HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 07, 2009, 05:07 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,057 Posts
Ming's fox is aileron elevator and rudder if desired . The fly very well are a lot of fun. Not a high performance speed machine by any stretch but great bang fo the buck.
get it from Ming @Windrider them selfs and save the hassle.
SteveW
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2009, 05:20 AM
Richard P
Rockdale NSW
Joined Apr 2009
6 Posts
Hi Steve
Thanks for the reply, are there other types of similar design/shape to the windrider fox that you can also suggest which have better agility...Yes I have re-caught the sloping bug, lol
Cheers
Richard P
Plugaduck is offline Find More Posts by Plugaduck
Old Apr 07, 2009, 05:35 AM
Joined Dec 2003
23,057 Posts
Richard,
there are numerous choices it all depends on what your after , if you want some thing local try off the edge gliders Glenn and Rick can sort your needs very easy . Also Klaus from airsports can give you some other choices ,as well as wowings . All can supply EPP wings that rival anything else available over seas. obviously I can tell you want some thing that looks like and airplane ,in which case have a look at Canterbury Sailplanes range of aircraft ,the PC9 is a very good flyer.
So with all that the choice is one you have to make good luck.
SteveW
Old Apr 07, 2009, 07:03 AM
Richard P
Rockdale NSW
Joined Apr 2009
6 Posts
Looks Like I'm off to do some slope soaring homework. Damn that Jart LT on special at the moment is so tempting tho, lol :P

Thanks for your help

Richard P
Plugaduck is offline Find More Posts by Plugaduck
Old Apr 07, 2009, 07:37 PM
Australia, NSW, Peakhurst
Joined Mar 2006
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugaduck
Looks Like I'm off to do some slope soaring homework. Damn that Jart LT on special at the moment is so tempting tho, lol :P

Thanks for your help

Richard P
Hi Richard P

The fox is on special at R2 hobbies... not sure about postage about $25.00US I think...
http://www.r2hobbies.com/products.php?cat=101&pg=2 second from the bottom of the page... there is the little 1.2M Speedo Thermo also on special as well... I think somebody was asking about this at Otford recently ??. Anyway... back to planes .. I have the Jart LT Still in the box for now... and at $195US closer to $270.00 AUS then you have to fit it out ,it's not going to be an allrounder for you. The glass fuse is nothing like the ones made by the DIY's and the wings are balsa built up ,if your OK with glass/balsa repairs you would be able to get X2 EPP planes fitted out for close to the JartLT finished cost.
Depending on your likes.. first choice is Delta wing conf' or standard -full on control throws. That will narrow your search a lot

Started slope about 2 years ago from power.. I had an ELE Bee wing , and meet up with Tu from WSSS.. bought a Alula and a Weasel. To light for most good condition at Otford.. well it was for me then. Bought a Bee and haven't looked back.. in fact of all the planes I have now..Steve W. knows I can't fit them in the van and the plane that I fly the most and covers just about all conditions is the Bee or the Moth.. The other X2 are the Scorpion (wing)from"off the edge gliders Glenn and Rick" and the M60.With all the other planes I still will fly them from time to time but the bang for the buck is the wing. 2 years on and it still going. Even the Fox while a good plane would not have lasted like the Bee (Wing) has with my thumbs on the sticks . The scorpion is much faster wing than the Bee.
The little speedo Thermo would be the replacement for the JartLT
and the PC9 is in the area of the Fox.. Steve W. might disagree on some points but that would be as close as I could compare them in general.
Good to have another retuning to the slope.. thought of coming up to the gathering at Manilla in June or September..Slap something together "always good to have a bush basher "and have a look at what is around, it looks to be turning out to be a good get together.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=Manilla+09
Good luck on your search..
Cheers
Richard
Bear_au is offline Find More Posts by Bear_au
Old Apr 07, 2009, 08:57 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Jartworld now has EPP Jarts available again.

http://www.jartworld.com/jartworld_p..._kits_epp.html
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Apr 08, 2009, 05:23 AM
Leaning doesn't help
Sydney
Joined Sep 2005
820 Posts
I need the dollar to get back up to 98c before I jump for one of those. I wonder whats happening with the fishy dish nator designed?
Gluggy is offline Find More Posts by Gluggy
Old Apr 08, 2009, 06:02 AM
has fogotten how to fly stuff
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2006
6,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluggy
I need the dollar to get back up to 98c before I jump for one of those.
Reckon you'll be waiting a while.
me_wantee is offline Find More Posts by me_wantee
Old Apr 08, 2009, 06:15 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluggy
I need the dollar to get back up to 98c before I jump for one of those. I wonder whats happening with the fishy dish nator designed?
Dunno but if I hear nothing soon I'm thinking of grabbing a LE Fish next pay.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Apr 08, 2009, 07:19 AM
Australia, NSW, Peakhurst
Joined Mar 2006
163 Posts
I got the Le Fish and the EPP Jart when the dollar was at 98cents.. I have started the Fishy.. but the EPP jart is still in the box as well . Just not enough hours in the day
But the thing that slowed up the build on the Fish and the EPP jart was the channel cutting for the push rods and servo cables etc... I hate hacking at EPP even with a sharp blade.... so while I was doing the M60 .. I went out and bought a router from Bunnings to cut the ballast tube channel... best thing I ever did.. worth ever cent.. it was only about $60 and variable speed .plus $20.00 for the bits, and the attachment for my dremel was over $70 and the little Ryobi single hand held router/trimmer was about $130.. this one is a standard size and is really easy to use , because of the weight it is very stable when using it (both hands needed)... unlike the small one that can get away on you .. and you may as well use the Dremel.. which doesn't do the job as well as the true router..so now I can cut the channels battery pack holes, servo holes, push rod slot accurate and quick I don't know if many of you guys use one .. but as I said best toy I have bought in a long time..
Cheers
Richard.
Bear_au is offline Find More Posts by Bear_au
Old Apr 08, 2009, 07:44 AM
has fogotten how to fly stuff
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2006
6,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze
Dunno but if I hear nothing soon I'm thinking of grabbing a LE Fish next pay.
Do it. You'll love it.
I always enjoy flying my Guppy. The build is a pain, but you'll get over it with your first blender
me_wantee is offline Find More Posts by me_wantee
Old Apr 08, 2009, 06:24 PM
Heres JOHNNY!
Bondi
Joined Mar 2008
1,090 Posts
Is otford going to be flyable any day over the long weekend? I've got a bird to maiden!
pldrummerboy is offline Find More Posts by pldrummerboy
Old Apr 08, 2009, 06:27 PM
Joined Dec 2003
23,057 Posts
Ummm not by the Forecast Pete its a NE type of weekend
SteveW flying WSW Saturday morning
Old Apr 08, 2009, 06:46 PM
Heres JOHNNY!
Bondi
Joined Mar 2008
1,090 Posts
Doh! Longreef it is then. Or maybe a trip to Newcastle for a change.
pldrummerboy is offline Find More Posts by pldrummerboy
Old Apr 08, 2009, 07:04 PM
Joined Dec 2003
23,057 Posts
You can always go down to Sandon point in a NE
SteveW
Closed Thread