SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 10, 2007, 03:41 PM
Joined May 2007
2 Posts
Help!
Newbie asking Tony 65x55 for Advise on Blu-Baby Build

Hello Tony, I'm positively impressed with Your Blu-Baby 33" Trainer and I thank you for all the help so far. I should have one built by next weekend. Since I am brand new to electric's let me tell You what I have on hand and then You tell me what will work, or what I need to get... . I have the J250, A 20 amp GFS Micro Speed Control, 2 HS-81 Hi-tec servos, and 2 Ni-Mh 7.2 volt 900mah (100) batteries. I know the engine is OK, What else will work for the Blu-Baby. Thanks
flyboycrawford is offline Find More Posts by flyboycrawford
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2007, 04:18 PM
Naturally altered
Joined Feb 2005
2,519 Posts
Welcome to RC Groups.

If I may : probably the best way to get Tony's attention is to post such messages directly in the Blu-baby thread. This is what threads are made for. I am sure Tony keeps current with his projects. It would benefit others too.
Cubber is offline Find More Posts by Cubber
Old May 11, 2007, 07:37 AM
ST.LOUIS
Joined Aug 2006
1,999 Posts
You could pm him also. Find his name in a thread, click on it and go to the pm part.
DRITCH is offline Find More Posts by DRITCH
Old Feb 24, 2008, 09:22 AM
Joined Jan 2007
5 Posts
2/24/08
WANNABE asking TONY ref Blu-Baby
1. What wing incidence is suggested for your BB?
2. What down & side thrust angle is suggested?

Just finished the BB (using EPE for the fuse and Blue Core for wings n' tail). Itching to maiden it (I'll let a great mentor, Rick Distler do that!) This Wed. AM is the day and the weather near Chandler, AZ should be good --- in the 70's.

If any of you that have built BB's have input, please let me know before "maiden time".

MEGA thanks,

enod (Reed)
enod is offline Find More Posts by enod
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:11 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboycrawford
Hello Tony, I'm positively impressed with Your Blu-Baby 33" Trainer and I thank you for all the help so far. I should have one built by next weekend. Since I am brand new to electric's let me tell You what I have on hand and then You tell me what will work, or what I need to get... . I have the J250, A 20 amp GFS Micro Speed Control, 2 HS-81 Hi-tec servos, and 2 Ni-Mh 7.2 volt 900mah (100) batteries. I know the engine is OK, What else will work for the Blu-Baby. Thanks
Hi Crawford,

All the stuff you have will work fine. I would definitely put the J250 into a gear drive (GWS "C") and use a 9070 propeller. The little J250 direct drive doesn't have enough juice unless you are using lightweight gear and lipos. Keep us posted on how it goes and good luck with your build and maiden flight.

Tony

PS: It's mush easier for me to answer this stuff if you post it in the Blu-Baby thread.
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:14 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enod
2/24/08
WANNABE asking TONY ref Blu-Baby
1. What wing incidence is suggested for your BB?
2. What down & side thrust angle is suggested?

Just finished the BB (using EPE for the fuse and Blue Core for wings n' tail). Itching to maiden it (I'll let a great mentor, Rick Distler do that!) This Wed. AM is the day and the weather near Chandler, AZ should be good --- in the 70's.

If any of you that have built BB's have input, please let me know before "maiden time".

MEGA thanks,

enod (Reed)
Hi Reed, the wing incidence is built into the wing saddle. It should be +2 degrees. The motor should have 3 degrees down thrust, 2 degrees right thrust.

As I mentioned to Crawford, it is easier to keep track of this stuff if you post it in the Blu-Baby thread. Good luck with your maiden. I'm sure it will be just fine. Let us know how it goes.

TOny
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55