SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 06, 2007, 11:40 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,869 Posts
Discussion
Back to the hobby issue.

Now that I've gotten that eBay thing off my chest, I'm pleased to announce the arrival of my re-flashed PowerZone adapter board. It's back on the Blade CP and works to absolute perfection. Thanks, Thomas B.

I'm also pleased to announce the arrival of a free airplane to my hangar. Earlier today, a flying friend of mine gave me a CMP Zero Fighter 25S that had been damaged in a rare midair collision with another plane out at the field. He'd built it as an electric, but I'm going to "go for the gas" once it's repaired. The damage is actually quite minimal. The LE of the wing has a ding where it meets up with the saddle, the fuel tank mount and motor mount broke off, the fiberglass cowl got kind of beat up, there's a hole in the canopy and one of his sons did some slight accidental damage to the tail after he dropped something on it. I gave him two brand-new sets of wings from my old UltraFly Cessna 182. He's happy; I'm ecstatic. Thanks, Mitch H.

This gives me the opportunity to develop some building skills now that I've polished my flying skills thanks to RTF's and ARF's. Yes, I know this plane's an ARF, but it's a traditionally constructed ARF. Only other balsa ARF I've owned was too badly damaged in a crash for me to even attempt a repair.

Been looking for an excuse to buy a covering iron anyway.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
to remove ads between posts