to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2010, 04:47 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
@fishRfly

If i was not mistaken there was one flying the circuit in reverse

Actually i like the clock wise patern... I only fly Counter clock wise when im with you...

"Real Ritewingers do it both ways...."
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvi View Post
"real ritewingers do it both ways...."
lol
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:44 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi View Post
@fishRfly

Actually i like the clock wise patern... I only fly Counter clock wise when im with you...

Alright, I guess I'll ask the question: Paul, are you a REAL ritewinger?
hawkz is online now Find More Posts by hawkz
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
Quote:
@fishRfly

We need clarification from the "down-unders'" but my theory is that the flier going against the grain was really a yank

Do we need to do a background check on PaulVi to see where he really comes from?
fishRfly is offline Find More Posts by fishRfly
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:50 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
I'm so rightwing

I have a picture or Ronald Reagan over my night stand right next to my hand gun and i believe we have border for a reason..

Yes I Am Ritewing...

I was born in Oakland California in the Oakland Hospital on the 4th floor in room 4.. I was the 4th boy born that day.
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:21 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
I'm so rightwing

I was born in Oakland California in the Oakland Hospital on the 4th floor in room 4.. I was the 4th boy born that day.
My boys birth certificate says 4:44 pm as time of birth! Ever since then I seem to notice that time to often...

Seriously, watching that video made me smile, I miss that sound.........

Matt and Jacko, we like to "swarm" Basically we all match speeds with the slowest guy and try to fly in a pack. Really an amazing experience when done properly.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:58 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,337 Posts
Quote:
That was me! Flying in climbing/diving figure 8 just for the joy of flying into on coming traffic!
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:00 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Well, I had kinda put the Dlite on the shelf for the winter, and also since my DX7 bounced off the asphalt this fall and had been acting funky, I decided not to fly anything large and fast till I got my Hitec Aurora 9 in. Weather has sucked, so the A9 has sat here for almost 2 months with very little use till this weekend. Weatherman promised us a nice weekend and he delivered! So, I dropped a 7ch RX into my Dlite and got it all ready to roll. From what I have been reading the A9 has pretty solid connection and no reports of brownouts or signal losses to date.

Went to our local field where we have had 2.4 issues and took my gliders over all the usual areas where we lose signal lock with our models. Not a single blip, rock solid and steady. So after most of the day spent doing my impersonation of 3D flying and some gliding, I pulled the trusty old Dlite out of the trailer and stuck the 2 2S 5K packs in her and the RX pack and fired her up. I was amazed that the servos centered exactly the same with the new RX installed. Got the rates down where I thought they needed to be and did the pre-flight. Lots of new folks at the field and a few of them buzzing around with the new Habu Jets from Parkzone. Many oooohs and aaaaahs about how fast the Habus were flying.

Two DLG flyers were just standing in the center of the field chatting. I yelled at them twice with no response. So I kicked WOT on the throttle and they both snapped their heads around I knew that would grab their attention. Told them heads up and they kinda of ignored me so I said ok your choice. Took one last look over everything and put the death grip on the TX and the nose of the Dlite.

Took my typical CK taught hop and chunked her WOT. I was a bit rusty since I haven't tossed one in the air in a while. A little low, but she pulled rite up and climbed out nice. Was amazed, I pretty much nailed the trim out of the gate. 2 clicks of right aileron and 1 or 2 clicks up and it was like riding that bicycle after a few years You never forget how I guess.

The rates were just a bit high, and CK will be happy to know there was ZERO expo on the sticks. I need to turn the rates down just a touch more and see if I can finally fly a ritewing with zero expo. This was a fairly short flight just to get her dialed in, and that didn't take long and I started doing fast dives and low passes. After a few laps and sweaty palms, I decided to bring her in. Touchdown was nice, a little rusty so it wasn't as close as I like. I did notice the guys in the center of the field never took their eyes off the wing the entire time and moved off the field the second I landed.

Later in the day a few more people showed up and two of them tossed up Habus. I had packs ready so I setup quickly and went Habu hunting. It was awesome going into a turn as they were leaving it approaching the flight line. By the time they were almost in front of us I would blow past them and be halfway through the next turn before they would enter the same turn . When I landed that time about 4 guys came over all wide eyed and wanting to know the usual stuff. CK you should have a few customers in the near future bro.

Once I get the rates set just rite, the A9 is going to finally make me confident with my Dlite. I always had that worry in the back of my head after losing the TL 60, but I think I am good to go now. Cautious, but not out of fear.

Awesome stuff as always. Got my adrenaline rush on for the week!!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Last edited by Diggs; Feb 22, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:19 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,305 Posts
Sweet! I finally got my Demon out to Adam.. Hopefully she'll be in time for SEFF..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:00 AM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
Awesome stuff as always. Got my adrenaline rush on for the week!!

Diggs
Diggs,
Very cool saga, Thanks. looking fwd to hear the audio version on ATTF.. I'm inspired to dust mine off again too.. JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:26 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Jim during your venture the IYF44 did not exist, this one has your name written on it. Mine slopes awesome, I just leave the prop on and it glides great. Much tamer then demons and tl's. Check youtube for vids if you have not seen them.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:38 AM
USA, MI, Zeeland
Joined Sep 2006
352 Posts
I flew my 48" lighting this weekend in the snow. First time flying since November. Ritewings are such a blast to fly. Starting to fly using the pinch method instead of thumbs only. Took a little to get used to but I believe it will be a good change. Will a dlite fly much faster than a 48" lighting using a 4s5000mah setup with and ARC 28 47 2? I would power the demon with 4s5000, ARC 28 47 1.5
Diesel 48 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel 48
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:11 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,422 Posts
Diesel48 looks much too "clean" to be a RW Slacker.
Lose the suit & tie, bro. They're illegal in the RiteWing Nation.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:29 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel 48 View Post
I flew my 48" lighting this weekend in the snow. First time flying since November. Ritewings are such a blast to fly. Starting to fly using the pinch method instead of thumbs only. Took a little to get used to but I believe it will be a good change. Will a dlite fly much faster than a 48" lighting using a 4s5000mah setup with and ARC 28 47 2? I would power the demon with 4s5000, ARC 28 47 1.5
I would reckon a good 30-50mph faster....