HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2007, 09:17 PM
Joined Nov 2007
20 Posts
Cool, thanks guys, I'll go with CK's idea. I havn't coro'd the bottom yet.
aaron07 is offline Find More Posts by aaron07
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,766 Posts
It will work great.This is why I always say it is a good idea to have all the gear prior.
You will be fine now though,take your time w it.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron07
Cool, thanks guys, I'll go with CK's idea. I havn't coro'd the bottom yet.
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:11 AM
Joined Nov 2007
20 Posts
I'm going away for a week, so it will be on my priority list when I get back. I'll post some pics with the coro mods.

I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends and colleagues, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone or running the risk of breaching some rule or regulation. So I met with a Compliance guru, and on her advice I wish to advise the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted Gregorian calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:24 AM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,422 Posts
Kinda sad when we are supposed to be so politically and gender correct these days.
To heck with that....Let's get back to basics... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Dec 20, 2007, 02:17 AM
Joined Nov 2007
20 Posts
I reakon! Merry Christmas Folks!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 09:05 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
Man, these are getting to be complicated times. Those greetings read like the "holiday" cards they give out at my kids school at the "winter celebration" before the winter break.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65
Old Dec 22, 2007, 08:38 PM
Crash Test Dummy
United States, ME, Mapleton
Joined May 2005
895 Posts
Winglets

Just wondering how you guys attach your winglets to your Ritewings. In all my previous builds I've epoxied the winglets. This method is good most of the time, but if you mount your winglets so that they extend below the bottom of the wing for better turn authority they can get ripped off with a hard landing.

I've toyed with the idea of using those nylon bolts and threaded bolts that the slimers use to attach their wings as an alternative to epoxy. This would also give me the ability to store and transport my birds using a compound bow case always seem to be on sale right after hunting season. I've seen this done before in other threads and would prevent agains transport damage.

Was wondering if you guys thought that was a good or bad idea?
e2346437 is offline Find More Posts by e2346437
Old Dec 22, 2007, 09:28 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
I have my TL50 set up that way used the inner rod of the nyrod control rods and, inserted two and then used sheet metal screes to hold them on.. No problems with that setup and they are transportable..

I normally swipe a light coat of goop on the wing tip to act as a cushion or gasket to keep them from scooting around
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Dec 22, 2007, 09:44 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
I embedded nylon standoffs in the wing tip and used nylon 6-32 screws to attach. 3 per winglet. Seemed to work great but I have not seen what happens on a hard landing or wreck.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Dec 24, 2007, 06:02 AM
Purples a fruit
Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,279 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Dec 24, 2007, 02:52 PM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Adam!!! Thanks so much for all of your time invested in the hobby that we all love.

-Eric
fishRfly is offline Find More Posts by fishRfly
Old Dec 24, 2007, 03:55 PM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,422 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM !!!!

Thanks for all your help this past year.

Rod
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Dec 24, 2007, 09:10 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Happy BDay Bro! And Merry Christmas all!!!!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:45 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Thanks slackers!
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Dec 24, 2007, 11:11 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca