HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:22 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Call me before you build the fs 48 buddy,I have a few ideas.
ck
You got it...

I hope to start this week... but i have a patio roof to put up before i can start (Rain and all) ... My boss is being a dill weed again 3 days since i have been back to work and 3 days he has been busting my chops because I wont do thing his way because he is wrong... Im probly working on a written warning but this small man ex cop supervisor needs to have a rectalotomy and have his head removed from the dark place...
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:59 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,791 Posts
U crazy dude
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Oct 19, 2007, 07:10 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
I made a cut on the vert fin, and cut an 1/8" groove top and bottom for it to slide into and then glued. Similiar to how the micro jet or projeti fins attach.

Where do you send the Hets for repair???
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Oct 19, 2007, 07:35 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
I made a cut on the vert fin, and cut an 1/8" groove top and bottom for it to slide into and then glued. Similiar to how the micro jet or projeti fins attach.

Where do you send the Hets for repair???
I sent it directly to HET.. Went to thier web site and used the contact form to do the lead in question...

If it shows up by next week i will be happy still cheaper than my MEGA repair and they have been faster to respond as well

I will keep you posted as to how long it took full turnaround so far it has been 2 weeks since i sent it in and i just paid them on monday so i figure another week to get it back to me would be a great deal..

http://www.highendrc.com/index_topic...14&didpath=/14
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:52 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Coverite fabric, antique white.

So I am sure ya all have been following Ck's builds and notice he keeps raving about the coverite fabric.

Well I had to see for myself and alls I have to say is wow. This stuff is awesome. It feels really neat. Goes down super smooth, absolutely no wrinkles, sticks very good, I couldn't pull it back off. The best part is, it adds strength and stiffness to the wing. Noticeable strength. It is also much tougher then moneykote.

So give it a shot on your next build.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 12:16 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,791 Posts
Atom Like we talked today about using a good coat of super 90 ,let it dry completely then try the coverite,We might be able to skip glassing on the smaller stuff it it works good.I am gona do a sample piece of epp tonight.
cool
ck
Old Oct 25, 2007, 05:37 AM
wasaga beach ont canada
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
i can,t find an auw on the demon 40, anyone help there? would a mega 16/15/3 or het 3w be enough power to get this wing to decent speeds? which is best for this application? i want to run 3 then 4s, any prop suggestions? all input appreciated...thanks ..rob m
rmorhan is online now Find More Posts by rmorhan
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:32 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
The AUW can be from 30 oz- 50z depending on how you built it.

The 16-15-3 is fine. Run a 5.5x4.5 and your set. Don't run the 3t on 4s, its to hot.

The best all around setup is the 4t het or mega and 4s running a 6x4.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:49 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorhan
i can,t find an auw on the demon 40, anyone help there? would a mega 16/15/3 or het 3w be enough power to get this wing to decent speeds? which is best for this application? i want to run 3 then 4s, any prop suggestions? all input appreciated...thanks ..rob m
I think if you're going to run that set up, you need to keep the build on the extreme lite side. I built one pretty solid and wound up being on the heavier side. I tried Mega 16/15/3's and 16/15/4's and had a hard time launching. When I went to 6s 16/25/3.........that was the sweet spot. The one Chris just built me runs on that same power train and feel great too.
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:52 PM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
this is the midi spanker/mini demon 25".

this is one of the first cuts and needed weight to balance. so. i cut in the lspj motor with a tube mount till it balanced about 1" ahead of of the cg 4 5/8".

i cut the battery area where the battery was. it didnt fit. 1320 is to thick. so i made a few foam pieces and raised the lid on the front of the battery bay. it is ugly, not smooth. at that point i was frustrated and just want it to fly.

so i didnt build it good, i built it fast, i gave up on looks because of my balance problem. i didnt even cut out foam to cover the servos and make it smooth. i just put a small piece of tape over the servo so it wont be permanently attached to the glass/3m 90 but it will fly.

so this is it thus far. wing tips are about to go on. leaving them white and ugly.
i hate the gold but it looks better then i thought it would. and its on hand. i used everything i already own. cheap. ugly hopefully a good flyer. i have 5.5x4.5 props and 5x5 props. big elevons to help with the cg problem.

so if i get the wing tips and linkage done tonight i'll hopefully fly it tomorrow. and i'm going to add something in front of each black wing accent.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:52 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Hey Dario,
Looking good. I was just talking to CK and planning my midi spanker/mini demon 25". Keep us posted! What is the AUW so far?

BTW... I will have to bring the battery bars up to Sac this week and leave them with Eric for you.
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Oct 26, 2007, 01:02 AM
Purples a fruit
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
i dont have a scale. and i can only say that it looks better in the pic. the black monokote hides quite a bit.

i dont know how much weight i need. but it will need some. i have the wing tips glued on. i am tired and dont feel like getting the esc and rx in it and wired. still need to mount some horns on the elevons, make some carbon rod linkage. and mount the motor. i'm using magnets in the hatch's this time Around.

i ran up the lspj motor with a 5x5 and if all goes well it should haul a**.

i built it in mind not to use weight but it didnt happen. i have 1oz on the nose. with out the linkage and horns, and it needs more. not much though.

i am hopin' the larger elevons help me to move the cg back.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 01:14 AM
Purples a fruit
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
on a side note. i am excited, i ordered a slope 60 and slope fs 48.

hurry up and get my planes to me.

i dont feel like waiting.

" dont care how i want it nooooow" - veruca salt

Old Oct 26, 2007, 01:22 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
That would be I want in Nooow Daddy.... The mini looks great... i run the LSPP on the 33fs
Old Oct 26, 2007, 01:58 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,791 Posts
They shipped today bro.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockd
on a side note. i am excited, i ordered a slope 60 and slope fs 48.

hurry up and get my planes to me.

i dont feel like waiting.

" dont care how i want it nooooow" - veruca salt