HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2007, 11:34 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
You know when i used to paint cars i would do a better job after a 6 pack but after a 12 pack i would get real sloppy

So the trick is to drink a six pack and then add 2 beers an hour till the job gets done with the loss in acohal in your system that would give me a 4 to 5 hour window to work in..
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2007, 11:36 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
TL 60 Night flyer!

A fellow member by the the name of Doug, AKA Diggy Diggs Saw this video, showed it to me and said he wants a TL60 that can fly at night!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728057

I am the type of person who loves to be challanged and jumped on the opportunity to build this.

I bought a TL60 from a member in the FS thread. It was to irresistable to pass so I bought it. It came with servos, het4, a Ritewing tshirt, full kit and DVDs. I mainly bought it for the het and servos. So I offered a custom built 60 to any takers.

Doug jumped on it like a fly on...... jam?

So anyways I am halfway through the build and thought I'd share pics. I won't show the usual pics since its played out. Just the cool stuff. This is with 5 of the 20 LEDs wired up. There is more wires in this bird then my chevy! LOL!

Adam
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Sep 03, 2007, 11:46 PM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
WOW.... I give props out to whoever can fly a Ritewing at night with LED's only. Unless we are talking about Punkrockds mini-demon lite. Otherwise you are a brave man or foolish man.

I would love to see this!
reefboy is offline Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Sep 03, 2007, 11:57 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
The 60 is a tame beast compared to what you are used to. Mine is the easiest to launch of all Ritwings. She'll slow to a crawl. Very smooth and tracks great. But give her the throttle and shes screaming! In the rite invironment it won't be to bad to fly at night. Just need wide open space, level, and lots of room for landing.

I'd say its more of a dusk flyer then a niteflyer.

He'll be sure to get plenty of time in before he attempts the darkness!
Old Sep 04, 2007, 06:38 AM
aka WarpedWingNut
USA, MI, Caledonia
Joined Dec 2004
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
Unfortunately the beer would keep us from getting much done
Sounds like a good build party to me

Dan
PlusRC is offline Find More Posts by PlusRC
Old Sep 04, 2007, 08:04 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
A fellow member by the the name of Doug, AKA Diggy Diggs Saw this video, showed it to me and said he wants a TL60 that can fly at night!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728057

I am the type of person who loves to be challanged and jumped on the opportunity to build this.

I bought a TL60 from a member in the FS thread. It was to irresistable to pass so I bought it. It came with servos, het4, a Ritewing tshirt, full kit and DVDs. I mainly bought it for the het and servos. So I offered a custom built 60 to any takers.

Doug jumped on it like a fly on...... jam?

So anyways I am halfway through the build and thought I'd share pics. I won't show the usual pics since its played out. Just the cool stuff. This is with 5 of the 20 LEDs wired up. There is more wires in this bird then my chevy! LOL!

Adam

Sweet! This is kinda like seeing an ultrasound of your unborn child It's looking great Atom! I know that wiring is a chore, hope it is cooperating with you. I do appreciate the work you're putting into it.

As for the night flying a ritewing, I am probably a bit on the foolish side. I haven't done much wing flying or night flying, but don't really intend on breaking this out till I have done a lot of both. I have a MASSIVE field a short walk (even shorter drive) from my house that is perfect. It is full of a peanut crop right now, but it's sandy soft dirt the rest of the year and has a big lawn from a church that backs right up to it. I park at the church and use their lawn for take offs and landings of my planes now. It should fit the bill for night flight. Also, I will probably fly this during the day before I ever take her out at night.

I also have a pair of 40 cores and a 50 core and a Twin demon that I just need to put electronics in. These will be my training/speed flyers and the 60 will be flown pretty tame. I picked the 60 since Atom says it's pretty chilled compared to all the others.

Thanks again Atom!!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Sep 04, 2007, 08:45 PM
Newport, NC
Joined Jun 2007
68 Posts
Hey DIGGS, whats up just got through flying the 40 slice with 20 feet of neon wire lights it rocks the neighborhood pretty hard the law was called . T NUNN
Pilot Tim Nunn is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Tim Nunn
Old Sep 04, 2007, 11:39 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Tim Nunn
Hey DIGGS, whats up just got through flying the 40 slice with 20 feet of neon wire lights it rocks the neighborhood pretty hard the law was called . T NUNN
HAHAHAHA, did ya talk to Johnny Law? What did they have to say
Old Sep 05, 2007, 11:53 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Niteflyer 60

One wing half lit up, the other will be a mirror image.

This thing should fly at Burningman!
Old Sep 06, 2007, 07:36 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
You are out doing yourself there man. I love the layout of the LEDs. I hope the covering kinda follows the same flow of the blue LEDs. But I am sure you will do something that looks great. Shame, this thing is going to sit around a while. I will be afraid to fly it

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Sep 06, 2007, 08:43 AM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggs
You are out doing yourself there man. I love the layout of the LEDs. I hope the covering kinda follows the same flow of the blue LEDs. But I am sure you will do something that looks great. Shame, this thing is going to sit around a while. I will be afraid to fly it

Diggs
Here's a plan Diggs. Bring it to the Arizona Electric Festival in January and let the master (CK) help you dial it in and give you some tips on flying a wing.

Rod
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Sep 06, 2007, 09:07 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Ha! I think Chris would toss it in the air and hand Diggs the TX immidiatly!

The thing about Ritewings is you have to dial them in for yourself! Everybody likes them set up a different way.

Adam
Old Sep 07, 2007, 12:35 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,564 Posts
Hey All -

My wing is just about complete. I received the medusa bec the other day and I have my thunder power 2S 480 pack. What do I do from here. How am I connecting the medusa ? What end am I soldering onto the 480 pack. Pictures and diagrams would be helpful so I don't confuse anything. I am running 6S. using a cc80.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2007, 10:16 PM
Purples a fruit
Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,279 Posts
the instructions go over it well. just make sure you dont solder on the batt connector backwards. i did that once. plug it into any open channel or use a Y.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Sep 07, 2007, 10:48 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
You have to solder a JST connector to the bare leads, the other leads should have a reciever plug.

You will prolly have to extend the battery pack leads. Run the Battery lead and the BEC lead into the battery bay through the same hole you ran the esc le\\lead into the battery bay. You plug it in before you fly and unplug it after you fly.