SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2008, 01:07 AM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
Man thats a freaking steal! and such a beautiful build as well.

Sorry you have to give it up
Thanks Adam, I hate to part with it. If no one buys it, I might fly it on 4s or A123s.

Tony
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2008, 07:16 AM
cant leave things stock
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Feb 2007
1,457 Posts
I have the servos in & this is what the mount looks like for the outrunner

the one I have is a speed 400 chinese heli motor
if I burn it up Ill get a GJF motor or use an inrunner
I just hope it wont be too heavy,,,,/
take care
JAK
jstoll is offline Find More Posts by jstoll
Old Apr 08, 2008, 08:45 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
I'm putting my 54" Lightning up for sale. It has JGF 500T on it and flies great. Plenty of room for tons of batt. Need batt funds so a sacrifice has to be made $225 shipped inside U.S., PM me if interested.
Shot you a PM wingman..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Apr 08, 2008, 10:03 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Yep, I sent you a PM on that wing also.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Apr 08, 2008, 10:20 AM
Joined Aug 2006
736 Posts
Lightning 36 nearly done. Just need to cover with film & stick on elevons etc. Scotch storage tape is yet another item you can't get over here. Going to have to use regular 3M clear tape. 4S A123's are quite doable in this model, but it's a bit of a squeeze. The battery bay cutout in the pic is as far forward as you can get it, due to the A123 thickness. Had to use a plywood floor as it was slightly thinner than the 2mm corro & is solid when you are sliding the batts in. Having another electronics bay behind that was going to make the CG too far back & I didn't want to be adding lead to balance if it all possible. Spent a lot of time with it on the CG machine working out as much as you can where the CG was likely to end up & decided to just have the one access lid & put all the electics in pockets cut under the outer skin. A little neater/stronger too maybe. They all slide out for maintenance. The AR6000 Rx ariels go into drinking straw tubes so you can refit it easily & not crumple up the ariel wires. Was going to use a AR6200 but it just didn't work out well. Spoon scoop fitted into a plywood plate for the CC35. Air vents out through drinking straw tubes at the back. Motor wires go through these tubes too. Wires soldered to save weight & also so the connectors don't block the airflow any. All this means the ESC, Rx & 3A UBEC are an inch or more further forward which helps out with the CG a lot. All wires cut to length to aid fitment & save weight. The 4S A123 pack ended up at 308g all in inc a Cellpro 4S pigtail for balance charging at home. Will fast charge through the deans in 8 mins at the field using a Mastech 5020/generator.

Very impressed with the Henry's/90 method. Fun to do & with all the carbon bits the wing is very solid indeed, even more so than I thought it would be. Just need my sealing iron to arrive (never had the need of one before) & I can finish it off. Going for fluorescent yellow/pink
ukpaul is online now Find More Posts by ukpaul
Old Apr 08, 2008, 10:24 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Very clean build. Good job! Keep us posted.
reefboy is offline Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Apr 08, 2008, 11:01 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
I agree, sure that is your first one? Looks real nice..
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Apr 08, 2008, 11:51 AM
Joined Aug 2006
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
I agree, sure that is your first one? Looks real nice..
Yep it's my first Ritewing, ask ck

My free Micro Lightning will be my 2nd Ritewing Plan on using A123 1100's in that one...

It looks ok but I am a bit of a slow working pefectionist. I'll keep quiet on how long it took me to build this . Lots of that time was spent pondering on how best to do things though, measuring, weighing, calculating etc. It's just my way Using the 123's & only one access hatch needed a bit of rethinking here & there. I could put together a second one much faster as I know measurements now. The wing is only just thick enough for A123's.

I fancy building a Demon 50 for speed/visability or a Lightning 60 for visability now, but need to know wing thicknesses etc so I can work out how many A123's can be wedged in. Assume I'll need to go 2P on batts for a half decent flight time...

Forgot to say the lid has a carbon rod in near the edge held in with GG, helps stiffen up the flap somewhat. You can see it in pic 4. Henry's/90 was 36g for the base, did that side first. Top side with leading edge tape was another 55g, includes wrapping over onto first side a little obviously, so 91g/3.2oz total for the glassing.
ukpaul is online now Find More Posts by ukpaul
Old Apr 08, 2008, 07:09 PM
Fast is good
USA, IN, Hagerstown
Joined Oct 2003
368 Posts
Tl 60

Hi guys,
I'm new to this thread. Just purchased a TL60, I need suggestion on servo's, motor and battery combo.

I have a NEU 1105/2Y/4.4 geardrive

I have 4 - 3cell 2170 25C flightpower . It would be nice to use these , but not necessary. I use them in other planes . So if going fast requires new batts. so be it.

Is 150 mph reasonably attained with this plane? Or is it to costly on a 60"er?

Thanks for any help, Jeff
jrplane is offline Find More Posts by jrplane
Old Apr 08, 2008, 07:17 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Ya 150 mph is a bit to much for the 60" I do cut a thinner version of the 60'' that is a tad faster.
Jr ds 821's digi's will work great for your servos.
What prop and rpms are you thinkin from that motor?
When you order let me know and I can cut you a custom 60 if need be.

ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrplane
Hi guys,
I'm new to this thread. Just purchased a TL60, I need suggestion on servo's, motor and battery combo.

I have a NEU 1105/2Y/4.4 geardrive

I have 4 - 3cell 2170 25C flightpower . It would be nice to use these , but not necessary. I use them in other planes . So if going fast requires new batts. so be it.

Is 150 mph reasonably attained with this plane? Or is it to costly on a 60"er?

Thanks for any help, Jeff
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Last edited by klique; Apr 08, 2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2008, 07:37 PM
Fast is good
USA, IN, Hagerstown
Joined Oct 2003
368 Posts

The neu is a 3 cell motor capable of 50 amps , according to here web site the setup I have using a 9X9 prop @ 40 amps, 95mph and 80 oz thust
400 watts in 360 watts out.

This motor is just laying around, don't have to use it. I'm just looking for suggestions. I'm not opposed to buying new. Just not sure what to buy.

The 150 mph reallt doesn't matter to me. At 100 a the wing will look fast.
(just fly it closer to you!!)
Old Apr 08, 2008, 07:47 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
I think your combo will work great,you might be pitchin down a bit,but you will have to find the prop that works best.
You will also be able to use the standard mount,that will be great.100 is way fast on that big wing
ck
Quote:
The neu is a 3 cell motor capable of 50 amps , according to here web site the setup I have using a 9X9 prop @ 40 amps, 95mph and 80 oz thust

This motor is just laying around, don't have to use it. I'm just looking for suggestions. I'm not opposed to buying new. Just not sure what to buy.

Old Apr 08, 2008, 08:19 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:

The 60 is outstanding! With that motor it'll be a monster! You will have to upgrade the batts though, you need more mah and weight to balance it.

Might even consider 4s and a 9x5?

Let me know if you need any help picking packs, I know some cheap but hardy packs that fit perfect.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Apr 08, 2008, 10:14 PM
Fast is good
USA, IN, Hagerstown
Joined Oct 2003
368 Posts
batterys

Sure I can use the help, What battery size and weight will it take to achieve balance.

Neu list this motor as 3 cell it is 5200 kv. I emailed NEU to see if I can run 4s,waiting on an answer.
Old Apr 08, 2008, 10:22 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
calculate an 8/4 prop on 4s ,that is the size i use, I am shure 4s will be fine but see if you can find a calc for it.
ck
Quote:
Sure I can use the help, What battery size and weight will it take to achieve balance.

Neu list this motor as 3 cell it is 5200 kv. I emailed NEU to see if I can run 4s,waiting on an answer.