HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2007, 10:54 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,033 Posts
Discussion
Enya 60-IIIB

For those who aren't aware of it Enya are now remanufacturing quite a few of their old engines. I've always loved my old 45 model 6001 but for whatever reason Enya have chosen to remake the model 6002 which is nowhere near as good as the earlier one for CL stunt. But when I saw the 60-IIIB was available I had to get one . So here it is...only a few days old. I ordered it with the new Silent Muffler which seems to have a baffle fitted at the joint line but I haven't pulled that apart to look yet although I had the engine in pieces about 10 minutes after it arrived .

You can see the Enya range at http://enya-engine.com/catalogueE_top.html but I didn't buy from the factory. I got mine through Kaz Minato in Japan who does a very good deal and only 4 days delivery to Australia. He's also a dedicated CL flier. His international site is at http://homepage3.nifty.com/bluemax/MNT001.html
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2007, 12:25 PM
WBE
Las Vegas Circle Burners
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Aug 2005
585 Posts
Thanks for the link, have you found a muffler to use with it? I have this same engine but need a muffler.
WBE is online now Find More Posts by WBE
Old May 05, 2007, 09:01 PM
Joined Sep 2003
3,033 Posts
If you go to http://enya-engine.com/accessories_E.html you'll find two mufflers for it, the M351X and further down the page under Special Mufflers there's the M352X which is the one I got. There's a note against the descriptions saying that the engine holes have to be drilled out to fit the rather large screws supplied but my muffler came with two 3mm screws which were a perfect fit. I rather like this feature because the screws are strong enough to do the job but also weak enough to break off in a crash and save any real damage to either the muffler or the crankcase.

The exhaust stack on the engine is the only change that's been made to the original 60's casting presumably so they could adapt a later design muffler to this one. If you've got the original 60 then I'm not sure if this one would fit.

One thing I didn't mention before was that Kaz gave me 20% off factory prices .
Old May 07, 2007, 10:12 AM
gravity always wins !
Perth. Western Australia
Joined Apr 2007
179 Posts
I've got a older ENYA 60 Model 7032 I picked up a while ago on ebay.
I think it may have been an R/C convert but can't be really sure.
Cross flow design, two rings, 4 square holes in the liner for the exhaust.
The two holes where the early engines had a pivoting baffle linked to
the R/C carbie, have been plugged with what look bronze plugs.
It came with a very home made 'tongue' muffler that is attached by a
strap around the outside of the cylinder.
The exhaust port is a rectangular shape - internally it measures approx.
33mm wide by 8mm high. Wall thickness of the exhaust port is only 4mm
at the open end, front and back. About 1 mm thick top and bottom.
Any ideas how to attach a muffler ?
There is nowhere with metal thick enough to drill mounting holes.
Any ideas ?
( got to figure out how to post photos here one day.)
Flip 465 is offline Find More Posts by Flip 465
Old May 07, 2007, 11:34 PM
Joined Sep 2003
3,033 Posts
The early engines used a strap on muffler similar to the tongue muffler. If you can find a muffler that covers the exhaust then you should be able to make a strap out of a hose clamp or something similar.

To post photos, don't do a Quick Reply but use the button for New Reply. Under the typing window you'll see Additional Options and a button for Manage Attachments which pops up a window to select the files you want and then upload them. When they're uploaded then send the new reply.
Old Oct 09, 2007, 03:12 PM
Joined Oct 2007
365 Posts
Wow, very nice piece of machinery !!!! you must have good lines to withstand the power of this engine (and strong arms too...) !!!
I received a new Enya today, but a more modest one. a Enya .09 IV
Best wishes
stg61abc is offline Find More Posts by stg61abc
Old Oct 10, 2007, 02:21 AM
Joined Sep 2003
3,033 Posts
Would you believe I still haven't run that Enya? But seeing your post got me onto the phone and I'll be picking up 5 litres of castor tomorrow night . I'll be using 25% all castor the same as I used to with my 45 so it shouldn't be too long before I can report on how it runs.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:07 AM
Joined Jul 2007
151 Posts
How Does It Compare To Newer 60 Size As Far As Torque Or Speed
I Have & Love My 2 Enyas .904c & 120r 4c
BUCKSHOTRC is offline Find More Posts by BUCKSHOTRC