Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 21, 2007, 08:53 PM
Gig Harbor, wa.
Joined Nov 2004
31 Posts
Discussion
E-Sky 4 channel flight simulator

Hi,
Checking to see if any one has tried the S-sky 4 channel flight simulator. It's on sale right now.
240zron is offline Find More Posts by 240zron
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2007, 09:55 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
The simulator that comes with E-Sky is free, it is called FMS and can be downloaded from here:
http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html
What they sell for about $30 (including shipping) is the USB controller and a CD with FMS.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old May 22, 2007, 12:14 AM
Gig Harbor, wa.
Joined Nov 2004
31 Posts
Thanks for the response,
I'm just getting into RC electric flying, And really know nothing about it. I have been reading this forum for quite some time now and finely bought a electric trainer plane.
I'm looking for a flight simulator that i can practice on that won't cost an arm and a leg, But will teach me.

Do you have any idea if the simulator will work on windows Vista? Or do you know of a low price simulator that comes with the controller?

Thanks again,
Old May 22, 2007, 01:06 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
For low cost learning, the E-Sky USB controller is $30 and FMS is free. If you want to spend a little more, take a look at $40 ClearView (uses the E-Sky controller that you must get separatelly). Next is Phoenix for $150 and then RF G3 and FS One at $200.
Each can teach you up to a point and they are all good learning tools and good value, do search here, there is plenty to read for each one.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old May 22, 2007, 01:12 AM
Gig Harbor, wa.
Joined Nov 2004
31 Posts
Thanks much, I've been doing alot of research, Now need to decide.

Thanks for the help,

P.S. I downloaded fms and found that i need to download a d3drm.dll file for ot to play with vista. I downloaded the dll file, But can't figure out where to put it. The program will not auto load it.
Old Jun 01, 2007, 07:48 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240zron
P.S. I downloaded fms and found that i need to download a d3drm.dll file for ot to play with vista. I downloaded the dll file, But can't figure out where to put it. The program will not auto load it.
This is a dynamic link library file... they all normally reside in the C:/windows/system32 directory. But I have that in the proper place, and I also added it to the FMS folder as well, but FMS will still not run under Vista for me.

The frustrating thing is I had it running early on, then reinstalled Vista when I had problems with other programs, and now FMS won't run again.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jun 01, 2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2007, 09:35 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
i got it it work with aerofly and realflight.
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1