm using the great planes balancer and I've never had this issue before.
Fidelity101 is offline Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:22 PM
Old Tyme Electric
Joined Mar 2005
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101
Did you have any trouble balancing this model? It's VERY tipsy and I cant seem to find the right balance. Sometimes it falls forward, other times it falls back. I'm using the great planes balancer and I've never had this issue before.
Copied off the RCU review. Check your CG.
Quote:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=922

The CG was not set per the instruction manual, my manual is incorrect and it says the CG should be 4 15/16" back from the leading edge at the root. The CORRECT CG is 4 5/16" back from the leading edge at the root. My model balanced perfectly right on the correct CG with the packs in place. I have been told this was a typo and the current production kits should have the correct CG in the manual
steve crewdog is offline Find More Posts by steve crewdog
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:33 AM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,625 Posts
here is my review of the Revolver for RCGroups...with some notes about the cg before the flying section. i balanced the model upside down without any issue. pm me if you have any questions.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725108
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:56 PM
Go fast, pull up.
Joined Nov 2008
1,680 Posts
Research on the Electric version:

Stock weight with 6S 3200 batteries plus Rimfire 42-60-800 = 808g or 28.5oz

Weight with AXI 4120/14 motor and 5S 5000mAh TrueRC 10S back = 905g or 31.93oz

I've already added 1oz to the tail in order to help with the balance, but due to the models battery location, it's difficult to do anything more than add additional weight. Will this cause issues in flight?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2009, 12:06 AM
Old Tyme Electric
Joined Mar 2005
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101

I've already added 1oz to the tail in order to help with the balance, but due to the models battery location, it's difficult to do anything more than add additional weight. Will this cause issues in flight?
Where do you have your receiver battery? Though the manual shows it under the servos for the electric version I ended up putting it on the the firewall mount to balance the airplane.
steve crewdog is offline Find More Posts by steve crewdog
Old Mar 01, 2009, 08:55 AM
Go fast, pull up.
Joined Nov 2008
1,680 Posts
I don't have a receiver battery as I'm running a BEC setup. The plane seems balanced now after a little guidance from kevin. I removed all of the washers I had originally installed behind the pilot. My configuration, as stated above, is 3.4oz heavier in the front end than stock, so I added 1oz of lead weight to the tail and it appears to be perfectly balanced now. As this is a mid wing plane, it's harder to get an accurate test vs. the low or high wing models. Also, what does hook and loop method mean for testing? Is there a better way to balance the revolver other than inverted and using a Great Planes balancer?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:37 PM
Bath, Ontario
Joined Sep 2007
211 Posts
Revolver Totaled

Heads Up

I totaled my Revolver today. The left aileron box came out of the wing during a snap roll. Really ticked me off as I really like flying the aircraft. Not sure how you can check yours but I think if I get another I will drill some holes in the boxes and insert some 1/8 inch wood tooth picks and some foam safe glue.

cloudniner
cloudniner is offline Find More Posts by cloudniner
Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:47 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
Dang, not good!
I snap roll mine at break-neck speeds. Now I will start worrying
mike early is offline Find More Posts by mike early
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:44 PM
Heli Newb Plane Newb
United States, FL, Delray Beach
Joined Jun 2012
235 Posts
crashed my revolver today tore nose right off

bad day.. ripped nose right off the revlover.. oh well at least i was not in it.

so i guess my cg was not good either.. or maybe just pilot error it has always been hard to land this plan.. would love some small flaps on this .. has tons of aileron...lol any used fuses out there??
Don
indydrt33 is offline Find More Posts by indydrt33