HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
Crescent Beach BC
Joined Apr 2007
109 Posts
Question
P&B Esprit

I've been looking for the opportunity to resurrect an early 90's, never used setup for an electric sailplane. It came yesterday when I ran across an Esprit c(2001), as reviewed here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148962

I got the plane cheap, and decided that I'd attempt the build despite the frustrations experienced by the reviewer in the above article. Did I mention I got it real cheap?

I've sent an email to Esprit Models if they could offer any assistance as to the fixes mentioned in the review to later versions, and if I might be able to avoid those same issues.

If anyone else could offer some assistance in that regard, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
jimsz is offline Find More Posts by jimsz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2007, 11:35 PM
Crescent Beach BC
Joined Apr 2007
109 Posts
Well, finished the plane and had pretty much the same issues as the reviewer. However, I managed to do a few things differently, most of which was based on what Kevin reported in his review, which gave me some time to think about alternatives. One was to fill in the servo hole on the wing with foam and re-cut it where the plans indicated.

It's got an old 600 motor, new 25A speed controller, Futaba Attack AM transmitter, receiver and 3 servos.

It's yet to get a maiden flight since my charger just packed it in. Will be getting a new Triton Jr. to replace it - and just finished building a 12V power supply from an old computer.
Old Jul 05, 2007, 07:47 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
This is a sport model, not a sailplane - you might have better luck in the Sport Planes forum..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jul 05, 2007, 11:37 AM
Crescent Beach BC
Joined Apr 2007
109 Posts
Terribly sorry, Andy. I've asked a moderator to move this thread to the Sport Planes forum. Thanks.
Old Jul 05, 2007, 12:43 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
No need to apologize!
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W