Old May 18, 2007, 08:49 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,362 Posts
Help!
Venom Air Corps Night Ranger 3D RC Helicopter RTF

Venom Air Corps Night Ranger 3D RC Helicopter RTF

Ok I was looking at the Venom Air Corps Night Ranger

Is this a good value for the dollar? for a new pilot.

Features

* 100% RTF Micro Electric Heli with True 3D Performance Right from the Box

* No upgrades required for 3D Flight!

* Bell-Hill mixing on the head yields smoother flight characteristics and easy adjustments

* Symmetrical Airfoil Main Blades

* Powerful 370 Main Motor & Motor Driven Tail

* 4-in-1 Electronics Module (Receiver/ESC/Gyro/Mixer)

* 6Ch FM Transmitter w/Throttle & Pitch Curve Trims and Normal/3D Flight Switch

* Collective Pitch System w/ CCPM Mixing

* Alloy Chassis, Head Block, Tail Boom & Landing Skids for Maximum Strength and Precision Flying

* 9-Cell 650mah NiMH Battery for up to 10 Minute Flights

* Brilliant Pearlescent Green Canopy for High Visibility During Stunt Flying

* AC Wall Charger and 8-AA Venom Power Alkalines Included

* Lithium Polymer Battery Ready

* Easily Upgradeable to Brushless, no need to swap out the radio, gyro, or 4 +1 unit like you do with other brands

* High visibility Canopy for orientation while doing aerobatics, that and it looks great
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2007, 03:29 AM
Australia, SA, Elizabeth Downs
Joined Mar 2007
1,172 Posts
Hi
I have one of these and it was a handfull for me (a rank beginner) actually it scared the hell out of me So I went out and got a night ranger2 which has a fixed pitch setup.After a few days I can hover and float around ,Venom have a support area here http://www.rcgroups.com/venom-racing-air-corps-382/
and you can read about it here (warning long thread so make yaself a cup of coffee ) http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455241
A few new ppl have had success with the 3D some havnt,There are a few suggestions in the above thread for toning down the 3D
Cheers
Wozza
Au_Wozza is offline Find More Posts by Au_Wozza
Old May 20, 2007, 07:40 PM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
Not for a new pilot. Some people (like me) got it for a first heli. It is very frusterating and takes a lot of repairs. The NR3D is not sturdy stock and requires some mods to make it reliable.

After crashing mine a few times I got a CX and a sim. Then after a month or so got the 3D back in the air and had some success with it.

Venom has Great support and I would not be afraid of this heli. But get a Sim first and better yet, someone to help you.

Good Luck!
Andy
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.