HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2002, 03:46 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
SIG Kadet LT-40 Engine/Prop Setup Help

I learned to fly on a Hobbystar 60 airplane powered by an OS .60 FX engine last year, but it had a "Mishap" and the airframe is toast. I saved all of the gear from it and just sat it aside for the last year. I currently fly only electric helis and planes, but was given a SIG LT-40 ARF from a friend that does not want to equip it. I have everything installed except a suitable engine/prop combo. Could I use the OS .60 FX if I could fit it in the mount and balance the aircraft? If not, what are some good options for RELIABLE/EASY TO ADJUST systems for cruising around and doing touch and goes and taking pictures? I would consider an electric conversion, but it is too heavy already and would cost to much money to get a system I would want for good duration. I don't mind going "glow", but I never had much success dealing with them and keeping them running. So I would like something that is good for just gas and go operations!

Thanks,
Mike
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:18 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
No gas guys on the internet?
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:22 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Yes, the're out there, just takes em longer to reply!! Welcome to R/C Groups!
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Oct 26, 2002, 09:12 PM
Senior Moment
Woburn, MA, USA
Joined Jul 2001
624 Posts
LT-40 power

I think that .60 might work okay, I think one of our club members has a 60 on his LT-40..
I used a .52 4-stroke Magnum, not a light engine and still had to put my extra large battery pack and receiver right behind the fuel tank. (I think they wanted some of the gear in the space under the tank).
If you do add a camera near or aft of the CG, you might just need and heavy engine to balance it out.

Cheers,
Rich<>
rlt55 is offline Find More Posts by rlt55