HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2002, 11:02 PM
Pyromaniac; now on wings!
Milford, NJ
Joined Oct 2002
215 Posts
a great new kit from Laser Models!

hey everyone,
Just this morning my new Laser3D kit arrived from Tower Hobbies. i am in the process of starting to buld this very high quality kit and i would like to know if anyone wants me to post throughout the building process? if so, just reply and i'll continue. otherwise i just won't.
CrazyMike is offline Find More Posts by CrazyMike
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2002, 12:24 AM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,194 Posts
For Sure....!

....thats what this forum is all about......reference material.......
it's very nice to come here and do a search and bingo..find material and pictures on a model that has caught your interest....

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Old Oct 26, 2002, 12:32 AM
Joined Apr 2002
4,194 Posts
...this the one?

How will you power it?
Old Oct 26, 2002, 07:14 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
CrazyMike,
Bring it on! We'd love to see the building progress!!
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Oct 29, 2002, 08:22 PM
Milford, NJ
Joined Oct 2002
215 Posts
alright, i will post the building process. i have a pic here of the joined wing (2 hours ago), and i will post an entire summary up till now later tonite or tommorow, i gotta get through this damned homework first... i am also posting this stuff at RCU and some comments i have gotten are, "OMG that is a nice looking kit!", and "DAMN! i could hardley build it that nice and i'm 45 yrs old!" (i'm in eight grade) c yall lata!

Crazy Mike
Old Oct 29, 2002, 09:37 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Fine job on the wing, looks great!!
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Oct 30, 2002, 08:18 AM
Joined Apr 2002
4,194 Posts
hummm...

..that's an interesting rib arrangement......I see a couple there have slots instead of holes.....guess I'll know why shortly..!

Lookin good..!

Bill
Old Oct 30, 2002, 08:47 AM
Milford, NJ
Joined Oct 2002
215 Posts
heres the overview up till now:

I got the kit last friday and immediately knew that this was one high-quality job. every body said it was an easy kit and i could see why. all laser cut parts, detailed directions, and it included everything from hinges to a fuel tank to langing gear right there in the kit!

I built the first wing half, going slow to work out a technique, and finally go it figured out for the second half. This was all very easy. I glued everything first with thin CA and then went over all of it with medium.

Next i joined the wing. this was done with epoxy and some of those nice yellow hand clamps. (pic above). It all fit well except that to make it all straight, i had to leave a gap in the trailing edge, so i will fill that in later when i epoxy the trailing edge.

Well that's what's happened so far. You were wondering what those slots in the ribs were. Those are where you put the assembled servo mounts.

There are two major things to change when building this kit. First, the elevator is a bit weak for harriers, so that needs internal pins or 1/16 sheeting or gussets or sumthin'. Also, they give you a wooden motor mount to assemble. I decided to use one of those nice vibration-reducing jobs.

I will probably join the trailing edge later and i will get back to you then.

Crazy Mike