Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:16 PM
1400 watt RW Zephyr
Taranaki New Zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram View Post
HAHAHA! I win!
Yup - aparently RCG cant embed untill the vids a day old, its some API, cross mojoination or something...........
matwelli is offline Find More Posts by matwelli
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2010, 02:00 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Thanks again Chris. #131 is up~
http://allthingsthatfly.com/
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Mar 01, 2010, 09:36 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
The 800's are 8 amps constant, I can make the rx pax from any of these.
I am currently using the 800's
1200's are 18 amp
1250's are 21 amp
2200's are 34 amp
3000's are 60 amp
I'd like to get one of the 800's and one of the 2200's.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Mar 01, 2010, 09:51 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matwelli View Post
Yup - aparently RCG cant embed untill the vids a day old, its some API, cross mojoination or something...........
Just admit it.. I have the touch..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Mar 01, 2010, 10:07 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Does anyone on here have experience replacing a shaft on an ARC 28-47-2 motor? Smacked mine up on a failed launch this weekend
Old Mar 01, 2010, 10:52 AM
1400 watt RW Zephyr
Taranaki New Zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,336 Posts
Quote:
yea, ok, YOU DA MAN TRAM !
matwelli is offline Find More Posts by matwelli
Old Mar 01, 2010, 11:05 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,424 Posts
Quote:
I felt it. *slap*

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Mar 01, 2010, 11:11 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,305 Posts
Tough crowd..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Mar 01, 2010, 12:01 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Does anyone on here have experience replacing a shaft on an ARC 28-47-2 motor? Smacked mine up on a failed launch this weekend
The shaft on inrunners is pretty integral to the magnet/rotor assembly. There is no replacing the shaft without a new rotor.

You can contact Dave at LightflightRC.com in their "contact us" link and ask about a replacement motor under their half price replacement practice. That's about the best repair you can do unless you feel like scratch building a new rotor, which can be done, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone!
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Mar 01, 2010, 01:16 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdnunoc View Post
The shaft on inrunners is pretty integral to the magnet/rotor assembly. There is no replacing the shaft without a new rotor.
I disagree. Replacing the shaft on an inrunner is doable provided you have the right tools. It involves pressing out the old shaft and reinstalling a new one with green loctite. It isn't easy and my time and the hassle is worth more than the cost of a replacement.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Mar 01, 2010, 01:35 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Really?!

I've had two 28x58 motors, one ARC and the other a Medusa, with bent shafts. Tried heating to the point I was worried about the magnets and then pressing/smacking till the shafts bent. No luck. A long 4 pole motor has a lot of gluing surface for the shaft-rotor core joint. Maybe the standard 480 size is just at the point where it can be done.

I did wind up successfully scratch-building rotors for both motors, but it sure was a pain.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Mar 01, 2010, 02:04 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Thanks guys for the advice. I'll see if I can straighten it out some chucking it up in a drill press (I saw some were successful doing this). If that doesn't work then the 1/2 price replacement will be the way to go... if I get a response.
Old Mar 01, 2010, 05:28 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,789 Posts
No prob the 800 2s pack is 23.00
The 2200's are 22.00 per cell and 45.00 if you want them made into a pack , or do you need loose cells?
Lemme know via pm.

ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
I'd like to get one of the 800's and one of the 2200's.
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Mar 02, 2010, 02:39 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
So I finally took my night flier IYF44 out at nite. I had three flights on it during the day so I was comfortable to take it out at night.

I originally ran the 8040 and it could not handle the rpms of the microdan so I had to stay under half throttle. I swapped to a 7x5E, which was a big mistake.

So I threw it up and started giggling like a schoolgirl. She looked beautiful!!! IMHO it was easier to see then any plane I have ever flown in the sunlight. Orientation was no issue even at great distance.

I could not manage to pull back the left stick! I tried but it had great thrust and power so I was whipping it!

I never intended this bird to move this fast...........

bout two mins into the flight I take it up high, I put it into a spin to bring it back down, couple spins and I see the top and let off the roll to do a dive towards the camera, you can here prop winding out and picking up rpms........

Then that sound that you never forget, flit,flit,flit flit, FLAP!!!!! It was amazing, lights went out ans I could see the body floating suspiciously slow down to earth, I start to give chase as its still going down. bout a hundred yard dash and I almost get to it as its coming to rest, in between two levees thats for water runoff....There was water in it!!!!! My plane came to rest aside the levee mere feet from water that has more bacteria then Courtney Loves "Hole".

I scream out "It missed the Water!!!!" picked it up to inspect the damage in the dark and it was tore down the middle. No biggie its just foam........Then I notice the motor is gone(including mount) So I look inside and the powersystem is stripped clean!!!! Only thing left was my receiver and BEC

Still ecstatic from one of the most exciting flights I have had in at least a year, I write off the stuff as a loss and start planning my next nite flier. Eric says he has a flashlite and says lets take a look.

I also had Josh's Niteflier that I was show and telling so I powered up the lights and started off down the water ditch lighting it up with Joshs wing ,LOL! Eric took the high road with his mag and the hunt was on. still about 50-100' from the touchdown I am already searching....

My god there's my thunderpower 910 3s that runs my radio and lights!!! What are the odds. So I mark the find and look in the immediate area for the rest..... Nothing in a 10' circle

Erics up on the levee which has a beaten path. Either side of the path had foot tall grass.... The path itself had short grass. As he lit the trail to see he came up to where the TP was found and sitting parallel to the path, almost centered was a foot long string of wire, esc, and motor.

I lost an old tired 18c 2100 2s but thats a meazily sacrifice to the aerogods compared to a MD2505 and cc 36.

Heres the great news!!! Its on video!!!! The flap can be clearly seen and heard in the vid!!!! You can almost see the wingtips touch just as the lights go out! Stay tuned.....

So what went wrong........

If ya'all recall I used a tiny little 1/8" carbon rod for a spar that was bowed.... Ummmmm yea dont use anything that small
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Mar 02, 2010, 03:02 AM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
That was sooo cool I can now see exactly why people are interested in the "night fliers"

I will try to get the video up in the next day or so. It won't be as good as being there in person, but I think we got some good footage. I should have kept the video running during the search to show just how lucky Adam was to get the gear back.
fishRfly is offline Find More Posts by fishRfly