HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2007, 08:10 AM
Joined Apr 2005
23 Posts
Discussion
DX7 heli to DX7 Air ?

Hi,

I just bought and received a DX7 Air radio from USA , but when I opened the box ,,it was a ...... Heli version !!!!
I go in the menu and I cannot find anything to switch to Air mode. Moreover all is written for heli on the transmitter itself ...
Is it possible to swith to air firmware opening the transmitter ?

thanks in advance !
SadE is offline Find More Posts by SadE
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2007, 08:20 AM
gwh
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Dec 1996
1,609 Posts
Page 20,
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...DX7_Manual.pdf
gwh is offline Find More Posts by gwh
Old May 22, 2007, 08:25 AM
Joined Apr 2005
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwh
I tried that without success until I found that I have to switch ooff/switch on the Tx with keys depressed . I's ok now . thanks
But no thanks to Esprit Model to send me a bad transmitter
SadE is offline Find More Posts by SadE
Old May 22, 2007, 01:00 PM
Verona Italy
Joined Aug 2005
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadE
I tried that without success until I found that I have to switch ooff/switch on the Tx with keys depressed . I's ok now . thanks

what differences are there among the dx7 hair and ely?
pragamichele is offline Find More Posts by pragamichele
Old May 22, 2007, 04:01 PM
Maryland, USA
Joined May 2004
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pragamichele
what differences are there among the dx7 hair and ely?
There is no real difference. I bought the heli version, but I only fly airplanes at the moment. The only difference is two switches exchange positions, switch labels are different, throttle stick is smooth but they include the metal part so you can change it back to ratchet. Also, the model memories default to heli. Just change it to aero.
Kwok_Yu is offline Find More Posts by Kwok_Yu
Old May 22, 2007, 04:11 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadE
I am sure you have your reasons for wanting an "air" version but most folks I have talked to prefer the switch positions on the "heli" version. If you need the "ratchet" throttle then you can take the back cover off and replace the smooth friction throttle plate with the ratchet version supplied with the tx. Most folks also prefer the smooth friction throttle too. Give it a try, you may like it better.
cptsnoopy is online now Find More Posts by cptsnoopy