HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 06, 2007, 11:28 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,898 Posts
Discussion
$10M for a '69 Charger

Someone, somewhere, just laid out nearly ten million United States dollars over on eBay. The item is the single most expensive one ever sold on the site.

His 9.9 million just got him an autographed 1969 Dodge Charger done up like the General Lee of "Dukes of Hazzard" fame. The autographs are of the surviving cast and the car's owner and builder is John "Bo Duke" Schneider.

Ten million bucks? For a Charger R/T with a Hemi and a Torque-Flite automatic?

What I'd like to know is this: How smart did the guy have to be to earn the ten million in the first place and what could have possibly caused him to blow a fortune like that on a hot rod Dodge?

Guess there's at least one multi-millionaire "Dukes of Hazzard" fan on the planet. This is a scary thing.

Have we really elevated pop culture icons like this car (not even an original from the series, but did see use in a movie) to this lofty height? If the guy had the bread to buy this one, could he not simply have duplicated the feat himself for say, $25k? Even at $50,000 this is a comparative bargain. I understand that John Schneider is a very nice and decent guy. I'm sure he'd have autographed the car.

This Charger's new owner has a ten million dollar paperweight. He sure as heck can't drive it now! Not after laying out that kind of coin.

If anyone's interested, I'll be putting my '69 Ford Ranchero on eBay real soon.

Opening bid: $1,000,000.

No reserve.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
to remove ads between posts