HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:17 AM
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
ok printed and by comparison in my mind the size looks pretty close but like you said thickness will mater hopefully that will work i am so tired of throwing this thing.
mike-heli is offline Find More Posts by mike-heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:23 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-heli View Post
ok thank you for the winglet pics and i will make them out of the thicker stuff. also do yo uthink it might be a torque issue of the motor.

ok here are some more pics.
There are some torquey motors out there, I doubt yours is "The best" of them all, so I would suggest it isnt the motor "overtorquing" the plane, but rather a thrust line or flight controll issue.

You havent showed any pictures of the elevons at rest with power to the receiver and servos so we can "see" more to try to help you.

You havent disclosed any information about your build process, like CK suggested, it might start with the basic build ............ is it built upside-down ?

Answers to all questions and details of information can greatly assist some seasoned veterans to helping you get to the bottom of your problems.

Lets all just hope its the thin winglets so you can have some safe, fast, and fun flights.
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,787 Posts
Well if its a 7/6 that is one of the problems , the foil will not take big props, it likes a 6/4 spinning high rpms, you compensation for tork and possible thrustangle issuse is only amplified by a setup that will never unload.
Get the rpms up and get that prop off there, the tl 50 is a 100 mph t 110 mph designed machine max.
Big props will make her get into a slow roll at high speed.
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
build process

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
There are some torquey motors out there, I doubt yours is "The best" of them all, so I would suggest it isnt the motor "overtorquing" the plane, but rather a thrust line or flight controll issue.

You havent showed any pictures of the elevons at rest with power to the receiver and servos so we can "see" more to try to help you.

You havent disclosed any information about your build process, like CK suggested, it might start with the basic build ............ is it built upside-down ?

Answers to all questions and details of information can greatly assist some seasoned veterans to helping you get to the bottom of your problems.

Lets all just hope its the thin winglets so you can have some safe, fast, and fun flights.

1. i didnt build it
2 i have been giving pics of top and bottom
3 never said had the best motor
4 no one aske for pics with bpowert on so they can see the elevo9ns at rest you want top or bottom be exact on what you want i told my set up completely like three times
5. winglets were 5mm thick and they were cut with proper direction and spit between the wing the only difrence was shape and sixe was one inch wider
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
prop size

Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
Well if its a 7/6 that is one of the problems , the foil will not take big props, it likes a 6/4 spinning high rpms, you compensation for tork and possible thrustangle issuse is only amplified by a setup that will never unload.
Get the rpms up and get that prop off there, the tl 50 is a 100 mph t 110 mph designed machine max.
Big props will make her get into a slow roll at high speed.
ok well i went down to 7x4 apc and you say smaller i can do
running 4cell 4000mah eflite ducted 32 motor so what would you sugest with that set up
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Aieleron/elevator movement (0 min 27 sec)

heres link to ailerons/ elevator
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:09 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Mike, I can understand your frustration with not having a clear solution to the problem.

You have a good crowd doing their best to help you. The questions they ask are for a good reason, as are the recommendations based on your responses. The tone of your response can determine whether that recommendation comes or not.
What they say may work or it may not, but it's the best they can do.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:24 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
And Mike,
Your elevator rates are WAY too high.

Since the elevons are more responsive at higher speed, this is why it's uncontrollable when you get on the power.

You need about half the travel you have now.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:34 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,787 Posts
LOL , your rates are wayy to high,crazy wayy to high.
Your horn pivot points are not even over the hinge line for best geometry.
With rates like that it will stall all over the place and feel really squirly
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdnunoc View Post
And Mike,
Your elevator rates are WAY too high.

Since the elevons are more responsive at higher speed, this is why it's uncontrollable when you get on the power.

You need about half the travel you have now.
iwant to say first THANK YOU ALL for all the help im very frustated due to i have sank another 300 just in servos and recievers and connectors and have thrown this thing so many time the tips of my finger are cut and raw,,,, the amount of throw only matters when you reach flying speeds but i cant even get there as soon as i get close she rolls over and i get it to get into flat spin and bam ground on low rates i am down to 30% and 60% on high rates i will take video of it tomm if weather permits ill drop rates even further and prop is now down to 7x4 i have to buy another one i have 6x4 apc but it is so little like thin lol ok again all thank you
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
LOL , your rates are wayy to high,crazy wayy to high.
Your horn pivot points are not even over the hinge line for best geometry.
With rates like that it will stall all over the place and feel really squirly
ok so should i change the horns to the ones that will shift it foward and im at 30% and you say drop down further
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
Crash Test Dummy
United States, ME, Mapleton
Joined May 2005
902 Posts
Not that it matters but I would bet that wing is a Wingwarrior not a Ritewing. Ritewings have tapered elevons but Wingwarriors came with flat balsa elevons with rounded edges just like you have

Eric
e2346437 is online now Find More Posts by e2346437
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,787 Posts
No dont drop them put the hinge point and clevis attach point over eachother.
Big prop will cause torque issues.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:53 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,787 Posts
If anything drop the one on the servo
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2346437 View Post
Not that it matters but I would bet that wing is a Wingwarrior not a Ritewing. Ritewings have tapered elevons but Wingwarriors came with flat balsa elevons with rounded edges just like you have

Eric
its older like 4 plus years definitley rite wing