HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2008, 08:37 PM
Crash Test Dummy
United States, ME, Mapleton
Joined May 2005
902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
The 28-37-2.5(2800kv) was allright on the 36 Lightning, I don't think it was 120 though. Maybe 100...maybe

IMHO, the problem is its going to take more amps then your battery will allow to get it moving that quick.

A MicroDan speed on 4s and a 4.75x4.75 will get you there.

The same motor on the pack you have will get you this...Speed runs towards the end..
[/url]
Thanks Adam, and a BIG thank you for not putting overlaying music over your video. So many do that, but why would you want to cover up that purty sound?

The only problem is now I don't know if I should get the FS33 or the 36" Lightning next

Eric
e2346437 is offline Find More Posts by e2346437
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2008, 08:45 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2346437
Thanks Adam, and a BIG thank you for not putting overlaying music over your video. So many do that, but why would you want to cover up that purty sound?

The only problem is now I don't know if I should get the FS33 or the 36" Lightning next

Eric
So true!! I typically despise music overlayed on RC vids!!! GRRR I want to hear the thing fly and the motor run and what the people observing have to say. Now and then it is done right, but 90% of the time I end up hitting mute.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Apr 09, 2008, 08:58 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Go to the ritewingrc.com site and clik on apparel
ck
Man, I no longer serve any purpose around here.
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Old Apr 09, 2008, 09:05 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
Hey Joe, quit slackin' and get in here.

T
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65
Old Apr 09, 2008, 09:39 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
What's been happening my slacker bros? Long time no talk to? Seems like quite a heck of a lot.
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Old Apr 09, 2008, 09:43 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,781 Posts
You gots to get both
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2346437

Eric
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Crash Test Dummy
United States, ME, Mapleton
Joined May 2005
902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekoz
Man, I no longer serve any purpose around here.
I'm sure you could do some modeling for the new Ritewing Apparel line

Hey, we've got Ritewings and a little while ago Chris revealed a new lightweight glass cloth someone dubbed Riteweave...I'm suggesting the new apparel line be called RITEWEAR!

Eric
e2346437 is offline Find More Posts by e2346437
Last edited by e2346437; Apr 09, 2008 at 09:49 PM.
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,781 Posts
Whatup slakoz?
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekoz
What's been happening my slacker bros? Long time no talk to? Seems like quite a heck of a lot.
Old Apr 09, 2008, 10:06 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
647 Posts
Since you guys seem to like suspense, here goes:

PaulVi: The sportster you sold me did something today that you didn't tell me about before I made the purchase. I can't tell you what it is. I must get proof first...dum de dum.
hawkz is online now Find More Posts by hawkz
Old Apr 09, 2008, 10:22 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Ok Im worried now
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:32 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
647 Posts
Well, let's review what we DO know:

1. You built the plane. I'm guessing you built it light because there are sections here an there where there isn't any glass.

2. You only flew it a few times (under 5 is what you told me, I think).

3. I sucked at flying when I bought it from you. I crashed. Then I crashed again. Then I crashed REALLY REALLY hard while trying to fly it in 10mph wind. So hard that both servos stripped at once. The removeable wingtips tore off and the only reason one wasn't 10 feet away from the plane is because the antenna wire was wrapped in & out of the coroplast.

4. I almost cried and I asked you what I should do, now that the plane is all jacked up. You said I should go ahead and perform surgery to replace the servos. I did this and put in some metal gear servos. Plane is up & running again.

5. Oh yeah, that last crash also tossed the motor & esc a short distance from the plane. Yep, the 2 little screws on the custom microdan mount couldn't hold on to the 2505 motor. I've since replaced the MD with a 16/15/3 motor.

I think that pretty much summarizes the life of your little sportster...except for one more thing. You'll just have to wait for me to get the proof I need. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:42 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,781 Posts
Lets review this ,What I know is that when we talked you said you were not going to fly the sportster,remeber we didnt think you were ready for it.
You said you were goin to build the other slower ones first .
I guess you werent gona wait lol

I know sometimes it is hard to resist flying a built plane that is rite in front of you,but look at it this way you did learn,and you just got a 54 that will really help you alot.
Have fun with the 54' and keep learning it can be cheap or expensive,it is all up to you.
Just make shure you are having fun ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkz
Well, let's review what we DO know:

1. You built the plane. I'm guessing you built it light because there are sections here an there where there isn't any glass.

2. You only flew it a few times (under 5 is what you told me, I think).

3. I sucked at flying when I bought it from you. I crashed. Then I crashed again. Then I crashed REALLY REALLY hard while trying to fly it in 10mph wind. So hard that both servos stripped at once. The removeable wingtips tore off and the only reason one wasn't 10 feet away from the plane is because the antenna wire was wrapped in & out of the coroplast.

4. I almost cried and I asked you what I should do, now that the plane is all jacked up. You said I should go ahead and perform surgery to replace the servos. I did this and put in some metal gear servos. Plane is up & running again.

5. Oh yeah, that last crash also tossed the motor & esc a short distance from the plane. Yep, the 2 little screws on the custom microdan mount couldn't hold on to the 2505 motor. I've since replaced the MD with a 16/15/3 motor.

I think that pretty much summarizes the life of your little sportster...except for one more thing. You'll just have to wait for me to get the proof I need. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:42 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
647 Posts
I'm having fun, for shure. Problem, is, this is a continuous process. I think wingman's sig describes it best: Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat

You're right CK, having a built plane in front of me and having me agree not to fly it is analogous to having a ferrari, being given the keys, and told, "you're not ready for it yet."

I think I've gotten most of my learning crashes out of the way. I haven't crashed anything for a week. This is seriously a first..and it's AWESOME!

One question: Can I build the 45" and 50" slice with carbon strips instead of the carbon tubes that came with the kit? I think the glassing will ensure the plane remains stiff. I was thinking of using the A-Frame approach with the strips.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:44 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Have fun with the 54' and keep learning...
Holy Crap! That seriously will be a monster ritewing!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:51 AM
Upland, CA
Joined Mar 2007
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkz
I'm having fun, for shure. Problem, is, this is a continuous process. I think wingman's sig describes it best: Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat

You're right CK, having a built plane in front of me and having me agree not to fly it is analogous to having a ferrari, being given the keys, and told, "you're not ready for it yet."

I think I've gotten most of my learning crashes out of the way. I haven't crashed anything for a week. This is seriously a first..and it's AWESOME!

One question: Can I build the 45" and 50" slice with carbon strips instead of the carbon tubes that came with the kit? I think the glassing will ensure the plane remains stiff. I was thinking of using the A-Frame approach with the strips.
Is the fact you haven't crashed anything because you haven't had the oprotunity to crash anything? AHAH just messing with you.
swoof is online now Find More Posts by swoof