|Oct 27, 2002, 12:28 PM|
Joined Oct 2002
Need help with some basic newbie problems..
I have a GWS ZERO and are now ready to start installing the radio equip.
But I have never done this on a electric plan before.
Should I connect the speedcontroller to the engine and to the ch3 on my reciver?
Ch3 is the throttel on my radio.
It only gives full gas when I try...
Please help me...
|Oct 27, 2002, 12:56 PM|
Hi Ozzy, first try the servo reversing switch for channel three.
If that doesn't work try plugging the esc into channel 2 and see if it gives you variable speed with the elevator stick to make sure it's working okay.
|Oct 27, 2002, 01:13 PM|
Joined Nov 2001
Need more info.
Radio equipment? (transmitter, receiver, make & model)
Type of ESC? (Speed control)
Number of cells, motor, any other info you can provide.
|Oct 27, 2002, 01:41 PM|
Joined Oct 2002
Oki , here I go.
Radio: Hitec Focus 6
Reciver:GWS gwr 4n
Servos: Grapuners 401
Acc: 7cell 8,4v 600mAh
Motor: speed 300
The model is GWS ZERO.
|Oct 27, 2002, 01:57 PM|
Try these steps:
- First, if you've got a prop on the plane, remove it for safety.
- Channel 3 should NOT be reversed. Check to make sure it's not reversed first.
- Then unplug your battery if it's plugged in and plug the ESC into channel 3 and connect your motor up. Make sure you've got the proper polarity when plugging into your receiver.
- Turn the transmitter on FIRST. Make sure the throttle is all the way off.
- THEN plug in your battery. Be ready, if the engine races then immediately unplug the battery. Try reversing channel 3 and repeat above steps.
I'm not familiar with that ESC, but most ESCs have a safety feature that prevents them from starting up full throttle. If it keeps doing it regardless of the throttle settings or servo reversing, follow BCs testing advise above an plug it into channel 2. If it still isn't working right, you may have a fried ESC.
Hope that helps!
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Help!||Need some help with NiMH batteries (newbie)||limaunion||Batteries and Chargers||6||Oct 25, 2006 05:50 AM|
|Discussion||new to the hobby and need help with some things||javelin2||Fuel Plane Talk||11||Jun 06, 2006 07:45 PM|
|I need help with some club funfly events||mdennis||Fuel Plane Talk||2||Feb 20, 2004 09:46 AM|
|Problems at work. Need help with NiMh packs||RookieOne||Power Systems||3||Jun 04, 2002 12:11 PM|
|I need help with some 50 mAh packs. for MHLG||e-sailpilot86||Power Systems||3||Jul 24, 2001 02:20 PM|