HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:49 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
I've got a set of 64mm fans from my retired F-15. They are set up to use a 4s setup (GWS 3900 kv I think - would have to scroll back in the thread to find them. Interested? PM me.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:29 PM
AMA 353531
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2003
6,553 Posts
Original development was a brushed version, that's why it has the cheater holes in the top.

At one point Tower Hobbies had a power package for the GWS 262. If that;s still available it's a drop in fit. If not, any 64mm fans will fit.
rdeis is offline Find More Posts by rdeis
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:52 PM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
ok guys an update............................

the guy i bought it from (rcu) has paper covering the paper labels on the box. for shipping . i cut off the paper off the end and it is marked what it orig came with. it was marked as the "edf 2028 white ver. my research shows that it was to come with twin 64mm brushless setup's. i guess the vender he bought it from switched them out at some point. only one motor reads gws, the other can is blank. im acually buying 2 complete setups from someone for this f-15. i have some motors but i cant get the shafts off the motors and the fans just push on the shaft adapter any ways and i dont like that. i cant in good concience donate the bird like this. i want it as the box states.
corvettercr is offline Find More Posts by corvettercr
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:22 AM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,840 Posts
Wow, I got about as lucky as I could possibly be with this thing.

I love this jet. It is the one that always comes to the field with me. It's also one of the ones I am most comfortable flying in my neighborhood.

Last week I was flying inverted and pulled up (down elevator) really quickly. A move I have done several, if not a hundred times without incident. As soon as the plane pulled up out of the inverted dive, the battery dropped right out and disconnected.

Unbelievably, the plane flipped a couple times, stopped flipping and started floating inverted. It slowly floated back and forth and landed upside down on my neighbors roof. It was surreal how slowly it came down.

It broke both stabilizers in two or three pieces and "sanded" the top of the fuse from the coarse roof shingles. The stabs are already repaired, but I can't find my lightweight spackle that I use for repairs.

So, in case anyone wants to recreate a battery out, float down landing, you need the plane upside down and the elevators at a 45* "down elevator" position.
denial15 is offline Find More Posts by denial15
Old Aug 31, 2011, 01:47 PM
AMA 353531
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2003
6,553 Posts
Ha!

I've done something similar with my old Turbo Vector and my scratch-built Polarijet, but not the F-15. Same results as you-- parachute-like inverted flat spin, no impact damage.
rdeis is offline Find More Posts by rdeis
Old Sep 01, 2011, 04:59 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeis View Post
Original development was a brushed version, that's why it has the cheater holes in the top.

At one point Tower Hobbies had a power package for the GWS 262. If that;s still available it's a drop in fit. If not, any 64mm fans will fit.
GWS already supply EDF64 with GWS BL2028 for years.

Pls be noticed.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Sep 01, 2011, 05:00 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr View Post
I've got a set of 64mm fans from my retired F-15. They are set up to use a 4s setup (GWS 3900 kv I think - would have to scroll back in the thread to find them. Interested? PM me.

Jim
Pls tell us what you have when to be with GWS BL2028 motors?
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Sep 02, 2011, 11:11 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
397 Posts
I have one of these for sale in uncompleted kit form.. If someone is interested make me an offer.. I have extra fans/parts. I traded someone for it a while back and can now see I will never get around to finishing it. First $200 takes it......
coptercptn is offline Find More Posts by coptercptn
Last edited by coptercptn; Oct 20, 2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: add price
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:19 PM
massachusetts
Joined Jul 2004
206 Posts
elevon piece

Does anyone have the plastic pieces to mount full flying stabilizers?
I thought I had a bad servo, but I took the elevon off and the plastic is stripped, its wobbly when mounted.
Thanks,
Kevin
Massachusetts
photoz01 is offline Find More Posts by photoz01
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
I thought I saw this earlier in the thread, but can somebody repost or link, page number, or a picture?

1. I know the blue 2028 motors advertised 3s rated, but thought I read otherwise!
Anybody hook 4s up to them with any results?

2. Anybody have pics of a clipped wing on this bird?

Thanks,
Matt
toughitaliankid is offline Find More Posts by toughitaliankid
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Matt

It's kind of hard to read but the blue motor is good for 3s only.
http://www.gwsus.com/english/product/motor/gwblm005.htm
The green, black, and yellow will handle 4s.
Back when the GWS-15 was released, there was a lot of discussion as to motor/battery combo. Trust me, this is the Reader's Digest version.

Jim
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughitaliankid View Post
2. Anybody have pics of a clipped wing on this bird?
You mean like in posts #1397-1420 of this thread?
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
BINGO on the wing!....Think I'll go with my Ammo inrunners. 750ish peak watts at 60 amps on a 2200 3s pack. Thanks.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
All done with my 3rd F-15. Version 3 has clipped wings and 2 Ammo 4875Kv inrunners. Same power as my 2nd EPO version but much lighter, and shorter clipped wing. Have 3 flights on it with a 40c 3s pack and I think I finally got it right. Flys more like a jet and not a trainer. As soon as it warms up I'll spray it with some Polycrylic to toughen it up.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 03:40 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
I'm getting the itch to get another F-15. Batteries are better/cheaper now and motors more efficient. My current fleet of EDF are all EPO and I've seen the EPO version of the F-15 for under $60. I'm going to scroll through this thread to see if anyone installed servoless retracts.

Jim