Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by RC Sumo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 17, 2007, 02:43 PM
USA, DE, Seaford
Joined Apr 2004
104 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Wanted
Wanted: Walkera 5#5 or 5#6 or Lama V3 or Blade CX

Need RTF. Looking for a beginner/intermediate dual rotor min/micro heli.
Thanks!
RC Sumo is offline Find More Posts by RC Sumo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2007, 04:36 PM
USA, DE, Seaford
Joined Apr 2004
104 Posts
looking for smaller Dual rotor...so the Blade is a little on the larger side..... I think.
Old May 17, 2007, 05:37 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
Trader Rating: 110
Getting a used #5 is going to be kinda hard because it's too new.
There is a guy here selling Lama's for $55 shipped... You can get great deals on the lamas right now..
see if he has any left

Blade CX is a messed up price for a CX.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old May 17, 2007, 08:31 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Trader Rating: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Getting a used #5 is going to be kinda hard because it's too new.
There is a guy here selling Lama's for $55 shipped... You can get great deals on the lamas right now..
see if he has any left

Blade CX is a messed up price for a CX.
Disagree....

2.4Ghz TX/RX binds without changes to a DX7. 4 AA's instead of 8 and very efficient. Short antennas out of the box. Tons of local hobby shop support for parts. Also great purchasable mods available. Mostly personal preference, but I think the CX2 is a great buy and looks better. IMO of course BTW, love the show Burke, you and JPC are doing a fine job, keep up the good work!

But you are going to have a difficult time finding a used #5 or #6 I would think. I just got one and like it very much.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old May 17, 2007, 09:01 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
Thanks/

Well, a 2.4Ghz RX/TX are .. not really needed for a CX. I just got rid of my 2.4Ghz .. didn't like it.. If you ever did get a twitch in a CX due to 72Mhz, it's not like it's going to cause some massive crash. I guess I'm just saying I've never had any glitches or issues with 72Mhz.. But it could happen I guess.

I wish they would have let you screw off the TNC antenna on the TX. I was going to mod that in, but then got rid of it.

Some people do like the Blade look over a V3, but if thats the case = V4.

I'd like to support the locals, but I wont be 'massively overcharged' for a CX or motor driven tail..

When I had the HBFP, I'd go to the local shop and get Blade CP parts for my FP. Most of it was the same except the head parts..
Old May 18, 2007, 10:37 AM
USA, DE, Seaford
Joined Apr 2004
104 Posts
thanks so far fellas! I missed out on the $55 Lamas....I need one with radio. aside from the radio, is there much difference between the CX and CX2? Those are pushing my budget limits, but seem like great helis.
Old May 19, 2007, 12:54 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
http://www.rc-fever.com/4ch-helicopter-rtf-c-30.html
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:18 AM
sacramento , CA
sacramento , CA
Joined Apr 2007
735 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I have all of those helis that you originally mentioned...guess the real question is how much room do you have and how much experience and your pocket book...the lama is a good beginning heli..tough too..but needs more attention than the CX...the 5#5 and 5#6 are nice..but not outdoors at all...and I had to get smaller tools to make adjustments on them as well..
newbie39 is offline Find More Posts by newbie39
Closed Thread