HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2002, 05:59 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,050 Posts
One more time-GWS Beaver dihedral ?

I know this has been beaten to death here, but the thread I was reading a week ago seems to have vanished, and I don't remember what the suggested dihedral was for this little bugger. Too much and it looks like a butterfly, too little and it won't turn. What is the happy medium. I want it to be as flat as possible but still be able to turn properly. With one panel flat, would 3" under the other tip do it. Sorry to be a bother, but I just got tired of looking through all those old threads. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2002, 08:09 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Per Hoppy, in http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...eaver+dihedral

It flies just fine with one wing tip being 2 3/4" higher than the other. That is, with one wing flat on the table, the bottom of the other wing tip is 2 3/4" higher. This is less than 10 deg but looks much better. I used ProBond on dampened surfaces for all gluing. Try the wing mounted strut attachments at a 90 deg angle to that specified. The way they are, the plastic has to be bent almost 60 deg.

I used search 'beaver dihedral'
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Oct 25, 2002, 08:38 PM
San Fernando Valley
Joined Jun 2002
444 Posts
I'll say this much. . . . Mine has too much. My flying friend's plane has about half -- looks almost flat.
It turns just fine, and the wing's don't flutter on his like they do on mine.
I think I've got about 5" total on mine, FWIW.
--Mark
markwild is offline Find More Posts by markwild
Old Oct 25, 2002, 08:52 PM
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Jun 2002
1,181 Posts
I just used a coffee cup under one end .
mlehman is offline Find More Posts by mlehman
Old Oct 25, 2002, 10:37 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,050 Posts
Thanks genebond!

That was the thread I had been looking for. I will do mine at 2 3/4". It looks a lot better that way, and as long as guys say it turns OK, that is all I am asking. Thanks for the help. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith