Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 19, 2007, 06:33 PM
You land foamies?!
Livonia, Michigan
Joined Feb 2007
431 Posts
Discussion
Does Spektrum Have Any More Plans for the DX6?

I have the spektrum DX6 parkflyer system, and I love it a lot. Does anyone know where Spektrum could go from here? I know they have the DX7, but I was hoping they would expand more on the DX6. 2 things I was hoping they were going to come out with:

-Extremely small, light weight receiver.
-Lower the price of the AR6000!

Thanks

VR91
VictoryRoll-91 is offline Find More Posts by VictoryRoll-91
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
The bad news is that I doubt it that they're going to come out with a receiver like that. The good news is the AR6000 receiver is going down in price, and it will probably go down even more. Spektrum is most likely going to come out with an 8 or 9 channel 2.4 Ghz radio next year or so, and they also came out with those modules this year, so I don't think they will be making anymore new stuff anytime soon. At least not until late this year into next year. But I don't really know for sure, so maybe they will make something like that... You never know.

Bill
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Old May 19, 2007, 10:21 PM
You land foamies?!
Livonia, Michigan
Joined Feb 2007
431 Posts
Yeah, I am now beginning to believe that the DX6 was more of a test. If no one took the bait, then the company wouldn't exactly be in ruins. But because it did have success, the can do what they really wanted to do.
Old May 20, 2007, 01:24 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined May 2004
1,328 Posts
don't get your hopes up... seems like the dx6 is gonna get faded out by the dx7 with the 6100 reciever combo... it is better, so why not
p51flyer is offline Find More Posts by p51flyer
Old May 20, 2007, 05:10 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Sucks to be on the cutting edge, doesn't it..
In my business, they call it the "bleeding edge" for a reason..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old May 20, 2007, 07:47 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,564 Posts
I have both DX6 and 7. I won't be getting rid of the DX6 any time soon. It does everything I ask and then some. My biggest scare is if they get rid of the AR6000 which can be used on both and I trust much more than the AR 61000
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old May 20, 2007, 01:29 PM
No warning points today!!
Hixson, TN
Joined May 2005
645 Posts
Yeah I work at my LHS and from all of the reports I've gotten for those lucky few that have DX7 radios (they only had a handful of the 7s available, they are on backorder again I guess just another test, and we took the bait) the AR6000 is much much more reliable than the 61000. Personally I'm trying to think of a new radio for me to buy that will last me through college (I'm a sophomore in high school, exams this week) and I can't decide between an Optic 6 or the DX6. I don't need all kinds of bells and whistles, I just need it to fly 3D planes and helis, and have a little bit of model memory. But I'm not sure what to go to...I'm leaning towards the DX6 because I can get one for about 150 bucks when you throw in the employee discount and tax. Any hints or tips? I plan on buying a Trex in the future, so it needs to be sport/3d heli capable (which both have done before)
flyingace451 is offline Find More Posts by flyingace451
Old May 20, 2007, 02:42 PM
You land foamies?!
Livonia, Michigan
Joined Feb 2007
431 Posts
Hey I'm a sophomore in high school too. I have the DX6 and fly sport/3d electric planes. Definitely get the DX6. It was my first computer radio, and it is amazing. Very easy to use also.
Old May 20, 2007, 09:27 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRoll-91
I have the spektrum DX6 parkflyer system, and I love it a lot. Does anyone know where Spektrum could go from here? I know they have the DX7, but I was hoping they would expand more on the DX6. 2 things I was hoping they were going to come out with:

-Extremely small, light weight receiver.
-Lower the price of the AR6000!
Thanks
VR91
If you want a DX 6 with more features, drop the 2.4 module into a JR 6102. This has been a very popular mod.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458314
The module is a drop in replacement but I would guess that Spektrum and JR won't bring this to market until competition forces them to do it.
defranci is offline Find More Posts by defranci