HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2007, 04:07 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Speaking of Eyes had that lasic surgury and well if it say's anything at all about it.. I took my air foilz up to 2635 feet mesured with the how high device..

I started at 1200 then 1700 then i figured i could get a tad higher than the 2600+ feet.. Next time out im shooting for 3000 feet

By the way this was with a 6ch GWS reciver.. Of cource i forgot that point when i was charging for the sky..

My buddies that i fly with half could not see it at all and i was still able to roll it over and fly inverted a bit.. only thing is it is hard to tell if your climbing of decending when it is that far away..

Dario your my son's age.
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2007, 09:20 AM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Merry Christmas to all you slackers! And, happy birthday Adam. I read a heck of a lot more than I post, but I'm always here with you bros. I'm getting up there too, at 48. I had to laugh at you Diggs, with your controlled substances comment. I'm rite there with you, as I was always part of the needmore family!

I took my son out flying yesterday. He helped me with the maiden on the twin 4s Demon. WOW, that thing is a beast.
It eats up the sky so quickly, that my knees were knocking. It's awesome to watch, and such a blast to fly. As I bring the wing past center field and slam it to WOT, you can easily see the burst of acceleration, much more than any other wing I have (haven't had the nerve to put the 7s up yet) . And, the sound she makes is just icing on the cake!

I don't know how you do it CK. When I watch you fly your 6s twin,you make it look so easy. I'm looking forward to flying it at AEF next month.

Paul, it sounds like Lasik really worked out for you bro. I was always afraid of letting somebody at my eyes with a laser. Could you have flown that high before surgery with just your glasses? Congrats on your first grandchild!
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Last edited by joekoz; Dec 26, 2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 12:40 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Byrne
I've never built a wing, or even an electric. Can you link me to a motor that would work well? Chris reccomended the razor 400 from flydma.com but its not listed on the site (i have an email into them about it).
IMHO the Razor is a little hot for this wing. It draws to many amps to be reasonable and will make for a short flight. Granted it'll be the fastest of the 20mm but at the cost of amps which will require larger batts and there is not much room for batts.

I recommend the ARC 20mm 110. http://www.lightflightrc.com/

I can send you the exact layout for this motor and setup. As well as cut you a mount plate for this motor.

BTW I am 26

Merry Christmas Slackers!!!
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Dec 25, 2007, 04:24 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekoz
Paul, it sounds lite Lasik really worked out for you bro. I was always afraid of letting somebody at my eyes with a laser. Could you have flown that high before surgery with just your glasses? Congrats on your first grandchild!
Heck i was lucky to see it at 1000 feet before with glasses and i dont have trifocals anymore..

I still need reading glasses for the upclose stuff but that is a small price to pay
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:48 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Geeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!

I was sitting in my shop doing a little soldering and charging a few Lipo batts when BOOM There was a major blinding flash and a huge fire and the room was filled with smoke instantly!!! Fortunately I had the batts in a frying pan. Usually, if there is a questionable batt, I have a ceramic jar designed for fire, but this time, I had no clue!! These pics were taken like 2 minutes after the fact!!! I am very blessed. I was about 4 feet away from the explosion. I feel a little torched feeling around my eyes right now. I will fly tomorrow, THESE ARE NOT TOYS!!!! I had no clue this would happen.............Be careful!!!!
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:44 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Wow Terry! Talk about dodging a bullit!

Could have been one heck of a Christmas disaster.

Do me a favor bro, actually this is a demand and you must obey! Buy yourself a couple liposacks. Get the real deal and not these generic ones on the market! Please!!!!

Glad everything is safe, eyebrows grow back!

Adam
http://rclipos.com/LipoSack.htm
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:51 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
I have been there and feel what your saying.. Have you identified the root cause..

Mine was not setting the charger back to 3s after charging a 4s pack.. Over voltage..

Pop Pop Pop from the other room... tossed the pack in the backyard and it burst into flames....

these are not toys....
Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:54 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025

Do me a favor bro, actually this is a demand and you must obey! Buy yourself a couple liposacks.
You know, seems like I'm chargin' about 6 packs a day..........or is that drinkin' them.........any way, nothin' ever seems to happen and I got a little lax.......I have the sack and a batt never leaves my house unless it's in a Certified MW Lipo Sack or in another fire proof thinger I use!! The sack would have reduced the flash!! Lessoned learned............now get back to work on my birds..............you slacker!! ( you're doing fine )
Old Dec 26, 2007, 01:03 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
I have been there and feel what your saying.. Have you identified the root cause..
Oh yes definitley.......uh..........well.............I guess not really
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:06 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Ouch that will put a kink in your pocket book.. How many packs is that
Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:14 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
Ouch that will put a kink in your pocket book.. How many packs is that
It's really hard to tell........I think it was 3, but I counted 5. Things were so melted together and others puffed up. I had at least a couple of Jst to Deans adapters in there too. Wasn't a big $ loss, these were some older packs I use to check prop direction and fire up control surfaces............Real Scary........I will be more careful!!
Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:32 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Ya i changed my charging ways after my miss hap... I heard those 3 pops from the other room and i knew just what it was jumped up and ran to the bakyard with it.. turned around to go back in and then the flames tsrted.. Thank good i was fast..

And yes i was charging in the lipo sack.... So it would have helped... I just wont go in the other room anymore.. also i have a note DID YOU CHECK THE CELL COUNT taped in the room in about 3 places to remind me fire do happen..

Just glad every thing worked out for you and it was not worse..
Old Dec 26, 2007, 07:36 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Dude you are verry lucky,when you charge bombs with other bombs that is verry scarry, it could have ben way worse bud.
Try a 2.00 cinder block with a few 1.00 caps for it, set it on one cap and use the other for the lid.109's are verry scarry,I still have one but I babysit the hell out of it.
Last week i stuck a 6s 5k pack on my 109 and it recognized the wrong cell count.I caught it just before the bats exploded.It had only run for 7 mins and it killed the cells,it did this even with the new upgraded chip too.
I am anal and it still almost got me.I am thinkin of getn a new charger.
FFFF' the 109 fire starters.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger
It's really hard to tell........I think it was 3, but I counted 5. Things were so melted together and others puffed up. I had at least a couple of Jst to Deans adapters in there too. Wasn't a big $ loss, these were some older packs I use to check prop direction and fire up control surfaces............Real Scary........I will be more careful!!
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Last edited by klique; Dec 26, 2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 07:41 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
Charger is cookin' again

Hey Charger, what ya got cookin' there?
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65
Old Dec 26, 2007, 07:55 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
Sorry Charger, it's really not a joking matter. Your lucky.
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65