HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by _Lunchbox_, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 05, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
One other thing. I don't like the landing gear at all. I will replace them as soon as I can. I can't believe that they were actually made out of fiberglass
Does anyone have any suggestions as to a replacement???
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2007, 07:45 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,343 Posts
You could buy replacements and wrap them with Kevlar.
You could get some aircraft Al and bend your own.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Aug 06, 2007, 04:58 PM
oh crap! did I do that?
cochran,GA
Joined Oct 2005
268 Posts
Yikes Looks like it time for some new L.G. There man...You Dummy I had to say it
JTStone is offline Find More Posts by JTStone
Old Aug 06, 2007, 09:05 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
not my fault...
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:05 AM
Sydney Austrlaia
Joined Sep 2007
2 Posts
Hey guys! new to the forum here.

Just bought myself a Fashion 50 as well, power unit is a OS max .55AX, controled with a Futaba Ex6 2.4g radio with s3001 bb servo's. I def agree with you guys with the instuction manual! useless! I replaced most of the hardware, I used an OS alloy engine mount, replaced the rods and clevises etc, Might make up some alloy landing gear as well after reading this thread.

Jstone - the aileron servo's are mounted to the underside of the wing panel(laying down) and only the servo horn sticks through the hole in the panel (hole is already there), very flush way of mounting, stupid instructions dont corraspond with this though.

Hows everyone else going with thier Fashions? Hopefully ill get a chance to fly mine in the next 2 weeks.

Here are some pics... Mine came with wheel pants too!
nervis is offline Find More Posts by nervis
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:04 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nervis
Hey guys! new to the forum here.

Just bought myself a Fashion 50 as well, power unit is a OS max .55AX, controled with a Futaba Ex6 2.4g radio with s3001 bb servo's. I def agree with you guys with the instuction manual! useless! I replaced most of the hardware, I used an OS alloy engine mount, replaced the rods and clevises etc, Might make up some alloy landing gear as well after reading this thread.

Jstone - the aileron servo's are mounted to the underside of the wing panel(laying down) and only the servo horn sticks through the hole in the panel (hole is already there), very flush way of mounting, stupid instructions dont corraspond with this though.

Hows everyone else going with thier Fashions? Hopefully ill get a chance to fly mine in the next 2 weeks.

Here are some pics... Mine came with wheel pants too!
Hi Nervis.
welcome to RCG!

I realized the servos mounted in a different way after I cut holes for the servos to mount in the covers It doesn't really affect the performance, but it does make for a cleaner look if the servos aren't hanging out.

I love the way mine flies. I just finished rearranging the way the batteries mount so I can remove some of the weight I had to add to the tail to get it to balance. I haven't flown it since then but I'll get a few flights in this weekend I hope...
Old Oct 11, 2007, 06:38 PM
Sydney Austrlaia
Joined Sep 2007
2 Posts
Finally had my maiden flight last weekend! what an awsome plane! and so easy to fly! very smooth and direct on the controls. Its been 10 years since I have flown so still untangling my thumbs a little, but cant wait to start turning the wick up!! the )S .55 has plenty of balls thats for sure.

I even managed to crash the thing, but it took the impacct very well, and managed to get it back into the air! (it hit the deck very flat... flicked on the flaps to test and discovered it comes back to earth quickly!!! ill leave those alone for now.

i didnt even bother with the fibreglass landing gear, i made some allor ones up from 3mm sheet, very glad i did this, as my first few landing attemps reuslted in the landing gear folding up and belly sliding! i have the hang of landing now though. Just ordered some Hanger 9 Funtana wheels pants to and going to run 64mm wheels, the ones that come with the Fashion are way to small for my dodgey makeshift runway!
nervis is offline Find More Posts by nervis
Old Jan 20, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
I plan on doing new servo covers soon. They just look better that way..
Also, I neglected to mention that I have noticed an odd stall characteristic to the plane. After about 15 flights with it, I have been able to cope with it, but It does make it interesting to say the least. The plane will do a little hesitation and drop the nose a little, at that point it you get on the throttle quick enough, it will power out with nothing other than dropping the nose a little. If you wait or miss the cue, it will drop the low wing and the plane falls out of the sky. You the have to neutralize the controls and then add throttle then pull out of the dive. If you are at less than 50' AGL, you may as well hang it up..
Have any of you guys flying this plane noticed this characteristic? Or is it particular to mine?

I will say that I love to fly it, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have made some mods to it since the build, I moved one of the batteries under the belly pan and added a latch to make it easy to get to the battery... This allowed me to take about 2 oz. of weight off the tail. I added new LG, and wheelpants too.
I have been getting about 7.5- 8 min of flight on the 3700 batteries. This is using about 2500-2800 Mah depending on how hard I push it.

I Really like flying this plane and look forward to it every time I go to the field.