SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 06, 2007, 09:56 PM
Aerosquirrel
Arkansas
Joined Aug 2006
97 Posts
Discussion
pz spit vs gws spit

I have always loved the look of the spitfires, so for someone with a little experience looking for their first warbird, which would be a better choice. The ParkZone spitfire Mk. 2, or the GWS spit? From what I can tell the GWS is slightly smaller wingspan (4in), but quite a bit lighter.
denjen1 is offline Find More Posts by denjen1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2007, 10:04 PM
diligentia vis celeritas
Corona, CA
Joined Feb 2006
3,547 Posts
deja vu all over again...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676114
gunracer is offline Find More Posts by gunracer
Old May 06, 2007, 11:13 PM
Aerosquirrel
Arkansas
Joined Aug 2006
97 Posts
Thanks Gunracer. Seems to me it's pretty much a toss up between the two. I don't have alot of building experience, so maybe the pz would be better for me. One thing I noticed was that the CG seems to be really important in these planes. The pz plane is supposed to be ready to go out of the box, will the balance be right on it? I live in a rural area and taught myself how to fly and crash exactly what is tip stall? duh!!! Once again thanks for the lead, and have a Great day. Dennis
denjen1 is offline Find More Posts by denjen1
Old May 06, 2007, 11:25 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
The GWS can take alot more abuse then the PZ plane. GWS is much easier to fix.

Now, I'll throw another option in for you.....how about the new RTF P-51 from hobby-lobby? Its all set up for you, has a brushless motor and esc and has a lipo battery with charger.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/mustang.htm
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old May 07, 2007, 06:16 AM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,445 Posts
check out my PZ spit videos...

www.myspace.com/rcihcc

they may help you make up your mind.... I love the PZ SPIT!!!

and I am by no means knocking GWS...

I fly their:

P38
EStarter
TM400
ME 109
SS

So no one can claim I am anti GWS because I am a huge fan of theirs... but the PZ Spit is awesome... straight from the box to the air... no building except for connecting the wing... run a 3s 2100 lipo in her and she will love ya!!
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old May 07, 2007, 08:13 AM
Lexington, Ky
Joined Apr 2004
421 Posts
Unless you consider yourself an experienced flyer I would recommend a GWS slope glider. For $30 you get a plane to learn on. Come on, a little building never hurt anyone! But, I don't think a GWS is ever going to look as good as a PZ.
Condre' is offline Find More Posts by Condre'
Old May 07, 2007, 08:18 AM
Member 120mph Club
Joined Oct 2004
12,445 Posts
I enjoy building as well... BUT there are times when you have too many planes on the building table and want something new to fly without building (currently a second ME109, Fidget, Skymaster, Tribute, and 2 cox warbirds... just finished the P-38, and a Styker in need of a servo replacment)... which is how I ended up with the PZ Spitfire... and I have NO REGRETS!!! Not everyone likes to build and I will admit I get way more enjoyment out of flying then I do sitting at the kitchen table building.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2007, 10:36 AM
Shaken not stirred
England
Joined Mar 2007
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATIS
I enjoy building as well... BUT there are times when you have too many planes on the building table and want something new to fly without building (currently a second ME109, Fidget, Skymaster, Tribute, and 2 cox warbirds... just finished the P-38, and a Styker in need of a servo replacment)... which is how I ended up with the PZ Spitfire... and I have NO REGRETS!!! Not everyone likes to build and I will admit I get way more enjoyment out of flying then I do sitting at the kitchen table building.

I also enjoy flying much more then building. I bought the PKZ Spitfire and still built a motor mount for a brushless. IMO the PKZ looks alot better.
J4m3sB0nD is offline Find More Posts by J4m3sB0nD
Old May 07, 2007, 10:46 AM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,401 Posts
I second what Kahlog said about the GWS spitty. 30 bucks for the slope glider, 30 more fore a cheap bell outrunner and ESC combo. Add a 3s lipo and you have a great flying bird.

I just gave a buddy a very "broken in" GWS Corsair. He revived it and I helped him maiden the fixed bird. Flew well, but upon landing he pancaked it pretty hard. Broke the fuse and snapped the wing in half. He was horrified at the carnage. I then showed him the magic of CA and acclerator. Corsair was fixed in 2 min.

Not knocking PZ at all, I guess it depends on if you have a radio servos ect. The GWS won't look as sharp as the PZ, but the GWS gives you the options such as chooseing your own paint and power setup.

Just my 2cent
pullup! is offline Find More Posts by pullup!
Old May 07, 2007, 11:00 AM
Joined Apr 2007
242 Posts
I love the PZ spit. I have never flown a GWS though.
Citabria86614 is offline Find More Posts by Citabria86614
Old May 07, 2007, 01:49 PM
Member 120mph Club
Joined Oct 2004
12,445 Posts
My PZ Spit is flyign on a AR6100 RX with my DX7... on a 3s 2100 lipo. But for a stock motor and servos she is incredible.....hands down.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2007, 02:56 PM
Member 120mph Club
Joined Oct 2004
12,445 Posts
more videos posted...

www.myspace.com/rcihcc

check out the tail camera video... very nice and you can see the pilot smiling!! LOL
RCG Plus Member