HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2002, 02:38 PM
Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,070 Posts
Electric Propulsion Data

See www.fmadirect.com Click on Support then scroll to Applications Notes. Take a look at Exhibit 9 that is set up for the range of users. I am working on an AN specifically for model airplanes. It is intended to set up "footprints" for various power combos. We will shortly provide a Li Poly Calc that lets you select battery combos for whatever current drain and throttle position you choose. The major inputs are current and throttle position. However, it is a chore to relate that to theroretical airplane performance. It will help greatly to have enough known performance data for as many airplane- propulsion combos as practical. This will permit empirical estimation of what it takes to fly, e.g. a TM. These data will be for simple GO-NO-GO; i.e., an Ellipstik flys OK with (describe propulsion package) on current draw of XX amps.
In the meantime, please provide all the info you can for a scatter-gram that shows where the available propulsion set lies on the chart. Please be sure to specify the things that relate to current draw: motor, gear ratio, prop size, and prop pitch. Let's start filling in the boxes: One for micro; one for 280-300 geared and direct; one for 400 geared and direct; and one for the big stuff. In due time, let us overlay experience with brushless. When we have all this done, it becomes a simple matter to size everything. Don't be shy, but please keep it to input, not questions that make the thread go on forever.
electroman is offline Find More Posts by electroman
to remove ads between posts