HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:35 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Ya I can see things like that,I studdy what you guys are doing ,so I can help you.
I am shure that is why your ampdraw was 200 wats higher than mine,plus it is a chezzie e prop.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2346437
How the heck did you see that!?! You have good eyesight...I guess that's why you can pilot these things at 180mph! Thanks for the heads-up, I have a couple sport props on order. Maybe that's why my first bench test ate up 79 amps at nearly 1100 watts!
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:36 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Hey guys-

I've got a set of HS225's I am all ready to bury into this thing and I was just rereading the thread and am seeing some guys having centering issues with the 225's..

Anyone have a flavor of Hitec Digital they like for the TL50?
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:36 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
That is the ticket Tram.
Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
By sport, he means THIS one.. I just bought a bag of 6...
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:52 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys-

I've got a set of HS225's I am all ready to bury into this thing and I was just rereading the thread and am seeing some guys having centering issues with the 225's..

I used standard s148 futaba servos in the bigegr wings with no problems...
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:56 PM
Joined Aug 2006
736 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys-

Fitting Hitec 5245MG's in my Lightning 36 for the same reason. Digtal version of the 225's & only slightly more money. Managed to find a store with 2 in stock that hadn't been snapped up by T-rex 500 users. They are like gold dust over here.
ukpaul is offline Find More Posts by ukpaul
Old Mar 31, 2008, 08:09 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys-

The slopers have had issues with the 5245 as well. Mine seemed allright but the cost is an issue.

I had good luck with the 5475's and the cheapest and most reliable have been the Spektrum DS821.

Save the 225's for slower stuff, they are bad news...

Also the Hitec analog standards(HS475) have worked well but I still recomend digis
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Mar 31, 2008, 08:10 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Yeh, looks like I'm going to pick up some DS821's..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Mar 31, 2008, 08:12 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Ebay is the way to go get 4 for 50-$60
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Apr 01, 2008, 09:34 AM
Joined Aug 2006
736 Posts
A couple of pics of my L36 build. Motor mount plate fitted from the bottom of the wing. Cut out a fraction below the centerline so the center of the additional Microdan mount & the motor shaft is then smack on the wing centerline. Also the mount plate rests nicely on the main carbon tube spar. The included flat carbon seemed a little small to me but was just the job to use on a little 16" wing I'm working on, so I used some 6x1mm flat carbon I had in stock instead, again fitted from the bottom of the wing with GG. Heavier, but it is quite stiff now & as I think I'm using 4S A123 in this, I'm not going for an ultra light setup, so I'm not too concerned about a little extra weight here & there within reason. Yes I know the MD mount is on the wrong side of the motor plate in the pic , I had just enlarged the holes in the MD mount with a needle file so the mounts fitted together, adding bolts as I went to keep it all square as I filed. Will swop sides obviously.

I weighed as I went out of curiosity...

Wing halves 42g each
Main carbon spar tube cut to length 12g
Gluing the wing halves together & gluing the main spar in with Gorilla glue added a total of 13g.
The 6x1mm carbon, wing center to wing tip & Gorilla Glue added another 12g

Servos have arrived now & will be fitted tonight, going for external carbon/metal pushrods. Enjoying myself a lot so far. It's nice to be actualy 'making' a model for a change rather than just assembling it from bags of bits like my heli's, a refreshing change
Old Apr 01, 2008, 09:45 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Looks good paul,The strip carbon I use is awesome when glued in with pu glue then glassed is extremely strong and lite.It is the whole system that makes it strong ,not just the carbon.
My demon lites use just one strip under the wings and they do 160 +mph
.4s a123's sounds verry heavy,I would not use them myself. Paul light en ing is the name bud ,not brick en ing

Motor mount looks great, you can always give it a slight bend after your first flight to get you thrustangle adjusted.
ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukpaul
A couple of pics of my L36 build. Motor mount plate fitted from the bottom of the wing. Cut out a fraction below the centerline so the center of the additional Microdan mount & the motor shaft is then smack on the wing centerline. Also the mount plate rests nicely on the main carbon tube spar. The included flat carbon seemed a little small to me but was just the job to use on a little 16" wing I'm working on, so I used some 6x1mm flat carbon I had in stock instead, again fitted from the bottom of the wing with GG. Heavier, but it is quite stiff now & as I think I'm using 4S A123 in this, I'm not going for an ultra light setup, so I'm not too concerned about a little extra weight here & there within reason. Yes I know the MD mount is on the wrong side of the motor plate in the pic , I had just enlarged the holes in the MD mount with a needle file so the mounts fitted together, adding bolts as I went to keep it all square as I filed. Will swop sides obviously.

I weighed as I went out of curiosity...

Wing halves 42g each
Main carbon spar tube cut to length 12g
Gluing the wing halves together & gluing the main spar in with Gorilla glue added a total of 13g.
The 6x1mm carbon, wing center to wing tip & Gorilla Glue added another 12g

Servos have arrived now & will be fitted tonight, going for external carbon/metal pushrods. Enjoying myself a lot so far. It's nice to be actualy 'making' a model for a change rather than just assembling it from bags of bits like my heli's, a refreshing change
Old Apr 01, 2008, 10:02 AM
Joined Aug 2006
736 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure the regular carbon would be just fine, but as an engineer in a previous life, I tend to like to over engineer things a little, it's just me

I hear what you are saying about the A123's, but with just two packs I will be able to fly the wing back to back flights all day as I can field charge them in 8mins, fly one charge one, fly one charge one etc.

My other option is to use 3S 3300 20C lipos as I have 20 in stock, but they are 280g each, the 123 packs will be just 10-20g more built up. My 2100/2200 3S lipo's are all a little tired now & have lost their mojo somewhat. Just trying to use up what I have... I'll just have to fly faster all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Looks good paul,The strip carbon I use is awesome when glued in with pu glue then glassed is extremely strong and lite.It is the whole system that makes it strong ,not just the carbon.
My demon lites use just one strip under the wings and they do 160 +mph
.4s a123's sounds verry heavy,I would not use them myself. Paul light en ing is the name bud ,not brick en ing

Motor mount looks great, you can always give it a slight bend after your first flight to get you thrustangle adjusted.
ck
Old Apr 01, 2008, 10:09 AM
Joined Aug 2006
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
ck
How do you tell your thrust angle needs adjusting instead of your CG being out or such like?

What's the procedure jedi master
Old Apr 01, 2008, 10:11 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
That might work ok with the a123's,they are fairly light But they are just bulky.But will fit nicely in that foil.
Just when adam is running a single 3s 2100 it seemed heavy thinking about a123's.
On my lightning I run a mega 3 turn and a 3s 3700 and it is still verry lite and spunky.
That might e appx the weight of yours.
ck
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure the regular carbon would be just fine, but as an engineer in a previous life, I tend to like to over engineer things a little, it's just me

I hear what you are saying about the A123's, but with just two packs I will be able to fly the wing back to back flights all day as I can field charge them in 8mins, fly one charge one, fly one charge one etc.

My other option is to use 3S 3300 20C lipos as I have 20 in stock, but they are 280g each, the 123 packs will be just 10-20g more built up. My 2100/2200 3S lipo's are all a little tired now & have lost their mojo somewhat. Just trying to use up what I have... I'll just have to fly faster all the time
Old Apr 01, 2008, 10:15 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Did you listen to the ritewing support meeting last week ?
We talked about thi in depth.
Cg is 6 3/4 adjust you thrust angle at appx 3 dgrees of down thrust ,The centerline of root from tip to tail is your line.
ck
Quote:
How do you tell your thrust angle needs adjusting instead of your CG being out or such like?

What's the procedure jedi master
Old Apr 01, 2008, 10:16 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
All you dang engineers ,over building stuff
ck
Quote: