Old May 06, 2007, 04:11 PM
mre airtime, thn sober :P
holland
Joined Oct 2006
292 Posts
Discussion
hpi savage anti roll bar stabaliser???

hello my racing friends,

I drive an hpi savage ss 4.6 (almost stnd).
but i like driving on tarmac more so i want to set it up for on road more than off-road...
only there is one problem.. my car keeps flipping if i push it to hard in a corner (i am a skilled driver so dont blame me haha ).
here are my questions:
-does any1 know how to make/buy (like make the most (d.i.y. fan!) ) an savage anti roll bar/stabaliser??
-Does any1 know any tip or trick how to set up or modify my truck so it will be more of an on-road vehicle?
-does any1 know other ways of making it ''better'' in on-road??

please help me, thank you

mr. arthur1234
----------
flying is live
mr. arthur1234 is offline Find More Posts by mr. arthur1234
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2007, 03:40 PM
Got Speed?
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Joined Apr 2004
247 Posts
I have a E-savage and the only thing I can suggest to turn it into a on road car is to lower the body or make it wider. That will help with the roll overs..
TooSlow is offline Find More Posts by TooSlow
Old May 16, 2007, 12:34 PM
Joined Nov 2006
20 Posts
before you fabricate some setup. Lets look at some quick easy fixes...

First, remove your spacers from the top of the shock body's, right above the springs. This alone will help you quite a bit buy lowing the center of gravity.

Also try a stiffer shock oil. You prolly need to rebuild them anyway, try a 30wt in them or maybe even a 35, since your onroad so much. this will help alot with chassis roll in the corners.

The other options are as fallows:
Purchase the X chassis set. **Preferably the TVP Chassis plates, and bulkheads/shocktowers/transcase. (other items arnt so needed)

That chassis is 5mm lower COG. it dont sound like much, but it is noticeable difference.
The shock towers have 3 mounting points on them. You can adjust these to help the truck stay on all 4's during hard cornering.
The other items just make your life a hell of a lot easier.

With all that said, the savage is one bad a$$ truck, built like a tank - but handles like one too. So you cant really expect it to have truggy handling.. its not a race truck.
wickedklown is offline Find More Posts by wickedklown
Old May 17, 2007, 11:01 AM
Got Speed?
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Joined Apr 2004
247 Posts
This Extended TVC set will lower the CG

http://addicted2rc.com/E_Savage.html
TooSlow is offline Find More Posts by TooSlow
Old May 22, 2007, 01:23 AM
Joined May 2007
1 Posts
HPI Sway Bars

HPI does have sway bars available for the Savage/Savage X/XSS.
If you are in the States, you should still be able to get them.

They are no longer available in Canada, but the price up here last month was $56.00 each. One for the back and one for the front. So you would probably be looking at about $30.00 US each for the sway bars, and they do make one helluva difference for running on cement without flipping!

I have the Savage X, bought last month and already modified, I need to find the sway bars myself. None available where I am.
WebRat is offline Find More Posts by WebRat
Old Jul 09, 2007, 11:25 AM
mre airtime, thn sober :P
holland
Joined Oct 2006
292 Posts
well i dont live in tha states but hpi has new tvp's,,, the motor and tranny are lowerd like alot
mr. arthur1234 is offline Find More Posts by mr. arthur1234