Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 17, 2007, 07:12 AM
Silver Spring , MD
Joined Jul 2002
308 Posts
Discussion
Any ARF Multi Rotor Helis kit out there?

Hi:

Does anyone know where to get a CX2 or Lama without the Tx? Already have
a DX7 and 72mhz radio and really don't need another transmitter.

Thanks
localbuyer is offline Find More Posts by localbuyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2007, 09:16 AM
Joined Oct 2005
67 Posts
From other discussions on this board, it seems to be the consensus that RTF is how these things come. No one has found anywhere to pick up just the heli retail. Maybe, you might be able to find something on Ebay. Or, you could buy the parts and put it together yourself. My guess is that would cost twice as much as just picking up the RTF with the tx though. these things are so cheap now, I think that they just figure why make them ARF. I think the big money now is in the replacements and upgrades. Then again, you could start right off by building it with all the extreme parts on it and it probably wouldn't be much more than buying a lama and then later buying the extreme parts. There isn't a lot to these little guys, so, to build one from scratch wouldn't be overly difficult. I know I've stripped mine down and rebuilt it in pretty quick time.
Clonefan94 is offline Find More Posts by Clonefan94
Old May 17, 2007, 09:18 AM
Addicted and loving it
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Apr 2007
55 Posts
Check Ebay. There's a guy selling set up CXs without transmitters. Don't have a link, but just search "blade cx"

Billman
billman is offline Find More Posts by billman
Old May 17, 2007, 10:07 AM
Joined Dec 2006
170 Posts
I've figured and figured, and I just can't find a way. Buying just the minimal replacement parts and building up the minimal airframe/drivetrain always seems to cost more than just buying the retail package. Leaving out parts like swash and grips and buying aluminum upgrades costs more yet, likewise leaving out skids and tailboom and buying eXtreme upgrade parts instead. Right now H-L has it on sale and with a $5 off coupon for about $94 plus shipping. Fairly cheap shipping, quick delivery (to me at least) and a reliable company... I said heck with it and just did that.
dmeader is offline Find More Posts by dmeader