Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 14, 2007, 07:23 PM
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
Help!
HB King gliching problem

hey guys, today i received my king after along wait. i maddened it in my basement without problems but on the 2nd charge i took it to the park and started some FF when after i got 30 feet away, it started some insane gliching. so i started taking it in for a landing and then it got a bad glitch and smoked the ground braking a blade and skids. am i the only one that has a gliching problem? i understand that the TX and elecs are not top quality.. should i get a exchange from the ebay seller or am i off to buying parts now and waiting some more weeks?? if so then whats the cheapest place i can get parts for the king? thanks
Jakub
RC flight is offline Find More Posts by RC flight
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2007, 07:53 PM
Rave heaven
Chicago surburbanite
Joined Nov 2006
5,125 Posts
i didn't have any glitching with My King V2, that's the one you got right? if so, i've gotten none yet but the oen where my tx was to the red led and i didn't even notice since it was so sunny outside. do you have pics of how you routeed your antenna? that might help. also, is your esc too close to the motor if you've changed esc's for brushless?Pics will help, you may also want to try ferrite rings?

Later
Eric
helitaiwan963 is offline Find More Posts by helitaiwan963
Old May 14, 2007, 08:05 PM
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
yes it is the V2. at the moment i cant get any pics but the antena is rapped around the top of two landing struts then goes down into the antena tube.. this seames right to me. the electronics are mounted how they are stock.. well im verry disapointed at this thing should i be able to exchange it from the ebay seller or not? thanks
Old May 14, 2007, 08:23 PM
Rave heaven
Chicago surburbanite
Joined Nov 2006
5,125 Posts
I'm pretty sure your not gonna get a exchange now that you've crashed it. You also wouldn't get one since all radios glitch, yes, even the 2.4 Ghz ones. interference is interferance, you'll always get it no matter what. As for the parts, the landing skids aren't avalible here yet unless your order from europe of HK. RC711.com has all the parts in stock or the skids you can just buy the Esky Cool ones and drill your own holes. THey are only 3 bucks at BP hobbies. Also, as for the main blades, try ebay, i think 11bkm still has some in stock. I ordered the 290 esky cool ones off bphobbies but i have yet to try them to see if too long or not. A friend tried them and they were fine but who knows. Are you sure that's all you broke, spindle, main shaft, bent flybars?

later
Eric
Old May 14, 2007, 09:46 PM
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
thnx Eric, so far i havn't heard from the dealer yet. im pretty sure ill be buying parts . i found these at HD http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=578
they are only 9.99 and for the skids i can drill some holes in some super skids. either then that, im not sure if anything els is bent or broken. everything els looks fine. the only thing i dont know what to do about is the GLICHING. i dont see a point to fixing it if it going to do the exact same thing agen... should i try a Blue Arrow micro RX instead of the stock esky RX ? i dont plan on upgrading my TX yet. any help?
thanks
Jakub
Old May 15, 2007, 08:14 PM
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
any more help? should a Blue Arrow micro reciever be anybetter then the Esky RX? i just dont know what to do about this gliching problem.. the gliches were verry bad causing my heli to drop to the ground. im afraid to spend money fixing broken parts then flying the thing and going threw the same glich/crash problem. any help? thanks
Jakub
Old May 16, 2007, 02:11 PM
Fort Worth, TX
Joined May 2007
22 Posts
My new HB King v2 also glitched

My "glitch" is that it will go to full power for about 2 seconds. Even though it happens without warning, my perception is that all other control inputs are usuable during this time. It's a new bird and it happened 5 times within the use of the first 1250mah battery pack.

3 of the times it happened on the ground, once at about 5 ft hover, and once while I was carrying it outside. Of course while I was carrying it...it torqued out of my hands and I dropped it, luckily just bent one of the skids a bit. The first time it happened I thought maybe I bumped the TX. But then later I had the bird on the ground, placed the transmitter on the ground, walked over to the the bird ready to unplug the battery and right before I reached into the blades it spun up. This brings a whole new twist to safety procedures when trying to manage a glitchy copter.

So what could be the culprit? I was wondering if it could be a motion sensor from my alarm interfered with the RX? This is the first battery pack, but the TX batteries are those light hearted batts from the factory, even though the LED's on the TX started full and finished with one less LED. It was also weird that after I first installed the batts in the TX it would not power up, I had to reseat them 3 times before they made proper contact (scary!), but then I tried to roll them and move them around a bit to see if I could make it fail and had no problem.

The only things I have done after pulling it out of the box (besides blade balancing and tracking) was 1) pull the tailboom out 1mm to take up some slack in the belt, 2) wrap the antenna around the landing gear with the last 10 inches going toward the horizontal fin with a rubber band to keep a light tension on it, 3) slightly adjusted the position of the tail rotor server to reduce the friction on that pushrod.
CapricornOne is offline Find More Posts by CapricornOne
Old May 16, 2007, 02:47 PM
Flight Cadet
Florida
Joined Feb 2007
546 Posts
Capricorn:

I would be concerned if any part of the unshielded antenna is touching the aluminum boom. I've only flown mine maybe 300 feet away from me and seems fine with the antenna only wrapped around a skid.

Interference is certainly a possibility. Take it somewhere else and see if it happens. My HB FP sometimes glitches when someone opens and closes doors in my house!

I had a power loss problem (opposite of your problem) initially with my king v2 but it went away after a few packs. Now my only problem is tracking related in negative pitch and the tail will still swing wildly once every few packs. I imagine both problems stem from mechanical issues.
tangel is offline Find More Posts by tangel
Old May 16, 2007, 03:39 PM
Rave heaven
Chicago surburbanite
Joined Nov 2006
5,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC flight
thnx Eric, so far i havn't heard from the dealer yet. im pretty sure ill be buying parts . i found these at HD http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=578
they are only 9.99 and for the skids i can drill some holes in some super skids. either then that, im not sure if anything els is bent or broken. everything els looks fine. the only thing i dont know what to do about is the GLICHING. i dont see a point to fixing it if it going to do the exact same thing agen... should i try a Blue Arrow micro RX instead of the stock esky RX ? i dont plan on upgrading my TX yet. any help?
thanks
Jakub
Well, if your gonna buy 290 blades, go to Bp hobbie sand search Esky Cool main woodies. only 6 bucks and the skids too are only 4 bucks plus shipping

Later
eric
Old May 16, 2007, 09:49 PM
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
thanks for that. i just ordered a bunch from them including 5 pairs of those COOL blades. i dont think i will brake that much anyways butt.. you never know. thanks again
Jakub
Old May 17, 2007, 09:41 AM
Idle up!
USA, VT
Joined Nov 2004
5,802 Posts
when it comes to glitches.. i goto the rx 1st.

1) loose crystal?

2) bad crystal?

3) bare wire on antenna? (could be bare inside rx, take it appart)

if this is rtf version..

the TX is next to check..

1) loose crystal?

2) bad crystal?

3) dirty pots?
PLATINUM is offline Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Old May 18, 2007, 02:03 PM
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
thanks PLATINUM, ill check all those out. im just hoping it not the TX.
Jakub
Old Jun 02, 2007, 05:02 PM
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
k well guys i still didnt get the gliching problem solved. the seller told me hes going on a vacation so i cant send him the TC and RX to test... anyone have any new sugestions for me? i got my order and all my parts fix so my heli is rtf now eccept for the gliching problem.. an i stuck with buying a whole new TX and RX??? any help? thanks
Jakub
Old Jun 02, 2007, 05:04 PM
Rave heaven
Chicago surburbanite
Joined Nov 2006
5,125 Posts
Got some pictures like where your electronics are and how your wiring your antenna? That might help. Maybe your TX is low on batteries?

later
Eric
Old Jun 02, 2007, 06:30 PM
Mapleton, Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
1,887 Posts
Take all the blades off (tail too) and do some range checks (outdoors) with your tx antenna down. That way you can experiment with stuff like antenna routing (ie.) and start ruling out what the problem isn't without destroying your heli.
Letcraft is offline Find More Posts by Letcraft