SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:53 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,509 Posts
db

That is clever with the animated picture in full screen. At first, I thought something got into my eyes and did a double take.

Now the question, who will be the first to bash the kit. Our Aussie friends are getting them in the shops now, any word on getting them into the US distribution system?

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:58 AM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunracer
ronin,

i think this is what bandit was looking to send you...
Thanks Gunracer, that's exactly what I did.
The Bandit is offline Find More Posts by The Bandit
Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:21 PM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,665 Posts
If you want to clip the wings - clip the ends and put a new tip on. The size of the inboard wings and flap are correct - but the ailerons and outer wings got stretched.
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:29 PM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
Is it a drumming sound, or beating in the air? and it sort of varies up and down slightly?

We were discussing this before and it appears the drumming or beating sound gets more noticeable the closer the RPM of the two fans is. When I first set mine up I tested each fan and set the ESC timing so as to bring them as close together as possible. This caused a beating sound in the air. Resetting the 2 esc's back to standard and it dissapeared, this is because the RPM difference went back to almost 1000. Before it was within a few hundred.

So if it is beating dont worry about it, most likely your fans are pretty close in RPM to each other.
Hey Extreme,

I haven't played around with timing yet. You seem to be pretty familiar with the GWS 005A inrunners. I have them on a GWS 25A esc, set to auto timing. It has 5, 12, 18, 25 degrees of timing...would you recommend some other timing instead of having it set to auto timing? Anyone have a link to a good tutorial on motor timing?
The Bandit is offline Find More Posts by The Bandit
Old Jul 12, 2007, 02:53 PM
gws-online-dealer
Winterthur, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2006
591 Posts
GWS - F-15 available in Switzerland since yesterday....
gws-rc-models.ch is offline Find More Posts by gws-rc-models.ch
Old Jul 12, 2007, 03:14 PM
db1
don betz
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2004
571 Posts
Well, really the whole wing has been blown up so just shortening the outer pannel would be wrong as well. Cutting it at the root at least reduces span AND root chord.

db
db1 is offline Find More Posts by db1
Last edited by db1; Jul 16, 2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 03:26 PM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
3,965 Posts
thanks gunracer
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
Old Jul 12, 2007, 04:43 PM
gws-online-dealer
Winterthur, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2006
591 Posts
Cannot wait

Cannot wait until maiden tomorrow....

For those who dont have her at home: Shes much more beautiful in real, and much bigger then it appears on the pictures
gws-rc-models.ch is offline Find More Posts by gws-rc-models.ch
Last edited by gws-rc-models.ch; Jul 12, 2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 04:52 PM
db1
don betz
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2004
571 Posts
OK, Now I also "sanded" a new tip. Obviously the proportions aren't actually scale but It sure wasn't scale to begin with either. I think we may be loosing too much area by the time we do both root and tip this much though.
We'll see how it looks once we can get a hold of some spare wing panels. Didn't I read somewhere that there was a rumor that GWS was going to offer a more scale wing panel? Was there any truth in that?

db
db1 is offline Find More Posts by db1
Last edited by db1; Jul 13, 2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:16 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,509 Posts
First sighting...

GWS Products online is advertising the F-15

$99 for white, $108 gray. With EDF 64's and "BL2028" (don't know what that is.

http://www.gwsproductsonline.com/search.asp

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:15 PM
AMA 353531
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2003
6,564 Posts
That's the motor(s)

No NPS listed?
rdeis is offline Find More Posts by rdeis
Last edited by rdeis; Jul 12, 2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:57 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
db1 why are you posting my photos of the F15??

Ahh I see whats happening now, wasnt doing its blinky wing chopped thing before, thought u had posted up the wrong pic! Hmm interesting idea, would be easy enough to do. Not that i want to build another one mind you!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Jul 12, 2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: duhh worked it out now
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:42 PM
Hangar queen hoarder
Denver, CO
Joined Jul 2006
3,939 Posts
I might take a stab at clipping the wings. Not that this plane doesn't fly well, but I don't find mine to be the most fun anymore, and I have even considered tearing the power system out (to use in an X-flight foamy jet). IMO the 262 was much more fun to fly, but w/ some clipped wings, the F-15 could be a blast to fly too.
tailslide5_0 is offline Find More Posts by tailslide5_0
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:07 AM
Hangar queen hoarder
Denver, CO
Joined Jul 2006
3,939 Posts
I was playing around w/ the idea of clipping the wings from the root, and I took some pics to get the general idea of what it would look like from the top view.

Comparing all pics to the full-scale 3-view, I think the last pic is the closest. Using the panel lines as a reference, you can get an idea of how much wing root was hidden.
Last edited by tailslide5_0; Nov 10, 2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 02:48 AM
Hangar queen hoarder
Denver, CO
Joined Jul 2006
3,939 Posts
With a little bit of extra time on my hands, I dove straight into my wing clipping attempt. I ultimately decided to take off 2.5" from each wing, as this (IMO) gave it the most scale look possible w/o cutting into the wingtips and/or other parts of the jet.

The location of the mid spar was transferred before the chunk of wing was cut off. The forward wing joint spar will not be able to be used -due to the severely reduced root chord-, and because of the thinner wing thickness -when cut down 2.5"-, the aft wing joint spar block cannot be used either, just the spar itself w/ a groove cut into the bottom of the wing. Because of these two factors, I will permanently epoxy the wings on, so I can have sufficient wing stiffness, and because the whole plane does not take up nearly the space it used to w/ the wings attatched anymore. 6" of reduced wing span makes a big difference. Later I will epoxy the wings on w/ applicable anhedral.

Any CG experts out there have any idea if the CG will have to go forward, back, or stay the same? IMO it will either stay the same or have to go a bit aft.
Last edited by tailslide5_0; Jul 13, 2007 at 02:58 AM.