HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2008, 08:08 AM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
I had to scrap all my mounts due to a bolt hole issue.
I will make the design just a little wider and run another batch of them next week. sorry.
Dan
Micro Dan is offline Find More Posts by Micro Dan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2008, 11:35 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Hi Dan I bet you could sell your seconds and the mounts can get mounted with some washers to compensate fo the problem.
Just an Idea.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Dan
I had to scrap all my mounts due to a bolt hole issue.
I will make the design just a little wider and run another batch of them next week. sorry.
Dan
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jan 19, 2008, 01:49 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Hi Dan I bet you could sell your seconds and the mounts can get mounted with some washers to compensate fo the problem.
Just an Idea.
ck
I suppose I could do that but its not something I would like to make a habit of doing.
let me take a look at them and see how many i could salvage.
Dan
Old Jan 19, 2008, 01:56 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
ok looks like eight of them are usable but not perfect.
the bolt holes are too close to the edge but still usable.
Dan
Old Jan 19, 2008, 03:53 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
ok looks like eight of them are usable but not perfect.
the bolt holes are too close to the edge but still usable.
Dan
were the holes simular to the wons that Adam has.. I was just seting one of theose up it works greeat with the washer whick i always use on the mpi mounts anyways..

Wider would be better for sure..

Question.. Is the bore 8mm i was wondering cuz the other motors i have that may or may not be 8mm would not slip in with out honeing the hole out with some emey cloth.. I have tried my MD so i may made it a slopy fit for that..

But i have 2 so i only messed with one for now
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Jan 19, 2008, 04:23 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
were the holes simular to the wons that Adam has.. I was just seting one of theose up it works greeat with the washer whick i always use on the mpi mounts anyways..

Wider would be better for sure..

Question.. Is the bore 8mm i was wondering cuz the other motors i have that may or may not be 8mm would not slip in with out honeing the hole out with some emey cloth.. I have tried my MD so i may made it a slopy fit for that..

But i have 2 so i only messed with one for now
yea the mounts are just like Adam has.
the hole is 8mm and I may hold closer tolerances than other brands so yes its possible that other brands may be tight.
Dan
Old Jan 19, 2008, 04:41 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
I'm interested in one or two of these mounts. How can I get them.

Tony
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65
Old Jan 19, 2008, 04:42 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
yea the mounts are just like Adam has.
the hole is 8mm and I may hold closer tolerances than other brands so yes its possible that other brands may be tight.
Dan
That is cool... I like the mounts very nice even the way they are...

I would agree the others may not be close to the 8mm i am talking about the cheapy motors.. and the komodo tube mount I probly will turn those down to match the mount.

I know this is been a lot of work and it looks great the way it is so im sure it will get better.

will we be able to get one more part turned out to make the monts full universal..

It would be a round plate with a 8mm nipple so that out runners without tube mounts like the double komodo I can provide a plastic example if you could be coned into do that too.. It shoul be very simple to make VS the plate mount
Old Jan 19, 2008, 05:09 PM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Ordered my mount today. I'm fully committed to using the MicroDAN 2505 "Speed" 2800Kv motor for my Ritewing Sportster 36. Most likely 4s and 5 x 5 prop. So I think I'm officially a Ritewing Junkie now that I haven't even finished my Mini Demon and buying components for my next Ritewing
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Jan 19, 2008, 06:47 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
we have our own machine shop including CNC equipment so just send me a drawing or picture or sketch on a napkin and I will get you a quote.
Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
That is cool... I like the mounts very nice even the way they are...

I would agree the others may not be close to the 8mm i am talking about the cheapy motors.. and the komodo tube mount I probly will turn those down to match the mount.

I know this is been a lot of work and it looks great the way it is so im sure it will get better.

will we be able to get one more part turned out to make the monts full universal..

It would be a round plate with a 8mm nipple so that out runners without tube mounts like the double komodo I can provide a plastic example if you could be coned into do that too.. It shoul be very simple to make VS the plate mount
Old Jan 19, 2008, 08:53 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
we have our own machine shop including CNC equipment so just send me a drawing or picture or sketch on a napkin and I will get you a quote.
Dan
That explains the nice work.. always good to have control over the project..
Old Jan 20, 2008, 02:39 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger
Here are the over all shots.........Now I gotta go put a skid on it and dial the cg. It's all programed
So Terry..... I heard a rumor that you maidened this sucker today....

Fill us in!!!! Whats the AUW? How fast was it? How did it track! How does it compare to its heavier brothers? Does it float well? Hows the slow speed? Hows the vertical performance? What do you think about the micro dan? Were the color choices easy to see? Whats the throws? Did the 2-56 pushrods do ok? Are you going to try a 6x5.5 next? Did I ask enough questions?

Adam
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Jan 20, 2008, 03:06 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025

Fill us in!!!! Whats the AUW? How fast was it? How did it track! How does it compare to its heavier brothers? Does it float well? Hows the slow speed? Hows the vertical performance? What do you think about the micro dan? Were the color choices easy to see? Whats the throws? Did the 2-56 pushrods do ok? Are you going to try a 6x5.5 next? Did I ask enough questions?

Adam
You sound like my kids when they come home...

AEF Baby... I hear that he took his pylon plane over 200 today...
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:28 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025

Fill us in!!!! Whats the AUW? 28.9 oz How fast was it? radared 80mph on a speed run How did it track! Like you would expect from a RiteWing How does it compare to its heavier brothers? It felt liberated from weight on many maneuvers, Salmons took some effort to keep from climbing, loops tighter, I like to do some high speed tight turns, and I think the heavier brother stay in a little better. Does it float well? YES!! The first landing was so floaty, I did an effortless hand catch. Hows the slow speed? Real good. I did get it to stall, because we really tried, but not the heavy death spiral, just a happy little break. Hows the vertical performance? I didn't really go straight up, but felt vert was no issue What do you think about the micro dan? VERY IMPRESSESED, it's a real keeper. A little harder to adjust thrust angle than the others, you hate to grab the motor and the mount is rock solid. Were the color choices easy to see? It's a beautiful bird......but frankly, I did loose top and bottom orientation a couple of times at a distance because both top and bottom are both yellow and blue. Whats the throws? Dual rates nice, 1/8 inch throws low.......1/4 inch on high, used them both!! Did the 2-56 pushrods do ok? No problem. Are you going to try a 6x5.5 next? No, I'm real happy with the 6 X4 I like the torque, 80 is VERY fun for a bird like this, why stress the lite frame??? Did I ask enough questions? No This is a real fun bird that is simple. It's nice to have a plane with the Ritewing pedigree and only have to use a 3s 2200 batt. The electonics are simple and the bays look naked! Adam
Gotta go fly.........it's been kinda nice having the wife out of town this weekend, but I'll be glad when she's back
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:37 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
28.9oz auw Adam, you da man!

Tony
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65