Joined Apr 2007
74 Posts
Sorry Chris I"m half asleep
Mark Mc is offline Find More Posts by Mark Mc
Old Jun 23, 2007, 03:53 AM
Upland, CA
Joined Mar 2007
578 Posts
Most places that carry MPI products have them or can get them. I just wish someone made 12mm clam shells.

Now if I can find a local hardware store that actually carries Henry 183 fiberglass. All I've been able to find is Homax Mesh Fiberglass Tape in 2".
swoof is offline Find More Posts by swoof
Old Jun 23, 2007, 01:58 PM
Fatboys can fly
Greeneville TN
Joined Apr 2007
74 Posts
The only place within 80 miles of my house that carries Henrys is Home depot noone else has even heard of it.
Mark Mc is offline Find More Posts by Mark Mc
Old Jun 23, 2007, 02:13 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoof
Most places that carry MPI products have them or can get them. I just wish someone made 12mm clam shells.

Now if I can find a local hardware store that actually carries Henry 183 fiberglass. All I've been able to find is Homax Mesh Fiberglass Tape in 2".
http://doitbest.com/DoItBest/Main.as...=64&SKU=110159
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Jun 23, 2007, 02:14 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,766 Posts
Go to pau vI 's blog he has all the on line linx to get it online.
or the ritewing build thread does on the first page.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mc
The only place within 80 miles of my house that carries Henrys is Home depot noone else has even heard of it.
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jun 23, 2007, 04:10 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj
BElow i added pics of how i mounted my 12mm brushless(with zip ties) and how i will mount my 20mm brushless.

mrj, what grade and thickness of aluminum did you use for your right angle motor mount?

Chris, what grade of aluminum do you use? Do you think it would it hold a form like this?

the only concern I have is if the right angle form will be strong enough under thrust angle adjustments or if it might need some reinforcement.

tim
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Old Jun 23, 2007, 04:42 PM
mrj
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
5052 .095. is the one in the pics.6061 t6 will crack at the bend if the radius is too tight. If you're worried about weight drilll the large areas with lightening holes , the holes will also give the glue something to adhere to. I wouldnt worry about it bending from thrust from these motor , it takes way nore than 5lbs to form the bend.I have a full sheet of 5052 aluminum i could slice a few from, so you dont get hosed on material from the metal supplie. Or go to a sheet metal shop HVAC they will have some small scrap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkers
mrj, what grade and thickness of aluminum did you use for your right angle motor mount?

Chris, what grade of aluminum do you use? Do you think it would it hold a form like this?

the only concern I have is if the right angle form will be strong enough under thrust angle adjustments or if it might need some reinforcement.

tim
mrj is offline Find More Posts by mrj
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:26 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,766 Posts
T 5 is what I use
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:46 PM
Upland, CA
Joined Mar 2007
578 Posts
Thanks Atom and Chris. I found that about an hour later when I clicked on Paul's profile. Do you think the 2" Mesh fiber tape will work on the 25"? The only other thing I wish I could find is a smaller can of the 3M90 spray. When I built a zagi epp years ago I got a big can of 77 and barely used any of it.

Mark I tried Home Depot and they only had the big square's of wire mesh. No rolls of anything. Lowe's only had 2" wide rolls of other name stuff.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:59 PM
mrj
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
t5? "T" only refers to the condition of the plate. there is still a base grade of metal.
mrj is offline Find More Posts by mrj
Old Jun 23, 2007, 08:00 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
thanks guys. I'll look locally at some HVAC places. I just hate to pay shipping for stuff like this.
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Old Jun 23, 2007, 08:05 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoof
Thanks Atom and Chris. I found that about an hour later when I clicked on Paul's profile. Do you think the 2" Mesh fiber tape will work on the 25"? The only other thing I wish I could find is a smaller can of the 3M90 spray. When I built a zagi epp years ago I got a big can of 77 and barely used any of it.

Mark I tried Home Depot and they only had the big square's of wire mesh. No rolls of anything. Lowe's only had 2" wide rolls of other name stuff.
Get the 6" roll as it covers more area which adds up to less overlap and theoretically lighter weight.

3M90 has a 1001 uses so don't worry about it! Since becoming a Ritewing addict I have gone through 4-5 cans in less then a year! You'll find a use for it!
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Jun 23, 2007, 08:37 PM
Upland, CA
Joined Mar 2007
578 Posts
Well I figured I could cover the 25" easier with the 2", plus if I decide to bullet proof a FS with fiberglass for more stability with more speed. I'm still looking to see if any of the local stores carry 6". I didn't open the 2" but I have it just in case.

Since it doesn't seem to be available in a smaller can I'll have to pay the $14 for the big can. I have thought about doing a fabric covering on the motorcycle like all the stunt bikes . . . .