HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2007, 01:52 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Progress looks awesome. Keep em' coming!
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Dec 30, 2007, 02:17 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
He bro ,Cut the spars out of the way with a dremmel on the 5s confg I suggested ,Then make a small pocket way up front for that 5th cell to slip into, So all the cells can moove forward more.
If you dont ,you will be adding tons of weight to atain cg I think
Ck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
Just looking back through Atom's TL50 build again. Very nice job showing every detail of a Ritewing build. Since Atom, Paul, Chuck and others have done so well in showing the Rite way to build, I'm just going to focus on laying out the A123 Demon. I hold you all responsible for my madness
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Dec 30, 2007, 02:02 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Hey bro hot glue works great too to glue stuff down.You are doing a great job
When you get a chance give me a call again I will give you a hand with strengthning thos weak areas.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
Thanks Chris, I was concerned about the strength of the nose but with the coro and glass, it will be fine. I reconfigured the battery bay and it looks much better this way.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 02:05 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
I'm going to rebuild all my A123 pack for this setup and I'll have 4 5cell packs to abuse in this Demon. These packs weigh 14.5oz That is about what I need to balance my TL's so I may not need any lead, sweet.
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65
Old Dec 30, 2007, 03:07 PM
Hemet, California
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Mar 2005
1,441 Posts
I've used in on both my epp slofly 3D plane and my WW and it matches the foam in color perfectly...also great for repairing any holes in the foam as it is very lite weight, and it expands within the foam so the area is actually stronger...can also be cut with a razor blade and is very light weight! I got a few .75 oz pens are Wall Mart in the craft area.

White Gorilla Glue! Has anyone here tried the quick cure "white" gorilla glue?

Ken
kctrading is offline Find More Posts by kctrading
Old Dec 30, 2007, 03:29 PM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
i use no lead in my 50 with 5sa123's. my pack is configured like this --> IIIII
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Dec 30, 2007, 04:45 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kctrading

White Gorilla Glue! Has anyone here tried the quick cure "white" gorilla glue?

Ken
Ya i have switched to both the white gorilla and the sumo glue it is faster setting and foams denser

I like it much better
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Dec 30, 2007, 04:56 PM
wasaga beach ont canada
Joined Jan 2004
359 Posts
wingman, perfect timing ! your build will save me alot of aggravation. i just got all the pieces together to start my demon 40. it,s getting a het 4w, phoenix 60 & a123s. i was hoping to run 4s & keep the ft spars intact... what motor/prop are you running? maybe i should bench test before i commit to 4 or 5 cells. any input? thanks ...rob m
rmorhan is offline Find More Posts by rmorhan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2007, 05:16 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Rob if you run 4s run the lightflight long can 1.5 turn motor it will rip ,5s will be fast with the mega4 a bit slower on 4s it will be than the lite flight motor.It just depends on how fast you want to go.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorhan
wingman, perfect timing ! your build will save me alot of aggravation. i just got all the pieces together to start my demon 40. it,s getting a het 4w, phoenix 60 & a123s. i was hoping to run 4s & keep the ft spars intact... what motor/prop are you running? maybe i should bench test before i commit to 4 or 5 cells. any input? thanks ...rob m
Old Dec 30, 2007, 05:32 PM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Wooo-hoooo.... more Ritewing addicts.

Looks like everyone is doing top notch work! Keep up the great work guys. The payback is going to be very rewarding!
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Dec 30, 2007, 06:57 PM
wasaga beach ont canada
Joined Jan 2004
359 Posts
ck, thanks for the input. my go fast toys include a couple slimejett powered diamond dusts, turbine 5 jet, 750 w sniper ect so i,m definetly looking for " not for girls" status on the demon. on 4s a123 the het drew a wimpy 27a & 320 w on a 6x4e so for a laugh i threw on an old wood 6x10 pylon prop & the setup now pulls 47 amps at 503 w . not sure the het can stand that for long as my custom motor mount (rt hand) detected a slight bit of heat.i,ll put the ir gun on it to get a real temp reading when i mount it a little better. i,ll make up a 5s pack if needed but do ya think the 4s setup on a 6x5 or 6x6 will get me 120mph??all advice appreciated...thanks..rob m
rmorhan is offline Find More Posts by rmorhan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:05 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Sweet, a new fast guy friend.

Rob I think turnin up the rpms on the demon works better than pitchin up the props.I have found when pitchin the props up usually causes torque issues.I think 4 or 5s on the a123 would be faster on the liteflight 1.5 than on the mega 4.The demon will ballance better with 5cells anyways.
I have ben runnin the lightflight 1.5 long can motor ,and for a 4 0r 5s setup you cant go wrong for the price
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorhan
ck, thanks for the input. my go fast toys include a couple slimejett powered diamond dusts, turbine 5 jet, 750 w sniper ect so i,m definetly looking for " not for girls" status on the demon. on 4s a123 the het drew a wimpy 27a & 320 w on a 6x4e so for a laugh i threw on an old wood 6x10 pylon prop & the setup now pulls 47 amps at 503 w . not sure the het can stand that for long as my custom motor mount (rt hand) detected a slight bit of heat.i,ll put the ir gun on it to get a real temp reading when i mount it a little better. i,ll make up a 5s pack if needed but do ya think the 4s setup on a 6x5 or 6x6 will get me 120mph??all advice appreciated...thanks..rob m
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:26 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Mini Demon II template

Paul made my drawing in Pdf format so I can share with the group. This is my layout for running a 20mm inrunner and a 1320 3s pack. I am flying mine at 6 3/8" from the ti so the CG is 6-6.5" depending on preference. It should balance with little to no lead and have an AUW of 13-15oz.

I also posted this in post#1 to make it easy to find.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025