SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:52 AM
Addicted To Glass !!!
Glamis,ca
Joined May 2008
1,094 Posts
Yep...Thats why you like me so much cause i keep crashing!!!

and how come i can finish your new FE Boat in one day and it takes you weeks to get a plane done ? and i think your new boat qualifies in the INSANELY FAST Electrics. on 7s im thinking close to 60mph .i will post some pics later ...Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Yess master,what so you can just crash it again
ck
TriTipTim is offline Find More Posts by TriTipTim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:15 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukpaul
It's on 5S A123's now That's with a Microdan 2505 speed, CC35, 6x4 sport. RTF weight is 903g or 31.85oz. MD is still cold after a flight & ESC is only slightly warm thanks to it's spoon scoop, although I suspect it's getting a good workout on 5S. It's quite rapid, even without a tailwind.

It started life on 4S A123, MD, CC35, 6x4E. This ran great (as per my previous vids of it) but I had to add 65g of stick on weights right on the nose for CG. Had many flights like this but hate dead weight so eventualy got around to adding another cell @75g & removing the lead. Wedging in another cell was not easy, but it was worth it for the added voltage & just ~10g extra in weight.

Many thanks for taking the time to do the doppler reading Paul ~125 ain't bad for a heavy 'parkflier' wing on a 34g motor, even with a tailwind. This wing isn't designed for speed after all. I'll take another vid of it on a calm, non wind assisted day. When my 10 cell Demon Fatty is finished I'll get some vids of that too...
What kinda amps are ya seeing? Very impressive for what it is, and those MD motors are nuts! Its crazy when I bring mine down after a 13min flight and its as cool as the air around it.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:19 AM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuisance

and how come i can finish your new FE Boat in one day and it takes you weeks to get a plane done ? and i think your new boat qualifies in the INSANELY FAST Electrics. on 7s im thinking close to 60mph .i will post some pics later ...Tim

Tim;

You gotta post a video of that boat in action!!

Thanks;
Rod
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:32 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
I cant wait to fly it You wouldnt be done if you had to glass it
ck
Quote:

klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:12 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:

Hey, will these pics include you swimming out to retrieve the boat after a crash?

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:46 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,418 Posts
He'll likely use the float I left him for recovery. I damn near drowned recovering a flipped float plane.
He thought it was kinda funny. Then he forced me to take a really nice RTF sloper home.

wipe.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jun 12, 2008, 02:35 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
He'll likely use the float I left him for recovery. I damn near drowned recovering a flipped float plane.
He thought it was kinda funny. Then he forced me to take a really nice RTF sloper home.

wipe.

mw

Hey Tim, when we flyin'? Oh, I forgot, you don't call when your in town anyways....
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Old Jun 12, 2008, 02:54 PM
Addicted To Glass !!!
Glamis,ca
Joined May 2008
1,094 Posts
your just slow

i almost got my rigger done with the new wire drive i thin its gunna b fast also.

im thinin bout changing your boat to a wire drive as well.

and joe next time i come to town we will go rip it up

and Mark SLACKARSE Wood you are the biggest slacker of all !!

diggs no it wont show me swimming that is saved for the nall only ........LoL.Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
I cant wait to fly it You wouldnt be done if you had to glass it
ck
TriTipTim is offline Find More Posts by TriTipTim
Last edited by TriTipTim; Jun 12, 2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:33 PM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekoz
Oh, I forgot, you don't call when your in town anyways....
GOOD one, Joe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberNuisance
and mw you are the biggest slacker of all !!
I'll take that as a compliment comin' from you considering you're sitting on yer dead at El Rio for the next coupla months!

mw
Old Jun 12, 2008, 05:14 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
GOOD one, Joe!

I'll take that as a compliment comin' from you considering you're sitting on yer dead at El Rio for the next coupla months!

mw
Thanks Mark

El Rio? San Fran?
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Old Jun 12, 2008, 05:20 PM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,418 Posts
The Colorado out Hwy 78 towards Palo Verde. Great place to hang out, fly float planes and run fast RC boats!

mw (although Tim's boats look more like fast submarines half the time)

*edit* That's Mister SlackArse to you, Noose Ants.
Last edited by Mark Wood; Jun 12, 2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: return smack
Old Jun 12, 2008, 06:21 PM
Joined Aug 2006
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
What kinda amps are ya seeing?

About 42A @ 14v 550w static.

The pack is 17.3v to start with (3.46v per cell) & is ~45A 590w for the first few seconds, settling down to ~550w once the cells settle down to ~2.8v each each under the load. This is on a cold pack. Might be a bit more on a hot pack as they are better when hot, much like a lipo. If my batt bay was larger I'd run it with a data logger but you could barely get a postage stamp in there now. It flies around fine at center stick or slightly over if your not in a hurry, which on the ground is 11A 172w 15.8v. Launches are at ~60% throttle.
ukpaul is offline Find More Posts by ukpaul
Old Jun 12, 2008, 06:42 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Thanks Paul!

Hey guys I have a 4s 4000 maxamps(2sx2 wired in series) pack that has under 50 cycles for sale. The packs have always been partners and never run separately, they have a deans on the output and a 3.5mmbullet that ties the two packs together. Never seen more then 50 amps. I will even include my homemade balance connector for it. So PM me if you are looking for a cheap 4s pack.

140x91x15mm
14oz.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Jun 15, 2008, 08:12 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
Happy Fathers Day

Happy fathers day to all you slackers out there, hope you all got to enjoy it with family or fly or both.

Tony
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65
Old Jun 15, 2008, 08:35 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Flew the FS33 this weekend for the first time. Man what a touchy little B !!. But lots of fun and very deceptive speed. Came in for what I thought was a low and slow pass and it zipped by me way faster than I expected. I did stall it once and crash it, but I wiped off the grass and checked everything, good to go. Flew out the rest of the pack. Going to take a bit of time to get the throws rite, but once she is dialed in, I think I am going to like this one a lot.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs