HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2002, 07:37 PM
San Juan Marin Intl, Puerto Rico
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
Viper Twin Over 100mph???

Can it is posible??? Iam looking for that the sit up i see is 2-Hacker B20-18 1 hacker master 40amp 2cam sped pro Graupner 13-13cm 5,2-5.2 8cel 1800mh for practis and for the test 10 pac 1700 sanyo nicad. if some body can help it is veri aprisiate

Gustavo
windface is offline Find More Posts by windface
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2002, 11:04 PM
Edmonton,Alberta Canada
Joined Dec 2001
73 Posts
The Viper is quite large (relatively), and as such I don't think any amount of power will make it do 100mph! All aircraft have a theoretical maximum speed at which it will fly and the power requirements to go beyond that are immense. For high speed you should start with a clean sheet of paper and start your design from scratch; look at some of the pure racing aircraft, their size, airfoils, streamlining, etc, etc, etc.!!! The alternative is to buy a proven high speed airframe and then hang on the power.
An amusing story was related in an aircraft review I read a number of years ago where the author was commenting on the airspeed indicator which went to 500 mph! The author said he did'nt think the engine would even go that fast if it broke off in flight and fell 5000 ft. to the ground.
My two bits worth.
Peter
peterc is offline Find More Posts by peterc
Old Oct 26, 2002, 07:15 AM
San Juan Marin Intl, Puerto Rico
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
Thanck peter for yours respound yes i read about the drag and how just some more mile of the "max speed of the disain" represent a lots of power. what did you thinc about the set up power . I want to tray it anyway is just for fun, in a few days i post pic wen a begin the proyec and need eny sugestion of how a achif thi goal. IF enybody in this forum can help with her nowleg is welcome.

Gustavo

ps.sory for my ortography it is not my languish
windface is offline Find More Posts by windface
Old Oct 26, 2002, 05:49 PM
Edmonton,Alberta Canada
Joined Dec 2001
73 Posts
Your English is quite understandable if not grammatically correct as well as the spelling. I wish I could do as well in your language!
Your power supply etc are fine. The one thing I think you will have is a fantastic rate of climb. At the power you have and considering the design I think your plane will want to loop unless you hold a lot of down elevator. I hope it is structurally strong enough for the power.
In A/C design changing one thing usually leads to a multitude of other revisions.
Keep us posted on how it go's.
Peter
peterc is offline Find More Posts by peterc
Old Dec 20, 2007, 09:28 AM
Unregistered User
Yuma
Joined Dec 2007
3 Posts
I had a Viper Twin 5 years ago. Thought about fixing it up and flying it for kicks again. Is this company still around? Websites I can find are defunct.

Thanks for any input.....
JackRyan009 is offline Find More Posts by JackRyan009