HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2007, 10:46 AM
Classic minis rock!!
UK, Bristol
Joined Jan 2007
478 Posts
Discussion
Radio for kyosho hors

Do i need a combined reciever/speed control to fit it in the frame?

At mo i have a spektrum SR3000 reciever and a an m-troniks speedo dont think its all gonna fit in lol and my servo is to big to!

i can get a smaller servo but dont really want to shell out on another reciever or speedo!

And what size are the cells i need to use in a hor my standard 7.2v looks way to big!

Thanks

Lee
lee1980 is offline Find More Posts by lee1980
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2007, 11:01 AM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,697 Posts
You don't need a combined unit. I am running a Mamba so the ESC is really small. I don't know your ESC is but you might need a smaller one. I run a spektrum receiver in mine. Some people mount the receiver under under the tail which leaves more room for the ESC up front.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old May 05, 2007, 11:24 AM
Dont Go There
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb
You don't need a combined unit. I am running a Mamba so the ESC is really small. I don't know your ESC is but you might need a smaller one. I run a spektrum receiver in mine. Some people mount the receiver under under the tail which leaves more room for the ESC up front.

Bruce
Bruce

Could ya post some pictures of your bike set up and maybe more info.. I just got myself a bike and am going to need to figure out what kind of set up works best.. I have an Aitronics MX3 FM so I think it and the micro rx will work.. I am new to electrics so the ESC, speed control, motors are all weird to me right now.. I'm a nitro guy. I appreciate any help...

Thanks
Chris
Monstermanhbf is offline Find More Posts by Monstermanhbf
Old May 05, 2007, 01:27 PM
Classic minis rock!!
UK, Bristol
Joined Jan 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb

Bruce
Cheers Bruce got most of bike together now just cant assemble it fully until i can get electrics in lol. I think i can get the esc in the frame just got really chunky wires to lol so will be tight and just hope the reciever fits in the tail to!

Thanks

Lee
Old May 05, 2007, 02:15 PM View Post
"The Dwarf"
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). It is temporarily hidden while "The Dwarf" edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old May 05, 2007, 02:28 PM
Classic minis rock!!
UK, Bristol
Joined Jan 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dwarf
Man don't stick anything in your tail! HA HA HA HA

Just get the little bugger together, and when your ready for the electronics remove the front forks and the front plastic grill! That's it!

So easy, even a drip like Butters can do it! HA HA HA HA

Just mount the esc to the upper plastic plate and the receiver sits right inside the grill.

Use a Mamba and a Novak XXL Micro receiver. They come FM and AM.

Got me? Boy'o
Hey Boy'o I also need a servo to anyone recommend one?

The esc fits in frame and i will need the micro spektrum reciever to fit in behind the grill to. anyone want to by a spektrum SR3000?

Im not going the brushless route yet using stock motor and cheapo esc for now

Thanks

Lee
Old May 05, 2007, 02:35 PM
Plano, TX
Joined Feb 2007
310 Posts
I run my Mamba ESC behind the grill and my Spektrum SR3000 on the recvr plate.
bbking9 is offline Find More Posts by bbking9
Old May 05, 2007, 03:43 PM
Classic minis rock!!
UK, Bristol
Joined Jan 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbking9
Must be the huge esc i got then lol, im having trouble finding ni-cads that fit or atleast i dont know what size or if they have a name as such?

Thanks

Lee
Old May 05, 2007, 06:38 PM
Plano, TX
Joined Feb 2007
310 Posts
cells must be 2/3a size
bbking9 is offline Find More Posts by bbking9
Old May 05, 2007, 10:16 PM
Joined Apr 2007
36 Posts
Quit beating your head against the wall, unless your into that sort of thing. And get this: http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=413

This pack is a direct fit and will make all your dreams come true! Boy'o!
"The Dwarf" is offline Find More Posts by "The Dwarf"
Old May 06, 2007, 04:52 AM
Classic minis rock!!
UK, Bristol
Joined Jan 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Quit beating your head against the wall, unless your into that sort of thing. And get this: http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=413

Yes i know Bruce has them but im in the UK, wish I would have ordered one when i got the bike now! will cost to much on shipping and import to get it from Bruce. There must be some in UK are they the same as micro 7.2v packs?

Looking at this one although out of stock at the moment

Nosram 7.2v

Thanks

Lee
Old May 08, 2007, 08:27 PM
Phoenix Arizona
Joined Mar 2007
17 Posts
Quote:

With brushless and on a small track this battery lasts about a half hour, maybe more. Well it does for us.:D
geoff_d is offline Find More Posts by geoff_d
Old May 09, 2007, 02:44 AM
Classic minis rock!!
UK, Bristol
Joined Jan 2007
478 Posts
Thanks all i have ordered some 2/3a size packs so should work lol

I was thinking instead of getting the micro spektrum SR3500 reciever. I could take cover off my SR3000 to fit it behind the grill/rad cover thingy and just cover it in insualtion/electrical tape as they dont get hot or anything hehe.

And i have ordered a hitec micro servo that is about 12mm wide now i hope its not to small to go in lol

Thanks

Lee
Last edited by lee1980; May 09, 2007 at 02:44 AM. Reason: servo
Old May 09, 2007, 11:12 AM
Phoenix Arizona
Joined Mar 2007
17 Posts
Yeah Lee one of the guys took off the cover to his SR3000 and just put it into some shrink rap. I don't know what he used, it was yellow and pretty large. He also mounted it on the normal plate, upside down. We are also using the small brushless ESC his is the Mamba, mine is the Hacker system. These things are sooo much fun!!!

If you got the HS-81, we just used three layers of servo tape, mushed real good not going anywhere.
At first we thought this servo is too weak, but then we learned how to drive... er ride these things. I think that KO makes a stronger mini.
geoff_d is offline Find More Posts by geoff_d
Old May 11, 2007, 10:37 PM
Portland, OR
Joined Mar 2007
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbking9
That's what I do also.
MikeV
wamf is offline Find More Posts by wamf