HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2007, 06:20 PM
mrj
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
I've got a 12mm feiagio (sp?) and cc phx-10 esc and 3x3 prop. How would this power train work in the smaller wingspan version? I'd like one if this will work.
mrj is offline Find More Posts by mrj
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2007, 06:40 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
It will work fine if built lite.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj
I've got a 12mm feiagio (sp?) and cc phx-10 esc and 3x3 prop. How would this power train work in the smaller wingspan version? I'd like one if this will work.
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old May 21, 2007, 07:18 PM
mrj
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
how much are the 25" kits i cant find it on your website. thanx
Old May 22, 2007, 09:59 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,500 Posts
I picked up a couple of FS kits this weekend at MWE. One's gonna be a sloper but the other will get the Vasa55 fan that I also got my hands on. I think one of my RZ2500s will get power duty for this too. I've never dealt with an EDF anything yet so if any of you guys do up the FS in an EDF mode, be sure to post a build thread on how to go about it for the rest of us noobs, ok?

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old May 22, 2007, 07:35 PM
mrj
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
I just got the 25" kit ordered. 2s 1500mah lipo ,12mm brushless, cc 10a ,4 gram servos,and micro rx. Motor, ESC,RX, servos weigh 1.75 oz Wonder how it will fly. I can always slap a himax 2015-4100 on there if i need more?
Old May 22, 2007, 08:54 PM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
i got a fs and the standard comin and i'm not sure what to power it with. i have a arc 110 motor also have an edf and a 12mm. i sure am undecided!! to build lite or heavy that is the ? .

i think the 1500 lipo might be heavy considering the weight of the other items. but that can depend on a bunch of variables. i run my mini demon at around 4.2 oz's and that is with a feigao phx10 and a 480 2s prolite. it is uncovered and has a flat carbon spar. and meat tray(depron) wing tips and elevons.

so far the gws rx with lite antenna is solid without a glitch. but then again i never get to far away. its amazing how slow i can get it to fly. but in a turn i have to accelerate or it will get a bit unstable.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old May 22, 2007, 08:59 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
After seeing the weight and the ws the 1500 2s should be fine.
i used to run the mini d on a 3s 1320 and it was fine, the fs is a little bigger too.
The fiego might need upgrading but should be fine for now.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockd
i got a fs and the standard comin and i'm not sure what to power it with. i have a arc 110 motor also have an edf and a 12mm. i sure am undecided!! to build lite or heavy that is the ? .

i think the 1500 lipo might be heavy considering the weight of the other items. but that can depend on a bunch of variables. i run my mini demon at around 4.2 oz's and that is with a feigao phx10 and a 480 2s prolite. it is uncovered and has a flat carbon spar. and meat tray(depron) wing tips and elevons.

so far the gws rx with lite antenna is solid without a glitch. but then again i never get to far away. its amazing how slow i can get it to fly. but in a turn i have to accelerate or it will get a bit unstable.
Old May 22, 2007, 09:14 PM
Purples a fruit
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
yeah i agree. what i meant is a 1500 is a bit of weight with a feigao. not much thrust for that bigger plane and battery.

i know that plane will weigh more and draggier(is that a word or a life style? lol)what i get with my mini at its weight is great, would like more thrust, and am happy with how she flys

i'd like to know what the total weight will be built heavy and lite. hows the medusa 12mm compare.

i am into being wrong, might learn something. and hate to give bad advise.
Old May 22, 2007, 10:09 PM
mrj
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
Ck- what brand are the lipos? What motor was in your 3s mini d?

Punkrockd-I am after something with lite wing loading that will be relaxing to fly.What prop and which kv motor are on your mini demon?If i want more onion ill go 20mm. I'll try it both ways, or maybe ill get another. Too many decisions
Old May 22, 2007, 10:20 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
They are enerland polyrc.The cream.
2s on a 5300 3s on the 4300 both 0n 3/3 and 4/3 gws prop I think it was.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj
Ck- what brand are the lipos? What motor was in your 3s mini d?

Punkrockd-I am after something with lite wing loading that will be relaxing to fly.What prop and which kv motor are on your mini demon?If i want more onion ill go 20mm. I'll try it both ways, or maybe ill get another. Too many decisions
Old May 22, 2007, 10:44 PM
mrj
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
5oz for powertrain including 1500mah lipo. Ck's weighed 7oz all up - esc and motor. im shootin for 10.5oz or under.I had the electronics left over from a small wing i had that flew like a dog. And ya those batteries look to be the poop.I see black lines on the Spanker in the pics, is that carbon ? How are you guys mounting your motors?
Old May 22, 2007, 10:51 PM
Purples a fruit
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
my mini demon has gws picos, gws 4 rx phx10 feigao 4100kv 3x2 prop depron parts and i just installed a flat carbon in the wing because it did the dreaded zagi flap. it weighs about 4.3oz's and it is awesome. battery is 480 prolite and i just bought some apoggee lipos from the lhs they have 2s 350's for 11.50 a pop.

i can fly it at any small field. i prefer to fly with trees around and circle em. it just bounces. i've broken the nose once and a wing tip a couple times. i did what ck mentioned and made the wing tips bigger and longer for stability at slow speed. made a HUGE difference, before i had tiny wing tips.

wish i had a dig cam i'd post video it does fly very slow.
Old May 23, 2007, 01:36 PM
EDF Addicted
United States, FL, High Springs
Joined Sep 2005
5,450 Posts
Chris, how do I go about ordering a FS Spanker? If I sell something this weekend at the flyin I'd like to get it and the Mini Demon. Thanks man
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old May 24, 2007, 08:22 PM
mrj
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
I've been wondering about a 370 size outrunner? wonder how it would work. I started fabbing an aluminum motor mount to hold one just in case. Should the motor thrust be in the center line of the airfoil,or can the motor sit ontop of the wing?
Old May 25, 2007, 08:50 PM
mrj
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
I just got a UPS package. Time to get started.You guys using hot glue or thin layer of epoxy to attach wing halves.Hot glue has some give which may help when i have unscheduled landings.
Last edited by mrj; May 25, 2007 at 09:16 PM.