HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 16, 2007, 05:59 AM
Scorpian 60'' 2012
Kurrajong Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,455 Posts
Discussion
NSW Slope Soaring Association & Otford flying site.

Welcome to the new slope thread for the NSW Slope Soaring Association & the Otford flying site.

As some of you will be aware, at the resent meeting for the NSWSSA a new committee was elected for the club.

The new committee would like to extend their thanks to Dennis for keeping the club going over the last couple of years, by himself & hope we can carry on the good work and enjoy further flying at Otford.

These are the Minutes. Helensburg hotel on the 12-05-07.

Meeting open 5.00 pm.

Attendance:
Present:
Steve Wenban
Zeb Wenban
Steve Foster
Tim (moth man)
Fred Lodden
Tom Illyes
Glenn (flatstick)
Allan Roberts
Matt Gray
Rick Hatherly
Brett Vonholdt
Glyn (gluggly)
Drew Park
Apologies if I missed any one

Apologies:
Glenn Dorenboon

Steve W took the chair & commenced with the election of the new office bearers,

It was found that there were only 2 full members at the meeting & the rest were associate members.
As there is no documentation for a full list of members the following were elected as the new committee.

The new committee now comprises of:
President: Matt Gray
Secretary/ Treasurer: Rick Hatherly
National Parks Liaison: Glenn Dorenboon
Safety officer: Tom Illyes
Committee Assistants:
Drew Park & Steve Wenban

The Meeting was then opened for General discussion:-.

·General discussion about the running of the club & what requirements need to be completed within the next 6 weeks (the end of financial year), for the continuation of the club & the use of the Otford flying sights.

·Steve W: raised the issue regarding the use of the keyboard & its whereabouts?
He suggested that if possible the keyboard to be kept at the pie shop with Pauline & the first flyer to arrive is to get it out (this is only possible on the w/ends as the shop is not open week days)
(I will have a supply of keys for the board soon)

·Tom Illyes: Has spoken to Pauline at the shop about the parking situation, if possible all flyers need to double park where possible & even park on the shop side of the road on the grass verge.

·Rich H: queried the possibility of getting signs at both slopes with just a brief over view of requirements’ to fly at Otford . This needs to be followed up with the National Parks & Wildlife of NSW.

·Brett V: is to close the OTFORD TODAY thread on RC groups & Rick H will replace it with a new thread NSW Slope Soaring Association & Otford flying, this will now be a point of contact as most members are on the groups.

Meeting closed at 6.00 pm

After the meeting my first thoughts were that I needed to get a list of members together both full & associate, as there appears to not to be any list of current members. I’m requesting that if you are a member, think you are, or want to be a member or associate to contact me with the details I have listed below. I have requested a membership list from the MAS (miniature aero sport NSW) this will be a full member list only. The associate members will be given grace till the end of the financial year, for those that paid me at the conclusion of the meeting I will be sending you a receipt for the moneys paid.
If you know of any members that don’t have access to the web could you please get them to send me their details?

I have not received any information back from the MASNSW as yet, I can’t give you a cost of the up coming fee for insurance but when I do I'll post it.

Rick
BMtech is offline Find More Posts by BMtech
Last edited by BMtech; Aug 01, 2008 at 05:11 AM. Reason: no longer tes/sec
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2007, 06:00 AM
Scorpian 60'' 2012
Kurrajong Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,455 Posts
-------------------announcements---------------------

Link to Otford Today

Just a note about the 1/2 year fees,The half yearly fees only apply to new members who have not been MASNSW
members in the past. It is for the first timer who wants to join after
January and it provides membership for the last six months of the financial
year.

Rick.
Last edited by BMtech; Aug 01, 2008 at 05:10 AM. Reason: link
Old May 16, 2007, 06:44 AM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,529 Posts
For those of you that are thinking of coming up to Blackheath on Saturday please not that this is a hang glider site and if there are any hang gliders or para sailer's there please give them right of way, also the astro turf area is there setup area, so if they are there please keep it clear while they set up, after they have jumped off the cliff you probably wont see them again as they land els were. Having said that, if the wind is above 15knots then they probably wont be there anyway, so go for you life.

Glenn
ZIPPER is offline Find More Posts by ZIPPER
Old May 16, 2007, 08:29 AM
If it flies - it's good
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2003
1,134 Posts
Is anyone going to La Perouse on Saturday or is there an exodus to the mountains?
F

PS: I had to post something so that this thread is registered in 'My RCGroups' and I get an email whenever someone else posts.
Fred_L is offline Find More Posts by Fred_L
Old May 16, 2007, 09:05 AM
RC recluse
Australia, NSW, Kempsey
Joined Dec 2004
1,808 Posts
I cant go to the mountains on Saturday, have to be home by 1pm, so i am going to go to La Perouse.

Anyone else want to meet there at 10am? Wind dependant of course. We need 10kts from the west, WSW, WNW.

Brett
nator_au is offline Find More Posts by nator_au
Old May 16, 2007, 02:46 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
22,671 Posts
Yeah baby dat's wat I'm talkin bout .....
Great stuff Rick and well done on the minutes , I thought the meeting was a very productive and certainly a giant leap forward for the association . To all members and associate members as was stated at the meeting the slope season does not end with the summer season ,we can actually fly all year round at various sites including La Perouse, Mt Annan , Blackheath just to name a few it makes it so much easier to justify your full membership with the NSWSSA or even the WSSS , either way their will be associate members of either club . I'm very happy to see some new blood injected into the group and see a bright and blooming future for the NSWSSA that is has been lacking for along time. Of Course thats not taking anything away from the efforts that Dennis has put into the club but its just needs a new push to get it past the stagnation . I'll be contacting Dennis regarding the keyboard today as well as a few other queries .. I guess its time to say Happy Birthday NSWSSA you've finally come of age.
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: done
Old May 16, 2007, 05:24 PM
The Glider Version
Liverpool, Sydney
Joined Mar 2007
1,257 Posts
Saturday should be great up at Blackheath...I'm now registered
Glenn...who has to change avatar for new forum!
Zipper, when are you throwing your first glider out?
[ BTW when are you getting there?]
flatstick is offline Find More Posts by flatstick
Last edited by flatstick; May 16, 2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: time
Old May 16, 2007, 05:36 PM
The Glider Version
Liverpool, Sydney
Joined Mar 2007
1,257 Posts
Otford , arial

This is Otford form above
flatstick is offline Find More Posts by flatstick
Old May 16, 2007, 07:16 PM
Leaning doesn't help
Sydney
Joined Sep 2005
820 Posts
I'm going to Mt Annan Saturday morning if anyone is interested, I will be there between 9 and 12 noon to fly the petro and the scorpian if the westerlies arrive. Blackheath would be nice, but I'm not ready for the BIG LIFT just yet. Have a good one though - gluggy
Gluggy is offline Find More Posts by Gluggy
Old May 16, 2007, 07:43 PM
<< Let's go sloping >>
Caringbah
Joined Jan 2007
133 Posts
Fred / Brett, I'll be there at 10am (or earlier) to make the most of the morning before the sun kicks around in our face. Not sure if the Speedo will like the brush or whether I should just take the Moth and EZ Glider??
Tim.
Moth Man is offline Find More Posts by Moth Man
Old May 16, 2007, 09:02 PM
RC recluse
Australia, NSW, Kempsey
Joined Dec 2004
1,808 Posts
Id stick with the moth/ez glider if i were you.

Not so sure ill make it on Saturday morning to La Perouse. I hope to sneak out some other time over the weekend, if the wind looks good, and fly at La Perouse though.
nator_au is offline Find More Posts by nator_au
Old May 16, 2007, 09:07 PM
<< Let's go sloping >>
Caringbah
Joined Jan 2007
133 Posts
Don't want to be too pedantic but could someone please rename the "sight" to "site" in our thread name ie. s/be "NSW Slope Soaring Association & Otford flying site" (mind you we do have some nice sightings with the nice view and the planes)
Thanks
T
Moth Man is offline Find More Posts by Moth Man
Old May 17, 2007, 05:18 AM
Scorpian 60'' 2012
Kurrajong Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,455 Posts
site sight

^^^^ Done

Now send me you details!!!!

Rick
Old May 17, 2007, 09:35 PM
If it flies - it's good
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2003
1,134 Posts
Coastal winds forecast for closed waters - Saturday: Wind: W 20/30 knots easing slowly.

Saturday should be big air! It would be adventurous to try the Easy Glider or any floaters.
F
Fred_L is offline Find More Posts by Fred_L
Old May 18, 2007, 03:31 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
22,671 Posts
working tomorrow so I'm out of action
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: done