Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 07, 2007, 08:57 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,481 Posts
Contest
Let's Play Guess the Candidate!

This should be fun. Guess which U.S. presidential candidate is responsible for the quote and provide a reference on the web to prove it. Then come up with a quote of your own.

I'll start:
Quote:
What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old May 07, 2007, 09:03 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Fred Grandy?

Or was it the erstwhile mayor of NYC perhaps?
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old May 07, 2007, 09:11 PM
"Cracking Toast Grommit!"
Sanford, NC
Joined Feb 2005
679 Posts
Giuliani,

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...50C0A962958260

here's one,

“If the most important thing to any of you is choosing someone who did not cast that vote or has said his vote was a mistake, then there are others to choose from,”
metalbuggy is offline Find More Posts by metalbuggy
Old May 07, 2007, 09:38 PM
Suspended Account
kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
577 Posts
Here's my favorite- (even though this guy won't be a candidate this time around.)

‘I think it’s also important for the President to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn.’

But as for the rudy quote, especially this part-

"Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do."

-it sounded much better in the original German.
badaltitude is offline Find More Posts by badaltitude
Last edited by badaltitude; May 07, 2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old May 08, 2007, 03:49 PM
Sanford, NC
Joined Feb 2005
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude
Here's my favorite- (even though this guy won't be a candidate this time around.)

‘I think it’s also important for the President to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn.’
That was in 1999, a whole different world than now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude
But as for the rudy quote, especially this part-

"Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do."

-it sounded much better in the original German.
I agree, I do not like Rudy at all. I think he has communist streak.

Which candidate said this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbuggy
“If the most important thing to any of you is choosing someone who did not cast that vote or has said his vote was a mistake, then there are others to choose from,”
Old May 08, 2007, 04:18 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I got one!

The same candidate said ALL FIVE of the following quotes. Guess who.

Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price.

Heavens, no! It could get subpoenaed. I can't write anything.

I believe in a zone of privacy.

I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers We are the president.

The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they're not.

I find the first quote to be especially troublesome considering this candidates current stance, and I find the last quote to be particularly telling in that it's a self described condition for this person.

GUESS THE CANDIDATE!

Highflight
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old May 08, 2007, 04:22 PM
Sanford, NC
Joined Feb 2005
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight

Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price.

I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers We are the president.

The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they're not.

I find the first quote to be especially troublesome considering this candidates current stance, and I find the last quote to be particularly telling in that it's a self described condition for this person.

GUESS THE CANDIDATE!

Highflight

The same candidate that said this,
Quote:

Now come on folks!
The thread starter said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
This should be fun. Guess which U.S. presidential candidate is responsible for the quote and provide a reference on the web to prove it. Then come up with a quote of your own.

I'll start:
Then I said,
Quote:
Giuliani,

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...50C0A962958260

here's one,

You guys don't play right.
Old May 08, 2007, 04:24 PM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2004
1,917 Posts
Dunno about all those quotes but I'm favoring Ron Paul. The only candidate that can answer a question without pausing alot to make something up or repeating the same lines over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Hardly anybody knows who he is but he would make the best president out of all of them.
Wufnu is offline Find More Posts by Wufnu
Old May 08, 2007, 04:30 PM
Joined Dec 2005
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight

GUESS THE CANDIDATE!

Highflight
That would be Billary. And I need no web references.
crashdummy6 is offline Find More Posts by crashdummy6
Old May 08, 2007, 04:50 PM
Happy Trees
Colorady
Joined Mar 2005
1,332 Posts
From the web..

10. "I have to confess that it's crossed my mind that you could not be a Republican and a Christian."

9. "God bless the America we are trying to create."

8. "We have a lot of kids who don't know what works means. They think work is a four-letter word."

7. “He ran a gas station down in St. Louis... No, Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader of the 20th century.” –introducing a quote by Mahatma Gandhi

6. “Who is going to find out? These women are trash. Nobody’s going to believe them.” –on Bill Clinton’s bimbo eruptions

5. “If I didn’t kick his ass every day, he wouldn’t be worth anything.” –on Bill Clinton

4. "I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life."

3. "We are going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

2. "I have said that I'm not running and I'm having a great time being pres — being a first-term senator." —on her presidential ambitions

1. "I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers.

Opps..some of these have been posted.
m4rs is offline Find More Posts by m4rs
Old May 08, 2007, 09:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Quote:
You guys don't play right.
Because odds are, this thread wasn't started as a game, and there was no intention of responding to things said by people that are not hated republicans. IE, you took the trollbait.
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 09, 2007, 07:30 AM
Sanford, NC
Joined Feb 2005
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
Because odds are, this thread wasn't started as a game, and there was no intention of responding to things said by people that are not hated republicans. IE, you took the trollbait.
I don't mind quotes from from any candidate.

But the lefties on here are only wanting to trash pubs?

And when trash is brought up on Dems, everyone sticks their heads in the sand.

BRILLIANT!

Rock-on Dems, trash the Pubs away. It gets you where you want to be in your little (or big) heads.

By the way, you don't have to trash the Pubs to feel good. They trash,and embarrass themselves enough without Dems help.

Just don't break your left arm patting yourselves on the back.