HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by jimmy6819, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 03:17 PM
North Aurora, IL
Joined Mar 2000
400 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
An Open Letter to All Those I have Dealt With Recently.......

As most of you know who have dealt with me past and present, I am a stand up guy who honors his word. HOWEVER, due to circumstances beyond my control, I have been unable to meet a few recent obligations. I owe no one money nor any products. Reason being, I am going thru a nasty divorce, and am hardly here at home to answer my emails. Life has dictated that my priorities and funds go to other things for now. Life is a bit rocky

To Tic and Kevin Petrilla, my sincerest apologies. I never intended to not follow thru, just could not. My emails were being erased and my PC was rendered "unusable". I just purchased a used one for my own use here this morning.

If interested, I will be selling off a few items for obvious reasons.

Again, my apologies to those whom I have angered.........

Regards,

Jim Stovall
jimmy6819 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy6819
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2002, 03:58 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,660 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
i really do want to accept your appology but its kind of hard considering you gave me a COMPLETELY different story before as to why you didnt contact me or keep up on our deal. life is a bit rocky for me too, thats the reason i had the sirius up for sale. i hope you truely mean that you are sorry, if you are i would have no trouble forgetting and moving on.
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
Old Oct 28, 2002, 04:01 PM
Oxford, Alabama USA
Joined May 2001
642 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Good for you, regarding the addressing of negative feedback.

Always better to confront and apologize than to run and cover.

Hope things work themselves out satisfactorily in your personal life.
jimmyray is offline Find More Posts by jimmyray
Old Oct 28, 2002, 04:52 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,688 Posts
Trader Rating: 61
the only issue jimmy is that you were on the ezone, and could have posted or emailed people from the zone. I think that's what people are truly mad about.
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Oct 28, 2002, 06:01 PM
North Aurora, IL
Joined Mar 2000
400 Posts
Kevin: What we discussed earlier happened as well. This is a result of that event. Get what I mean?

Soholingo: If you read the post above, it refers to the fact that I was WITHOUT a PC for some time. This being the reason I could not post or get to my email.
jimmy6819 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy6819
Old Oct 28, 2002, 06:22 PM
Toledo Ohio, USA!
Joined Dec 2001
647 Posts
I havent dealt with jimmy, but i have many many others. All has gone well. But if anyone else, or even I hads a situation that got messy, BUT WAS WORKED OUT* i think the best thing would be an appology. Jimmy, you did the right thing! I look forward to working with you in the future
Gonflyin01 is offline Find More Posts by Gonflyin01
Old Oct 28, 2002, 08:47 PM
CA
Joined Jul 2002
16 Posts
Hi Jimmy,

I am still interested in the Absolute mechanics that we discussed about a month ago. Let me know what else you are trying to sell.
E-mail krumesr@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,

Rick
rickj202 is offline Find More Posts by rickj202
Old Oct 28, 2002, 10:27 PM
Jacksonville FL
Joined Sep 2001
84 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
I have dealt with Jimmy a couple of Times and and never had problems , Will NOT hessitate dealing with him in Future transactions. Jim give me a call when you get a chance .I am very intrested in something in your inventory.
-RCF
RCFLYER0001 is offline Find More Posts by RCFLYER0001
Last edited by RCFLYER0001; Oct 28, 2002 at 10:31 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 11:01 PM
Build A Rocket Boys!
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
4,062 Posts
Trader Rating: 211
For what it's worth I also had a good buying experience with Jim. I bought a Little Star sailplane from him earlier this month. He replied quickly, shipped it "next day" and followed through on his word.

Sounds like a case of bad timing. I'm sure Jim will get things resolved.

Victor
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Old Oct 28, 2002, 11:55 PM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,760 Posts
Trader Rating: 103
I also had a perfect transaction with Jim earlier this year.
He's dealing with something far more important than model airplanes. Let's cut him some slack.

Hang in there, Jim!
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Old Oct 29, 2002, 12:49 AM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmy6819

Soholingo: If you read the post above, it refers to the fact that I was WITHOUT a PC for some time. This being the reason I could not post or get to my email.
I read the post above. YOU WERE ONLINE AFTER YOU MADE AN OFFER TO TIC, AND YOU WERE POSTING. I am sure sometime in that time frame you were without a pc. But I know you were online, because I told tic about your offer on the VIP, and we were both anxiously awaiting the new VIP.

Here is the original thread with request from tic

Here you posted on October 12 After you spoke to tic about the VIP

Here you posted on October 21st. This was a week ago, and you still haven't replied to tic.

So you tell me how you posted on the 12th and 21st without a PC. In all sincerity I hope you get through what ever you are going through. But the fact remains that you had not replied to tic as of my original posting.

j
Last edited by soholingo; Oct 29, 2002 at 12:52 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 01:49 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Hello Guys,

I don't know Jimmy, but read his statement. I will be the first to say, that I'm one of those people, that cast the first stone, when it comes to smelling dirty, no good seller.

After reading Jimmy's post. I have to commend this guy for coming out, and stating his case to us virtual public, it take guts to do what he did, and I don't think one of us would have done, what he is doing right now.

I've stumbled in my shipping once, when I went to Hawaii on an emergency visit, and Man!!! The folks just sometimes don't get it, or wouldn't take reasons for my delay.

I just hope that Jimmy would react quickly to save his reputation, bad enough, his going through the pits in his life. I feel it for him, like I said, it take's gut to come out, I don't think his a sly little rat, but a man with courage, and one that is not afraid under fire.

* Jimmy do settle your transactions, it will be one annoying problems that you can help get rid off, and one problem that helps take a load off your back.

I wish you the best of luck and in life in particular.

Yours truly,

Antonio Genovia
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia
Old Oct 29, 2002, 09:05 AM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,660 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
time to move on

no one is calling jimmy a rat. the fact remains that he was online more than the 2 times that soholingo had noted. (note: if you go to the discussion section, and scroll to the bottom. it tells you who is online, even if they dont post)
(also if you send someone a pm and track it, it tells you the last time that person was online also) i never received a reply even though my pm came back as read. a quick note while he was online would have solved this quickly.

it appears that jimmy is having some issues and i can understand how his story to me privately could relate to the one he posted on the board.

its time to move on. as jimmy has stated no one is out any money or product, just time.
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
Old Oct 29, 2002, 10:16 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,513 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Soho:

Get off your high horse. You may need some slack some day too.
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Oct 29, 2002, 03:18 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by groundloop
Soho:

Get off your high horse. You may need some slack some day too.
Mark,

I completely sympathize with his situation. But Jimmy was being condenscending with his "if you read the post above". I did read the post, and I was telling the truth, and I proved it.

If telling the truth is being on a high horse then so be it.

Quote:
its time to move on. as jimmy has stated no one is out any money or product, just time.
Agreed...

j
Closed Thread