HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:16 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,898 Posts
Where is everyone getting a good price on the gws 15's at? My first edf is a freewing f-35... Would this make a good 2nd Jet?
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2011, 08:19 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,504 Posts
It's a really nice jet, and if you are not afraid of building, would make a good first jet. It is not fast but handles quite well with just elevons. Highly recommend you use the GWS "Park" servos for the flying stab. It lands like a dream, doing high alfa aproaches is very cool. I used the GWS 3900 kv motors on 2200 mAh 4s - got flight times of around 4 min.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Mar 08, 2011, 02:22 PM
Glenn
United States, WI, Oconto Falls
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr View Post
It's a really nice jet, and if you are not afraid of building, would make a good first jet. It is not fast but handles quite well with just elevons. Highly recommend you use the GWS "Park" servos for the flying stab. It lands like a dream, doing high alfa aproaches is very cool. I used the GWS 3900 kv motors on 2200 mAh 4s - got flight times of around 4 min.

Jim
I absolutely agree Jim, I flew mine again after neary a year stuck in a cupbord, though mine is the 4600kv motors I used a 2200mah 4s pack things came down luke warm.
Glenn.
wellington53 is offline Find More Posts by wellington53
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:52 AM
It wasn't my fault!!
USA, MI, Midland
Joined Oct 2004
793 Posts
Well.. all the snow melted, and I did a taxi test.. a bit twitchy to start but trimmed it in.
Once it was a little more stable I gave her a bit more and easedback on the elevons.. Nose came right up.. was looking good. Probelm was my turning circle was reduced and I hit a slab of concrete and the nose wheel collapsed. Bah!!
Easy fix.. but then we got another 8" of snow.. when will it end.

By the way.. Mine came out at 47oz - includint 2650mah lipo (it has retracts too) I'm kinda worried about this.. It has stock "blue" motors.

I'm thinking I might need to epoxy the wings on?

Anyone flying this heavy?

Thanks.. Jeff
Headspin is offline Find More Posts by Headspin
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:57 PM
Glenn
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspin View Post
Well.. all the snow melted, and I did a taxi test.. a bit twitchy to start but trimmed it in.
Once it was a little more stable I gave her a bit more and easedback on the elevons.. Nose came right up.. was looking good. Probelm was my turning circle was reduced and I hit a slab of concrete and the nose wheel collapsed. Bah!!

By the way.. Mine came out at 47oz - includint 2650mah lipo (it has retracts too) I'm kinda worried about this.. It has stock "blue" motors.

Thanks.. Jeff
Jeff, I just weighed mine with the 4s 2200mah and it came out at 32ozs so caparison yours is a pig I too have the blue motors.

Glueing the wings on sounds a good idea!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:02 PM
skunkworks
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:

Thanks.. Jeff
Umm mine weighs 46 oz.s with fixed gear!
Dark Angel is offline Find More Posts by Dark Angel
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:05 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
GWS F-15 in show room

I attach photos of F-15 in GWS show room. The EPO version is going to be released very soon. Thanks for your patience. It's been a long time., but it is ready now.
gws roger is offline Find More Posts by gws roger
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:34 AM
It wasn't my fault!!
USA, MI, Midland
Joined Oct 2004
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
Umm mine weighs 46 oz.s with fixed gear!
Well.. I feel a lot better then now

Are you stock motors? And are your wings still clip on?
I heard tales of the wing joints flexing - kinda scary.. Mine are pretty tight. Almost no gap when fitted. In fact, so tight they are difficult to remove without damaging the foam.. so I tend to leave them fitted. Might as well be epoxied.. oooo.. more weight
Headspin is offline Find More Posts by Headspin
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:59 AM
Glenn
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Quote:

I heard tales of the wing joints flexing - kinda scary.. Mine are pretty tight. Almost no gap when fitted. In fact, so tight they are difficult to remove without damaging the foam.. so I tend to leave them fitted. Might as well be epoxied.. oooo.. more weight
I still take mine off for transport and yes they are tight, glueing them on sounds like a good idea to me.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:30 PM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
Gws f15

Quote:

We have new in-runner motor for EDF 64 which is very powerful for this size.
Two EDF makes the F-15 over-powered. You do not need full throttle all the time. The clip on wing joint is an innovative device in model airplane kit. Convenient., secure. and easy to use if you make it well aligned.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:09 PM
skunkworks
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:

Nope wings are not glued, using hyperion 4400kv witha 4000mah batt, ailerons,elevator setup. Stick with the stock one unless you are willing to go to a 4s setup Never had any issues with the wimgs the landing gear are little wobbly so I have to be careful on rollout
Dark Angel is offline Find More Posts by Dark Angel
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:56 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
We have new in-runner motor for EDF 64 which is very powerful for this size.
Two EDF makes the F-15 over-powered. You do not need full throttle all the time. The clip on wing joint is an innovative device in model airplane kit. Convenient., secure. and easy to use if you make it well aligned.
What are these motors and where can you get them??
coptercptn is online now Find More Posts by coptercptn
Old Mar 28, 2011, 01:35 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
GWS EDF motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn View Post
What are these motors and where can you get them??
GWS EDFs now come with in-runner motor ready to use. Please check them out at:http://www.caliberhobby.com/df_edf64.html
or at:http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...stem/edf64.htm

•EDF64 - BL2028 (BLM005) Blue
Old Jul 22, 2011, 05:44 PM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
hi guys, i just bought one of these new in box for 60 bucks whoo hoo!!!! comes with fans and brushless motors. however my fans are orange. are they any good?
corvettercr is offline Find More Posts by corvettercr
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:43 AM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettercr View Post
hi guys, i just bought one of these new in box for 60 bucks whoo hoo!!!! comes with fans and brushless motors. however my fans are orange. are they any good?
Great price! Where did you get it?
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio