Old May 20, 2007, 01:17 PM
Gotta make the doughnuts
Toledo Express, Ohio, United States
Joined Oct 2004
631 Posts
Video
NexStar & Sig Kadet Senior Video

Hey all.

Somebody was asking for some pictures so instead I thought I would post some video.

It was pretty windy so the first flight is with the NexStar which was hard to handle in the wind so I brought it right around after a few attempts to control it and landed it.

The second portion of the video is various clips of the Kadet flying. It's a bit dry until the last 2 minutes.

Also, my girlfriends daughter filmed. I told her not to zoom in and just focus on keeping the plane in the center of the camcorder. It's her first time ever video taping or using the camcorder for that matter. I had to show her how to turn it on and get it to record. She just turned 12 in Apil.

This is in 16:9 wide screen format.
Rhathid is offline Find More Posts by Rhathid
Last edited by Rhathid; May 20, 2007 at 02:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2007, 02:35 PM
Gotta make the doughnuts
Joined Oct 2004
631 Posts
What are your thoughts on the video?

To boring in the middle? How about the text and page rolls?

We'll work on the zooming. I'm not sure who will be recording the next videos I make, but keep in mind the girl recording this video is 12 and it was her first time.

I like having the clouds in the background, it really gives a good perception of the movement and speed of the plane.
Old May 21, 2007, 11:03 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
Well done to your camera technician!
Film clips are best kept to 3 minutes, or so (imo)
Fine liftoffs and landings on windy day.
Regards
Rick
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old May 23, 2007, 12:37 AM
Gotta make the doughnuts
Joined Oct 2004
631 Posts
Thanks.

I debated on the length of it. I cut out a lot. The actual flight on the Kadet was just over 15 minutes.

When I was 20 my roommate was a film major, we used to shoot short films which was a ton of fun. The rule for a movie is no shot longer than 30 seconds and no scene longer than 3 minutes.

I did want to add the pre-flight stuff since that's never in video. Definitely have to have take-off, landing, and a few stunts.

The clouds really bring out the plane though, just like Howard Hughes originated in his film to show the speed.

I'm thinking on making some beginners training videos, not just flying, but how to tune an engine, some basics, why to join the AMA, etc. Whacha think?