HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 09:10 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lanterman
Hi Don,

Just to clarify I need only the square cross sectional with the raised bumps.
Ben,

let me get the pieces out and I will post a photo. All I really want if you can, is to send $.01 via paypal. That way I can print a shipping label automatically.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2007, 09:15 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,413 Posts
My clicky things broke off... i dont even need them. The wing has stayed on for 20 flights without a problem. It is a tight fit as it is
SNIPE_53 is offline Find More Posts by SNIPE_53
Old Dec 18, 2007, 09:44 PM
St. Charles, MO USA
Joined Jan 2001
668 Posts
Comments

Snipe_53... I bet that really hurt Sorry about that, I couldn't help it.

Don, I have transferred some funds to my PayPal (it was setting at $0.00) and it will take 3 days it says to become active. However I think PayPal sent it to you. Bonnie (my bride) and I will leave town Friday to go to Atlanta to see my son and will be out of town for a week so. Hopefully we can get this high money transaction done before then!

I appreciate your offer.

Ben
Ben Lanterman is offline Find More Posts by Ben Lanterman
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:31 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lanterman
Don, I have transferred some funds to my PayPal (it was setting at $0.00) and it will take 3 days it says to become active. However I think PayPal sent it to you. Bonnie (my bride) and I will leave town Friday to go to Atlanta to see my son and will be out of town for a week so. Hopefully we can get this high money transaction done before then!
I got it. This is what you need correct?

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:46 PM
swede
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Aug 2005
3,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
Ben,

let me get the pieces out and I will post a photo. All I really want if you can, is to send $.01 via paypal. That way I can print a shipping label automatically.

Don

Just for good measure, make sure to add the .03% to cover the paypal fees. You could probably even round up, just my $.02. ($.02 - get it? Okay that was really lame. Time to go to bed. )
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:57 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15
Just for good measure, make sure to add the .03% to cover the paypal fees. You could probably even round up, just my $.02. ($.02 - get it? Okay that was really lame. Time to go to bed. )
I just checked to see what Paypal does and they take a 100% fee. $.01 on a $.01 transaction Not having to go to the post office and deal with grumpy postal employees and long lines, priceless

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:20 AM
St. Charles, MO USA
Joined Jan 2001
668 Posts
Totally agree with the PostOffice. Not only that when we went to buy stamps we tried to use a machine that required a Phd to operate it. Oh well....

Those are the parts.

Ben
Ben Lanterman is offline Find More Posts by Ben Lanterman
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:41 PM
swede
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Aug 2005
3,835 Posts
usmc_VTOL_mech, or anyone else that has done their ESC's like this , have you noticed any problems? Do they seem to get enough cool air flow. If all goes well, I should be able to get mine almost finished today, and that is how I'd like to do my ESC's.
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Dec 28, 2007, 01:50 PM
Seemed like a good idea!
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2005
949 Posts
TX option - park radio ok?

I'm getting my GWS F15 in the next week or so...can't wait

I have a Spektrum DX6 radio, but I'm concerned that this plane will out-fly the TX/RX range. Has anyone used the DX6 radio with this plane yet?

It seems to fly slow enough to keep it within 'park flyer' range, but by watching the videos it looks like it can fly fast enough where my TX/RX range might be an issue.

Any thoughts?

Sasha
beemer is offline Find More Posts by beemer
Old Dec 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,413 Posts
hmmmm... You should be fine. Im not aware of the exact range of the DX6 but its far enough that you shouldnt have to worry. I am always flying at the cricket oval about 400 meters (437 yards for all you imperial people ) in diameter. Did it with a mates DX6 and had no troubles. Then used my 36 meg radio but i cant compare that to a DX6... obviously

Peace out
SNIPE_53 is offline Find More Posts by SNIPE_53
Old Dec 28, 2007, 02:15 PM
Captured RAF FW - 190
Worcestershire, UK
Joined Nov 2006
300 Posts
Anyone gone for the pusher prop yet?
(for the want of not going back through all the tread since my last post)
300s is offline Find More Posts by 300s
Old Dec 28, 2007, 02:31 PM
Seemed like a good idea!
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2005
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPE_53
I am always flying at the cricket oval about 400 meters (437 yards for all you imperial people ) in diameter. Did it with a mates DX6 and had no troubles.
Thanks very much, that's what I wanted to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300s
I know it's probably the simplest setup, but I can't imagine hand launching with a solid 3-blader ready to nip at my knuckles. And belly landing would be a bit tender too.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 02:55 PM
Seemed like a good idea!
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2005
949 Posts

Quote:
How far can the DX6 "hear" other fliers?[other TX's]
A good rule of thumb is about mile. So any DX6 flier in that proximity will have total security.

What about when DX6 users are farther than a half a mile?[from other TX's]
As long as you don't fly 75% of the distance toward the other transmitter (approximately 3/8 mile) there can't be a problem. The chances of flying 2000 feet away with a parkie are nil. It's just no fun that far away.
Well, I guess that answers it. So 2000 feet, or 609 meters, or 666 yards! Definitely a number to keep away from!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 03:02 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300s
(for the want of not going back through all the tread since my last post)
See this thread in the Pusher Prop Jet forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer
I know it's probably the simplest setup, but I can't imagine hand launching with a solid 3-blader ready to nip at my knuckles. And belly landing would be a bit tender too.
It's not as bad as you think. All you have to remember is to follow through on your throw (like throwing a baseball). If you do that, then your hand naturally arcs downward and (hopefully) out of the path of the moving prop. I have several hand-launched pusher jets, and so far not one prop hit. Of course, now I've jinxed myself, and will get bit on the next launch!

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Dec 28, 2007, 03:39 PM
Seemed like a good idea!
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2005
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
All you have to remember is to follow through on your throw
The follow through is the part that always gets me. I either forget to follow through with the hand launch which ends up with a very short flight. Or I forget to follow through with a flare before touch down...which ends up with a surprisingly short landing roll out.