Old Feb 26, 2009, 03:16 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6
the Fs i bought from adam has the tips turned.. i dunno
Odd, Oh well. The tubes are just outer sleves for control rods flexable nylon tubes glued to the top of the wing and then covered with mono..
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2009, 04:15 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
Odd, Oh well. The tubes are just outer sleves for control rods flexable nylon tubes glued to the top of the wing and then covered with mono..
Yep I tried it once. A lot more work for little reward. It looks neat and does seem to tame the wag a bit but its a pain to cover and then the elevons have to be shaped to match etc. Not something I would do again.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Aug 05, 2009, 12:35 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Flying my FS-33 over Lake Tahoe on a recent camping trip with the family. Everyone brings a Ritewing camping rite? This was a blast flying over the lake, boats, etc and getting as low as comfortable. This has to be the most picturesque flying I've done to date. The only thing that would have made it better is to get a swarm going over the lake

After this I went to fly over Fallen Leaf Lake. However, I didn't have a good 20 yards of sloped beach before the water. I had to launch perpendicular to the lake. Well lets just say the FS-33 took it's first plunge in ice cold water. I'm sure Fishrfly will dig that video out and post it haha.

Ritewing FS 33 over Lake Tahoe (7 min 24 sec)

Thanks for manning the camera Fishrfly!

P.S. I still love this plane for what it is. Smaller, lighter, quieter than the rest of my Ritewing fleet. Great for stuff like this!
reefboy is offline Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Sep 05, 2009, 10:22 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Scott,

Would you like to finnish a fs for me a arc 110 light build...

I could get the stuff to you and leave it with you for a month or two..

I love your build style

wer eyou stnding in the lake while you were flying???
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:50 AM
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. I can't even finish my own projects in less than 6 months so I will have to pass. Eric flew his FS-33 at Baylands the other day and all I have to say is WOW... He has carried the "tramatized" flying over from the IYF30 he has to his FS33 built lite with a Justgofly 300df motor and it is quite impressive!!! I need to build a clean version of the FS-33 with the Justgofly motor again. While I love the ARC110 on my Mini Demon and FS-36 Lightning, I love the 300DF on the FS33 built lite.

Adam - get Eric on video flying his FS-33 somewhere were he won't hold back. It was very very impressive. Yank and Bank delight!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:22 AM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
Scott

Let's have a FS flyfest soon eh?

fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:29 AM
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
OK...Check your PM.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:03 PM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefboy
Thanks for the kind words. I can't even finish my own projects in less than 6 months so I will have to pass. Eric flew his FS-33 at Baylands the other day and all I have to say is WOW... He has carried the "tramatized" flying over from the IYF30 he has to his FS33 built lite with a Justgofly 300df motor and it is quite impressive!!! I need to build a clean version of the FS-33 with the Justgofly motor again. While I love the ARC110 on my Mini Demon and FS-36 Lightning, I love the 300DF on the FS33 built lite.

Adam - get Eric on video flying his FS-33 somewhere were he won't hold back. It was very very impressive. Yank and Bank delight!
Every time I pull out the FS-33 I am blown away! I go for months without flying it, and begin to think that it is time to strip the gear. After just one flight that little wing is rite back on my list of all time favorite wings

It has even more yank and bank than the IYF-30 with hardly any throw, but not quite the roll rate at 120% on aileron.

4 sure we need to get video of the IYF and FS side by side. Same battery and AUW on both models but different/cool feel in the air.

CK, be sure you don't forget how to cut the FS because it is one that will always need to be in the hanger for Reef and me
fishRfly is offline Find More Posts by fishRfly
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:31 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
I wont , what version you flying now? TL or ltg?If you guys all get together to cut 10 or so to make it worth my while to do the setup.
Maybe 50 bux ea.
Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishRfly
Every time I pull out the FS-33 I am blown away! I go for months without flying it, and begin to think that it is time to strip the gear. After just one flight that little wing is rite back on my list of all time favorite wings

It has even more yank and bank than the IYF-30 with hardly any throw, but not quite the roll rate at 120% on aileron.

4 sure we need to get video of the IYF and FS side by side. Same battery and AUW on both models but different/cool feel in the air.

CK, be sure you don't forget how to cut the FS because it is one that will always need to be in the hanger for Reef and me
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Sep 21, 2009, 02:08 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Erics is the TL, V1 33" span. I believe he added sweep though.......
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:05 PM
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Atom - he has the VII same as mine. 33". No added sweep.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 05:41 PM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=372

There is the beginning of the build in this thread. My first post is #370 though.
Very little would I change on this build.
fishRfly is offline Find More Posts by fishRfly